Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bravia3d

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2013
I was all excited waiting for the new iPads, new full screen and more power.. I just could not wait like most here on the forum.

Then Apple goes and has their event, was 11pm here in Japan. Right after, they release the iPads for preorder. Now that’s alright for the USA and countries that were freaking awake. But some people have work, have to sleep and wake early for work the next day.

Why the hell does Apple allow them to do this in Japan and other countries as NORMAL people sleep? Why don’t they allow preorders later when people ****ing wake up, can find out all information about the release, make a choice on what model they want and then order. Why not do this on weekends when people have time? A weekend would have been way better for this.

Seriously, it’s like I wake up... Find out all the information and watch videos, decide what model I’d like, go to freaking order and now I have to wait over a month because they started preorders last night.... Are you damn kidding me?! Screw you Apple!
Make enough damn product already..

Who the hell wants to wait over a month?

Then, on the 7th you can walk in and just buy one. Again are you kidding me? It’s a damn weekday where people ****ing work! So, I have to wait a month while people off work or with no work can walk in and buy one.

Honestly, **** Apple for this BS

And screw them for the massive price increase!

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
There's a population for people who are desperate to be the absolute first one to get a new device and people who are so busy they're worried about getting to work the next day and I think the overlap between them is zero.

I don't know about you, but the last iPhone I bought was during my lunch break and the last iPad I bought was at 9+ P.M. on a weekday.

Reactions: gorkt

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Sounds like the OP is tire? lol I think this is a rare time that Apple doing a keynote in NYC. Normally I have to wait to watch after work or late at night. You can preorder yes and it get there in a week which is next month....whats the big deal?

The new iPad are suppose to be faster, very close to a MacBook. Pay for what you get.

#vote

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
Uh ok... I guess the 2 week notice of when the conference was going to be held wasn’t enough. Also most people work on Fridays and having a midnight preorder as usual to wake up in the US and find they’re all sold out for a month isn’t so nice for the US customers.

Can’t win them all. This really isn’t any different than any product launch they’ve done. They sellout for the first month, doesn’t matter how many they make. They’ll still sellout and then all year long they’ll be readily available in store as sells drop significantly after the first two weeks of orders. Same ole, same ole.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Um, I was happy I didn't have to get up at 3:00AM and pre-order.
I actually ordered on my lunch today.

So you're mad because you can usually order at 4:00 pm on pre-order day, or pick up your device on a Saturday launch day (Japan), if you missed pre-orders?

Not. Sure. If. Serious.

Bravia3d

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2013
You bet I am serious, it’s total bull **** to release a product for preorder late at night while people sleep with out any confirmation!

I been waiting and waiting for these to come out only to wake up and preorders freaking started and I have to wait months just to get one now? What kind of **** is that? They could have started preorders in countries where it was night later during the day so people freaking know and have a chance.

I won’t get it next month, they been bumped up to 10 to 12 weeks wait which is damn bull ****.

Apple didn’t make enough or something? I am sick of them raising prices, releases items with NOT enough stock.

Last edited by a moderator:

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007
You bet I am serious, it’s total bull **** to release a product for preorder late at night while people sleep with out any confirmation!

I been waiting and waiting for these to come out only to wake up and preorders freaking started and I have to wait months just to get one now? What kind of **** is that? They could have started preorders in countries where it was night later during the day so people freaking know and have a chance.

I won’t get it next month, they been bumped up to 10 to 12 weeks wait which is damn bull ****.

Apple didn’t make enough or something? I am sick of them raising prices, releases items with NOT enough stock.
I will sell you mine for 300,000 yen ;)

Reactions: RevTEG

Dovahkiing

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2013

You're aware it's always 3AM somewhere, right? What do you expect them to do, :D

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I was all excited waiting for the new iPads, new full screen and more power.. I just could not wait like most here on the forum.

Then Apple goes and has their event, was 11pm here in Japan. Right after, they release the iPads for preorder. Now that’s alright for the USA and countries that were freaking awake. But some people have work, have to sleep and wake early for work the next day.

