Wrapsol is out of business!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aman20177, Apr 2, 2013.

1. aman20177, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017 at 12:04 AM
  2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Hmm, not surprisingly, I just had a look, WTF, $$$ for a plastic skin, whomever pays that kind of money for a piece of plastic must be out of their minds.

3. AppleTecFan macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

almost all screen protectors leave nothing behind when removing

zagg,ghost armor etc

4. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

This is such a sad and shocking news. I LOVE Wrapsol and their quality products. I've always use them in all my Apple products. Sad to see they go.

:mad:

5. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

Slickwraps makes wraps and skins for MBP's and such. I've never tried them or looked for reviews, but they have pretty decent reviews for their iPhone wraps.

6. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Acquired by otterbox late last year, so I'm guessing otterbox will start offering similar products under its own brand.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That makes sense since a company that is out of business doesn't usually honor the warranties as Wrapsol's website says it will

8. whatdoiknw macrumors member

this makes me sad as I've used their products for the past couple of years for all my iDevices since they didn't have the orange peel of zagg.

hope otterbox puts out new product soon.

9. Techandsniff macrumors newbie

Try Skinomi, I see their products on amazon and they seem to have great reviews.

10. mredr81 macrumors newbie

11. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

12. mredr81 macrumors newbie

I just placed my order. Bought one for wife's 13" Air and one for my rMBP. I searched for a code and found one: getsocial = 20%. Heck yeah!! I chose Phantom because it is matte. Gotta preserve the beauty of OEM.

13. aman20177 thread starter macrumors regular

What do you guys think of iCarbons? Only thing i'm worried about is it leaving residue when you decide to take it off.

14. ninja2000 macrumors 6502

iCarbons are great. I have been using them for years and they do not leave a residue when you remove it.

15. aman20177 thread starter macrumors regular

What about increase in temperature during operation of the laptop? Have you had issues with heat at all?

16. ninja2000 macrumors 6502

Nope. And I game a lot on my mbp which casuses a lot of heat. I also found the bottom was slightly more comfortable with the icarbon on as I guess it deflected some of the heat that would be on the users lap.

I also find it makes it easier to carry the laptop as the carbon skin is less slippery than the bare mbp

17. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

Is there a macbook skin thread? I was thinking about a Speck hard case but I don't like how it's possible for dirt to get under it so I like the idea of a skin. What are my options?

Possible link to thread?

18. aman20177 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm still waiting for my iCarbons to arrive. I think that would be your best shot as apparently its a no residue adhesive and its not a wet application product.

19. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

I just found out about Wrapsol going out of business as well. It's too bad as I loved their skins since they were matte and has a nice texture to the touch. I used Zagg and BestSkinsEver before but I don't like their glossy look with "orange peel" effect.

I just looked at 2 alternatives mentioned in this thread (PhantomSkinz and iCarbons) but it looks to me like their "full body coverage" kits do not include the little pieces that stick to the sides of the Macbook Pro (I have a cMBP 15") like the Wrapsol's had. Meaning the left side (ports), right side (optical drive), front and back.

Does anyone know of a Wrapsol alternative that is matte yet also covers the sides? Thank you.

20. LeeM macrumors 6502a

i just got one, not surprised theyve gone under the fit is awful.

21. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

This is old but you mentioned getting the icarbons. Not sure if you still come here but if so, how do you like it?

22. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

FWIW, I got iCarbons for my mid-2012 cMBP, and my wife's early-2008 MBP.

They're ok, and does a nice job of protecting the shell from scratches (which is the main reason I got them). However, the keyboard bezel skin is very challenging to apply properly. I did an almost perfect job on my Wife's laptop, but by the time I got to mine I was getting tired of the whole procedure and admittedly got a bit lazy/careless. Needless to say, that application did not go almost perfectly ... still, it could be worse.

Shipping was very speedy from iCarbons, too. Living in Canada, I was very surprised to see it at my doorstep three days after I ordered it.

23. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

Can you confirm if the iCarbons kit (assuming you got the "full body" kit) does NOT include pieces that cover the sides of the laptops (ports-side, optical drive side, etc.)? Thank you

24. revenent macrumors regular

Was shocked to see Wrapsol go. I usually use their skins only for the bottom portion of all of my laptops....now that Otterbox has taken over, think they no longer do protection wraps for laptops and only for phones and tablets...

25. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

That is correct. It was the full body kit in both cases, and they do not cover the sides.