Wrapsol + Macbook Pro 13" (mid-2010) install pics.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ihonda, Jul 3, 2010.

1. ihonda macrumors 68000

let me start off by saying this was such a pain in the ass! i tried to get it perfect but i got impatient. i love the product and highly recommend it. i wish the cuts were a little bit better but either way the product is great. i had a speck clear case on my macbook and didnt like the added bulk or the stress it put on the screen.

2 pics for now, might post little video review after a couple of days.. (fyi pics and video were shot with iphone 4..love this phone!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

very cool,

i was looking for one of these myself, where did you get yours? how much was it ?

looks good though, you did a good job on the install!

MMM

3. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

i missed up on the bottom a tiny bit but i never seen the bottom so F it..

well if you have a FRYS locally, they are $29.99
    ebay they are about $36 shipped..
    directly from wrapsol they are i think $40 + 20% off with coupon code "chatter"

4. EricVT macrumors member

I had something similar on my previous laptop (a Toshiba) and it worked well enough.

I didn't put anything on my MBP, though. I've had it a couple years and it looks like it has been through hell...I actually kinda like having my laptop look well used and as if it had seen combat :p

5. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

I would get one of these on my MBP but not doing it myself the iPhone ones are hard enough to do without getting any dust etc underneath them.

I know places like Zagg and Clearcoat have carts where you can take your device and get one of their team to install it for you but it seems like it is only in the US and there isn't any in the UK

6. atrac7 macrumors regular

I too will post pics of mine soon. For my palm rest however I cut the piece into 2 halves...i did not like the extra thin sections over and below the trackpad area.

I got mine from Amazon, and was lucky to get mine at 26 bucks when I paid for it. I really do think however that the pricing will increase as Wrapsol itself is gaining traction as being, imo, a far better choice than Zagg. The matte finish is so much easier on the eyes as well as leaving out finger prints. Love the grippy feeling as well.

7. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

you cant even see the wrapsol on the laptop in the sun unless your really looking for it. they are a better company then zagg and bse and all that other crap bc they actually care.

a+ wrapsol

8. newbiemacguy128 macrumors regular

Since Wrapsol has a matte finish its really impossible to see the trapped dust underneath. Pet hairs on the other hand is a different matter. If you have a shedding dog or cat, do it somewhere else.

9. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

Yeah. I have some odd air bubbles on the bottom since I wasn't really paying attention but I don't mind. I absolutely love Wrapsol's quality. I'm definitely getting Wrapsol for my iPhone 4.

10. FangBianMian macrumors member

FangBianMian

It should warm up much more nicely with that stuff on. congrats.

11. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Gross. It's like using a computer condom 24/7/365.

12. eng42ine macrumors 68000

eng42ine

I've had mine for about 4 months and have had no such issues, do some research before you try and downplay anyone's product...

I lol'd

13. FangBianMian macrumors member

FangBianMian

:D:D

14. Keanehb macrumors newbie

I just purchased one and wanted to know if the film covers the trackpad. If so does it affect it in any way?

15. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

nope, using mine just fine. it changes the feel of the trackpad tho.. you may like it you may not. im swapping my trackpad piece out when my moshi trackguard comes in.

and as far as heat issue? you are a idiot sir. not one single part of the wrapsol covers any heat outlet.. get a clue before you bash a product.

16. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

I never used the Wrapsol on the trackpad. I love how the Moshi palmguard/trackpad combo feels.

17. mytoki macrumors member

question on install

when you install the wrapsol on the trackpad... how does the solution not get into the trackpad and possibly cause water damage?? :confused: just really worried about installing mine... there seems to a lot of liquid involved.

18. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

i put liquid on my trackpad it wasnt bad. just gotta be quick about it.

19. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

20. hzamani macrumors member

21. sevimli macrumors 6502a

sevimli

Wrapsol has a terrible terrible customer support.

They are just rude.

But I really like their films, I used Zagg, Best Skin Ever and Wrapsol, and wrapsol is by far the best skin.

22. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

wrapsol has been nothing but amazing to me support wise. no this doesn not come with side pieces, theres really no point in providing them seeing as almost the entire left side is nothing but ports..

23. thaita78 macrumors newbie

Wrapsol makes great films. I've received nothing but great service and support from them. I recently purchased their film from Amazon b/c it was cheaper. I had an issue and they immediately sent out a replacement. Not bad considering I didn't buy it directly from them.

24. newbiemacguy128 macrumors regular

I've been wondering about this for a long time. How many people have actually had their liquid sensor tripped by installing wrapsol/invisible shield? I did a search and i haven't actually seen any "OMG ZAGG/WRAPSOL @$&@* MY MBP" yet. There are a lots of people who post as if every wrapsol install will trip the LSI 100% of the time...