Wrapsol Ultra Warning

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by freedevil, Jun 26, 2010.

1. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

I have been reading a lot about this just wanted to make sure you guys read this

Review: http://www.i4u.com/full-review-703.html

Followup: http://www.i4u.com/article33365.html

Apparently it fell and shattered his screen, so the protection is not all cracked up as it claims. This is a 3GS not the glass IPhone 4. Wrapsol claims drop protection for up to a 6 feet fall.

"You are about to purchase Wrapsol ultra - the world's strongest, easiest and fastest-to-apply drop + scratch protection system for the Apple iPhone 4. "

http://www.wrapsol.com/en_US/Home+Page/Products/iphone+_+mobile/apple/iPhone+4.aspx

Attached Files:

2. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'm not surprised.. I did order a wrapsol but it was for scratch protection mainly.

3. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I don't know why someone would think a thin film would save glass from the impact of falling. Scratches, sure—falls? Seriously this is a surprise?

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Agreed. No film can protect from glass breakage.

There's no "warning" here!

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Why would you think a thin, flexible, plastic sheet could cushion a blow? That defies common sense. Maybe if it was teflon or kevlar. A regular case might minimize or prevent damage but you would really have to use something like an OtterBox Defender to maximize protection.

All of these screen protectors are meant for it to protect against scratches from slight bumps, loose change, keys, etc. They don't offer any drop protection.

6. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Agreed, except on the 3G and 3Gs models. Because the body was plastic, I'd dropped mine many times "naked" with only Ghost Armor (Wrapsol is even better) and the plastic never broke. The glass is a different story, especially with the iPhone 4.

7. mac jones macrumors 68040

When they advertise 'sceen protection', they mean scratches.

8. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

To be fair to the OP, the Wrapsol site does state: So strong - it helps protect even from drop damage! Kinda misleading, IMO.

9. Blues003 macrumors 6502

The Thread Starter is absolutely right on this. The Wrapsol brand advertises that this piece of film offers DROP protection. They even have a film to try to prove it (though I fail to see how it does).

10. keeganxt macrumors regular

They should remove that claim, but still, common sense would dictate the films purpose.

11. vabigpoppa macrumors member

this has nothing to do with common sense. this has to do with a company making a claim, and the OP giving people a heads up that the claim obviously doesnt hold up.

12. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Guys. It does offer drop protection. My 3G lasted tons of falls on an inferior product. The difference here is it's a glass phone! It can't prevent much drop damage for glass. Otherwise, their claim is correct.

13. freedevil thread starter macrumors 6502a

freedevil

The phone broken looks like the 3gs not the glass iphone 4 and they advertise up to a 6 feet fall. My point is people especially chose this thicker brand for the added drop protection when in fact it's misleading. You may as well go for some other brand with a thinner and invisible front screen like PS for scratch proof support.

14. keeganxt macrumors regular

15. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Wrapsol isn't better just because it's material is supposedly thicker. It's a better product. The material is more see-thru than Zagg IS and Ghost Armor, it's tougher, and you get higher quality products with yout purchase. Compare what you get when you purchase Wrapsol and what you get when you purchase Invisible Shield.

Compare for yourself. Wrapsol vs. Invisible Shield
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzyWo8uVCF0

The video above also shows what you get in the Wrapsol package. Compare that to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWlZ5o3aUrU

And the package I received (for Invisible Shield) was simply all of those contents in a cardboard envelope.

Decide for yourself guys, but I've made my mind after reading and watching tons of reviews: Wrapsol is simply better. They're "green" to, if that matters to anyone.

16. freedevil thread starter macrumors 6502a

freedevil

I am not comparing Wrapsol with Zagg

Bodyguardz is better in my opinion and thinner.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/nlu-products-bodyguardz-for-iphone-3g/

Fullbodyfilms very unknown but good

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/fullbodyfilms-protection-pack-for-iphone/

Wrapsol is banned from Ilounge for leaving fake company comments on their products. Nothing against Wrapsol but they have nothing extra to offer for the thickness. This thread was simply started to let people know the drop protection it claims is overrated and nothing more.

17. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

18. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I emailed FBF on June 10 ... still no reply, fwiw.

19. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

That's where I'll disagree with you. I think bodyguardz is at the bottom of the pack for protection. It offers nothing more than minor scuff and scratch protection. I still whole-heartedly believe in Wrapsol and have seen what damage it prevented on my prior phone. That's a bummer about iLounge, I hadn't heard that before. All I know is they've treated me well and offer a great product.

For the iPhone 4, probably. For other phones, probably not.

20. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

I'm curious why you think bodyguardz is at the bottom of the pack. I've had it on my ipod touch for 2 years now, it still looks like day 1, and compared to zagg I think it's far superior. Same thickness, same exact protection, but not the hideous orange peel look. Why the bodyguardz hate?

21. theturtle macrumors 6502a

hey, don't take this the wrong way. its a serious question but, do you work for wrapsol...? all the posts i see from you always involve you raving about wrapsol and how its better then the competition. just wondering if you get paid by them or something.

22. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

^ ha.. I was almost going to ask that too. Especially after the bodyguardz diss.. made me wonder!

23. Psant macrumors regular

Wrapsol has the best customer service in my opinion, offers the thickest and clearest screen protector that my eye can see, and ships from an hour away from my house; that's why I continue to choose Wrapsol. The dry install of the Ultra was the best.

24. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I'm not hating on it, but in terms of protection, from my own use, Invisible Shield lasted much longer and took more of a beating. Bodyguardz peeled up pretty quick. If it works for you, that's absolutely great. Maybe they've changed their product since I last used it or maybe I had a crappy cut or something, I dunno.

I don't mind at all. Kinda funny, really. No, I do not. The only reason I rave is because I'm a sold customer. It works better than every other film I have tried (a lot) and consistently gets the best reviews.

I really feel like people should search for themselves to find the best product. I truly do. If bodyguardz works for somebody, then that's awesome. I see a new thread every day on screen protectors, so I just put my own two cents in about what I feel is the best.

25. freedevil thread starter macrumors 6502a

freedevil

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Well lorenwade. I do agree with the other posters that you don't see how their claim is incorrect and defend it like they pay you or you're just a wrapsol fanboi. .