wrong address

Discussion in 'iPad' started by johnrazor, May 11, 2012.

1. johnrazor macrumors newbie

So, the ipad i ordered for my daughter in another state ws shipped to the wrong address. Of coarse no one returned it. If the person who has it turns it on, can it be tracked?

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

nope :(

did apple say they will replace it since their carrier delivered it wrong? did you do a presign?

3. johnrazor thread starter macrumors newbie

wrong address

Not yet still working on it with them. Just thought maybe when the person turned on the wi-fi and got online they mite be able to track the thing. im sure they will replace it but what a bummer!

4. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

damn yeah major bummer! only way you could track it is if you have already owned it and set up "find my ipad/iphone"

5. johnrazor thread starter macrumors newbie

wrong address

Well someone has a new ipad then! what an A-whole well thanks for the help. i`m sure some day karma will get him!

6. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

Wow! How did that happen? Did the UPS or FedEx people mess up or was there an error in the address? This must be a worst-case scenario - how terribly disappointing. Can you get a replacement at a local Apple store so you don't have to wait again?

Also, if the errant iPad was shipped to the wrong address, the carrier should have a record of where it went and a copy of the signature on file. I had to sign for my MBP. You should have received an email with a shipping number on it, as well, or some sort of confirmation of sale.

7. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

Yeah surely the courier knows where they left it :p and it must have been signed for.

8. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

well the driver prolly thought he delivered it to the correct address on the delivery so i dont think he would wrote down the wrong address? he should have a signature unless the buyer did a presign

bet he gets fired ;)

9. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

If you're going to call the guy an ******, either spell it right, or explain to us that he's a whole what, exactly?

And the comment is unfair. I doubt he intentionally delivered it to the wrong address. He might be a dumbass if the mistake was his, but only someone who did it on purpose would qualify as a "******".

10. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Pretty sure he was referring to the guy who got and kept the iPad. Not the delivery driver.

11. ZipZap macrumors 603

I always thought one is entitiled to keep what is delivered to your address.

12. taipan61 macrumors 6502

boy quick to jump to conclusions here
    you don't know the whole story, i've had things delivered to the house i didn't sign for, called the delivery company and had them returned all without the buyer knowing what went on
    i doubt the delivery driver will get canned (unless he slam dunked it over a fence and was caught on tape...lol) these kinds of things happen more frequently than most people know

13. rkahl macrumors 65816

No

14. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Isn't it a federal offense to open mail that isn't yours ?

15. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

UPS isn't mail.;)

16. rkahl, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 15, 2012

rkahl macrumors 65816

It doesn't matter. If you receive a package that is not yours and you know it's not yours = Theft.

17. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I believe it is against the law to open someone else's mail due to what's inside the mail itself. Personally identifiable information can be stolen, thus the law against it. I don't think it matters if its UPS instead of USPS, being that UPS is a legal courier, its not the courier, its the mail itself.

18. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

I din't say this so please don't put words in my mouth (post). I said that the "don't open some else's mail" law doesn't apply to UPS. It is a specific law that applies only the the US (government) Postal System. UPS is not a government agency and is not covered by specific inter governmental laws like the USPS is.

19. StumpyBloke macrumors 6502

StumpyBloke

Wow!!!! Just wow!!!

20. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

Oh yeah the famous air tight 'finders-keeper/losers-weeper' legal theory.

21. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted

Hard to prove you received someone else's delivery unless you signed for it. If UPS left it on the porch there is no actually proof that it was received by the wrong person.

And yes UPS is not considered mail thus those laws pertaining to USPS don't apply.

22. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

So you think the guy did deliver it to the wrong address on purpose? I presume that the address on the package must have been wrong after all, unless the driver was pretty much blind or illiterate.

23. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

What? What an odd story. How do you type in an address for a wrong state and not notice.... If it was typed right and they delivered it the the wrong address you should have no problem getting a replacement.

24. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

I guess you missed the part where the OP says he ordered the device for his daughter ... who lives in another state. That's alright, I had to re-read the original post too.

It's all good.

25. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

Ohhhhh okay I see that now. So I'm wondering if it was his fault by entering the wrong address. Or their fault by simply delivering to wrong.

Either way that sucks