Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Atenza6

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2009
Miami
good product

I have been using the wrapsol skin on my white 3gs for about a week and I think it is a great product. I have tried the best skin ever for my black 3g and it got really dirty and yellow. The big difference between the two skins is that the wrapsol doesnt have the orange peel marshmallow texture like other skins. It feels like a matte or brush metal, kind of like to 1st gen iphone. So you do not get any smudges or fingerprints on it. Also the wrapsol doesnt fold over the edges of the phone so not only is it an easy installation, but you also do not have to worry about the corners lifting. So as of now, I am very happy with this skin and im currently using it with my griffin reveal and my iskin solo (fits perfectly). I ordered the sena ultaslim pouch so that I can use my iphone naked with just the wrapsol skin on it. Ill post pictures later.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I thought about trying it but it doesn't cover the bezel and my BSE doesn't lift. If they make one that actually protects the part of the phone that gets scratched the easiest I may give it a try. I'm also not sure I want that matte feeling all the time.

teneighteen

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2009
I am very happy with this skin and im currently using it with my griffin reveal

That's what I was thinking of trying too, but I haven't gotten the Wrapsol yet. Can you post pictures of what your phone looks like with the Wrapsol on the back, inside the Griffin Reveal case? Do you find there are any problems with the clear back of the Reveal case scratching easily?

Also, did you end up using the screen protector that comes with the Griffin Reveal or something else? Just curious what it's like.

Thanks!

Atenza6

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2009
Miami
That's what I was thinking of trying too, but I haven't gotten the Wrapsol yet. Can you post pictures of what your phone looks like with the Wrapsol on the back, inside the Griffin Reveal case? Do you find there are any problems with the clear back of the Reveal case scratching easily?

Also, did you end up using the screen protector that comes with the Griffin Reveal or something else? Just curious what it's like.

Thanks!

I will post some pics when I have some time. To answer your questions, I dont find any problems with the clear back of the reveal case scratching easily, because really all clear cases will scratch by just staring at it too long. It is not a big deal for me. I am using a switcheasy screen right now. BTW if your interested in the wrapsol skin, im selling a few matte back only skins for the 3gs. PM me if you want to get one.

cymrulp

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2008
Uk
anyone know where to get one in the UK?

Shipping is $31 from wrapsol which is way too expensive

jacobgaul

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2009
id much rather get the 30%-40% off incase i feel this is a flop.. not willing to chance wasting another $20 on some skin, the invisible shield was a MAJOR waste @ $30.00

teneighteen

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2009
BTW if your interested in the wrapsol skin, im selling a few matte back only skins for the 3gs. PM me if you want to get one.

Are you still selling the back skins? I might be interested... but I can't send a PM for some reason?

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I just installed my Wrapsol back and front today, will post high res pics later tonight.

So far, with the exception of a slight short cut on one side, I am VERY pleased with this product. The matte feel of it is sweet.

jacobgaul

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2009
i passed on the wrapsol and went to the power support crystal clear air jacket works a charm.

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
I ended up ordering the wrapsol (direct from their site) & it was delivered today... I plan to apply it late tonight. After mulling over literally dozens of different cases, I'm hoping wrapsol will end up being "enough" for me. I end up wasting money on cases (at least I did that for my 2G iPPhone) that I end up hating/disliking after only a few days of use, so I am maintaining my resolve & not ordering anymore cases. (I cancelled an order for the Griffin Reveal, and I have had the PS Air Jacket for several weeks already)

jacobgaul

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Y don't you like your air jacket?

ikm19

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2007
Texas
Wrapsol its one of the best skin i did try... I had first IS that was sticky and bestskinever were same but wrapsol is different its not sticky at all and even it doesn't attract dust... its a great matte product..

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
This stuff really is nice. I took some pics but was in a rush so most of them sucked. Here are two, I'll try and get better ones tomorrow.

3790983634_0a2ee20900.jpg

3790169529_1e7b02e206.jpg

This skin eliminates finger prints from the back of your phone. Gone. So nice.

I have to say with the exception of not covering the bezel, this is an fantastic product. The matte texture is excellent. The phone is beautiful not covered up by some cheap overpiced piece of plastic. I'm caseless with a pouch these days. I got so sick of covering up this phone.

Oh and btw Wrapsol customer service is excellent so far.

teneighteen

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2009
Wow that looks good! Seems like the matte finish might even help to conceal minor scratches on the iPhone itself. I wonder if it leaves any residue when it gets removed though...

Now I just need to find a way to get a Wrapsol film shipped to Canada without the crazy fees they charge. Hopefully someone on ebay will ship with reasonable prices.

And, I gotta decide whether to keep the Griffin Reveal or not...

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
It leaves no residue and it would certainly hide scratches, though depending on how deep they were.

When I say no finger prints though, I mean none. It's pretty impressive stuff. Unless you are eating chicken wings and pizza you pretty much won't have to wipe the back of your phone again.

Why is it so expensive to ship to Canada?

teneighteen

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2009
I'm not sure why, but Wrapsol.com charges $20.24 to ship to Canada :(

BTW, did you put the front screen protector on as well? I'm thinking the matte finish on the screen might be a bit weird, no?

Chris Welch

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2007
New York
I'm not sure why, but Wrapsol.com charges $20.24 to ship to Canada :(

BTW, did you put the front screen protector on as well? I'm thinking the matte finish on the screen might be a bit weird, no?

The screen doesn't have the matte appearance. It's clear, similar to the screen protectors from InvisibleShield, BSE, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.