Why the hell does Apple allow them to do this in Japan and other countries as NORMAL people sleep? Why don’t they allow preorders later when people ****ing wake up, can find out all information about the release, make a choice on what model they want and then order. Why not do this on weekends when people have time? A weekend would have been way better for this.

Seriously, it’s like I wake up... Find out all the information and watch videos, decide what model I’d like, go to freaking order and now I have to wait over a month because they started preorders last night.... Are you damn kidding me?! Screw you Apple!

Then, on the 7th you can walk in and just buy one. Again are you kidding me? It’s a damn weekday where people ****ing work! So, I have to wait a month while people off work or with no work can walk in and buy one.

A weekend? So how would that work worldwide? Saturday in the States is Sunday in the Philippines. Different in Europe. No matter when Apple host an event, people are sleeping or working somewhere in the world. Can't have everybody awake and off at the same time everywhere. You'll have to blame the solar system for that, not Apple. But I feel you.

Bravia3d

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2013
I will sell you mine for 300,000 yen ;)
Yeah, nice try

Would be nice if Apple could get their **** together and have enough to supply to get products out on damn dates they announce. Instead of making people wait months while we have to sit and watch countless morons on YouTube review it all excited they got theirs.
[doublepost=1540951033][/doublepost]
A weekend? So how would that work worldwide? Saturday in the States is Sunday in the Philippines. Different in Europe. No matter when Apple host an event, people are sleeping or working somewhere in the world. Can't have everybody awake and off at the same time everywhere. You'll have to blame the solar system for that, not Apple. But I feel you.
As I said, release it on different days to make it work in other countries. That simple

Reactions: RevTEG

Bravia3d

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2013
Apple was founded in and is headquartered in the USA.
Everyone knows that, yet they have stores and sell worldwide.

Therefore, would make sense to release products during the day in countries and announce they are taking preorders.
Instead of doing it late at night and not saying a word so people are aware.

Honestly, how would you feel waiting months for a product, it’s announced and then they take orders while your sleeping like a damn normal person and wake up to find preorders started at night and you now have to wait months. It’s total BS

macdaddy1991

macrumors regular
May 13, 2010
you realize that no matter when preorders when live. people somewhere would be sleeping. the bulk of apple's market is in NA so it makes sense to cater to that time-zone. either work around it and dont complain or deal with living on the complete other side of the world when a US company releases a product.

Bravia3d

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2013
you realize that no matter when preorders when live. people somewhere would be sleeping. the bulk of apple's market is in NA so it makes sense to cater to that time-zone. either work around it and dont complain or deal with living on the complete other side of the world when a US company releases a product.
I’d rather bitch and complain. That’s the freedom of being American, we have that God give right

jeremysteele

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2011
Everyone knows that, yet they have stores and sell worldwide.

Therefore, would make sense to release products during the day in countries and announce they are taking preorders.
Instead of doing it late at night and not saying a word so people are aware.

Honestly, how would you feel waiting months for a product, it’s announced and then they take orders while your sleeping like a damn normal person and wake up to find preorders started at night and you now have to wait months. It’s total BS

Just... order it the next day and wait till the preorders catch up. They are getting quicker about it.

Plus it's a computer, not the last loaf of bread on the planet. Priorities.... priorities.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010

Wow. This is quite possibly the whiniest most entitled post I’ve ever read on these forums, and that is saying a lot!

As far as preorder time goes, usually it’s at midnight pst, which is 3am for major cities on the east coast including New York and Toronto. Somehow, people deal with it.

Reactions: Peter K.

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
I'm in Canada and just checked Apple store on web and many 11-inch and 12.9 inch combinations are shipping 7-10 days. Japan is sold out?

Bravia3d

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2013
You certainly are exercising your "God give right".
Indeed, that’s human right
[doublepost=1540962981][/doublepost]
I'm in Canada and just checked Apple store on web and many 11-inch and 12.9 inch combinations are shipping 7-10 days. Japan is sold out?
Japan is 7-10 weeks wait on most and 10-13 weeks on a few

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.