Woz on antenna issue, Google, and Steve Jobs

iLoveMyApple

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2008
Southern California
I agree with what he said about the antenna. It's been blown out of proportion. I can make my phone drop reception, but that's if I purposely try. When I'm using it like I usually do, there's no problem.

billycuth

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2010
"Sure I can make it happen, but in terms of daily usage... I've yet to drop a call..."

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
Totally discredits everything he said ...
... unless he's on Verizon.
Depends on where you live. AT&T has been very reliable for me in central NJ. Verizon has worse reception where I work. Many of my co-works have switched to AT&T because they cant get a reliable signal from Verizon. YMMV

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010

Discredits nothing. The only dropped calls on my iPhone 4 I've had so far were when my husband's 1st gen iPhone was in a poor signal area. After a few tries, he moved to another location and the rest of the call was fine. It was pretty obvious the problem was on his end, not mine.

99% of my time is spent in a strong signal area, and other than that one night, I've had NO drops. Frankly, the 4 doesn't even drop calls in areas that were utter dead zones for my 1st gen iPhone. As with Woz, I can force my phone to drop bars, but in real life usage, it's been a non issue for me. Given how Silicon Valley is utterly blanketed by cell towers, if he's not holding it "wrong", he's probably not dropping calls either.

It's not to say there's not an issue (or even that it's as minimal as some claim), but not everyone is affected.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
I wish it wasn't highly edited, but it's a great link
It's highly edited enough I wonder if what he was trying to say was anything close to what the video tries to make him appear to say. I mean it's easy enough to cut and paste and have some one say something entirely different than what they said. The video is so badly edited even that it seems that they would cut out entire parts of sentences and graph other sentences on there. Maybe they didn't and only cut out random comments, but their editing was crappy and just makes it appear to be them rewording stuff. I suppose if they really were trying to be dishonest they could have edited it better to not make it so obvious they had cut a lot of stuff out.

But, the video seems suspect to me with how much was obviously cut out.

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
"Call Failed" is something I have grown accustomed to. Same with dropping calls and talking to myself while the line have already been dropped.

Getting used to AT&T's spotty networks and i4's death grip is what Apple was banking on. Time is in Apple's favor, and I guess if it keeps on pretending the issue doesn't exist, eventually it would just fade away like everything else.

i4 is still a great product nevertheless, but it is too bad that it could be better.

billycuth

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2010

That was actually a snarky reference to the Antenna Song, by Jonathan Mann...

N-E-way, for me, I can't even remember the last time I dropped a call. I have a razr 2 currently, but I am chomping at the bit to upgrade to the iphone4. Should be able to any day now...

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
So, what is his job now for Apple? I know he co-found it, but does he "work" for Apple anymore?

OC513

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
NYC
So, what is his job now for Apple? I know he co-found it, but does he "work" for Apple anymore?
when he left he requested that he be made an "honorary Apple employee for life"....that request was granted and he earns like $25K a year from that.....but it is, as stated, honorary in nature.....he doesnt really work there.

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
Woz is a world renowned professional Segway athlete and makes his living from competitions.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I don't agree with what he said about Google though. I believe all the same stuff he could have said about Apple as well.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Woz is a has been and he's full of ****. He is on record as stating he carries 2 cell phones, one a Verizon phone.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Woz is a has been and he's full of ****. He is on record as stating he carries 2 cell phones, one a Verizon phone.
There's something wrong with that? I think most of use have two phone, VZW BBerry for work, and the iP4 for myself! I assume you're joking, but come on dude! Not a reason to kill the fellow!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.