Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sumter

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2014
I am a dual-citizen so I keep tabs on my non-US side's community reactions (same time zone as Japan), and everyone is happy and more than willing to either stay up all night or wake up early JUST to watch the keynotes. They also wait until the newest ios betas drop which is usually past midnight in that time zone and they announce it for everyone so we can all get the betas. Some even fly over to Japan or HK because we're never the first launch country, just to get their hands on the newest Apple devices on launch day. I don't see people complaining.

Also, for the US, I live on the east coast so the usual preorder time for iPhones has always been 3 AM. I stay up just to order that on time so I don't get it late. I'm not complaining either. You are given weeks' notice of the keynote.

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
Nearly every launch, I have to wake up at 3am if I want a product on launch day. Why didn't you plan ahead? It takes about 10 minutes to order, then you go right back to sleep. I can only think of one or maybe two other launches where the preorders started right after the keynote.

Welcome to my world.

jeremysteele

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2011
I can only think of one or maybe two other launches where the preorders started right after the keynote.

IIRC it happened more often in the "old days" (1998-2006ish). I would agree, in recent memory it seems like the majority of launches are a few days/weeks after the keynote.

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
Yes I think iphone pre-orders were mid day in Japan. Seems like they're trying to balance ordering open times a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.