Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I'm just not going to vote for either of them. I will however switch my vote to Tomorrow.
Any particular reason for that vote switch? After all it doesn't help you anymore than keeping your vote the same as it was to begin with as both twietee and Tomorrow had one vote to the three for you.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Any particular reason for that vote switch? After all it doesn't help you anymore than keeping your vote the same as it was to begin with as both twietee and Tomorrow had one vote to the three for you.

Agreed. You mean that @twietee had one vote, and now, @Tomorrow has gathered one, thanks to the inexplicable change of vote by @Plutonius.

Actually, it strikes me as being a sort of classic passive aggressive move and is one
, moreover, which proves little, and achieves next to nothing.

Moreover, what I want - and need - to hear from @Plutonius at the moment is a firm declaration that he is not of the wolfish persuasion.

Yes, lying is a part of this game, but so is defending yourself when put under pressure. We are all of us 'experienced WW hunters'. However, I am curious to know who is what in the here and now.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
yes that is what I meant, I think I may have worded my post poorly.

Well, yes, to be honest, I wasn't quite sure what you meant, so I sought clarification.

However, I would remind @Plutonius that since I switched my vote he is now in the lead with three votes. I await the presentation of his case - or, even some sort of argument that transcends suicide - with interest.

Elsewhere, the silence thickens with that ominous foggy sound of passionate non-participation after the usual flurry of posts with bolded names.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Moreover, what I want - and need - to hear from @Plutonius at the moment is a firm declaration that he is not of the wolfish persuasion.

I am not a WW in this game (Sythas game) but as stated, I will not reveal what role, if any, I have in the village.

I switched to Tomorrow since it looked like he went out of his way to pile on and he was a late vote (post 55). There is nothing to go on other than a feeling.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Well, this escalated quickly!

Pluto, I understand the sentiment and it's a valid reason as any for a 1st day vote, but why not at least try to help yourself stay in the game? Especially if you're a good guy!

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Elsewhere, the silence thickens with that ominous foggy sound of passionate non-participation after the usual flurry of posts with bolded names.
I think that is pretty normal for the first day, after all we don't have anything to go on. Plutonius is the only one that has given us much to go off of, but even that isn't a lot. He voted first which could be seen as a wolfish thing to do, at the same time I'm not totally convinced of that. Since he isn't defending himself it makes me wonder if he might be either the hunter or seer, if that was the case he couldn't reveal himself since the wolves would kill him the first night if he did, and if he claimed he was just a villager we might lend his posts less weight if he later points his finger at someone who he knows is a wolf.

Of course he also could be a wolf and Tomorrow could be the other one. In that case what better cover is there for the wolves than to have the first wolf to get caught inexplicably change his vote to someone else. Although as I am thinking about it a bit more if he is the wolf Twietee could be the other one and the inexplicable vote change is to make it look like he was trying to protect Tomorrow by having a wolf vote for him in the hopes that we would see that and all vote for Tomorrow tomorrow.

So at this point I'm contemplating changing my vote away from Plutonius on the off chance that he might be one of the good guys, anyone have any good reasons not to?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I am not a WW in this game (Sythas game) but as stated, I will not reveal what role, if any, I have in the village.

I switched to Tomorrow since it looked like he went out of his way to pile on and he was a late vote (post 55). There is nothing to go on other than a feeling.

What I had to squeeze (with pliers and a vote masquerading as a bludgeon) was an admission from you that you are not a WW.

For now, I am not interested in what role - if any - you have in the village. For the immediate future, I am interested in whether you are a WW, as you are in danger of being voted off.

Very well. Let us see what appleguy123 has to say for himself, although I regret heaving the spotlight over to focus in him as we haven't seen him in those venues for so very long.

If others think that Tomorrow merits further investigation, I am happy to switch. But not now - as it would require at least two of our number to switch.

Well, this escalated quickly!

Pluto, I understand the sentiment and it's a valid reason as any for a 1st day vote, but why not at least try to help yourself stay in the game? Especially if you're a good guy!

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I think that is pretty normal for the first day, after all we don't have anything to go on. Plutonius is the only one that has given us much to go off of, but even that isn't a lot. He voted first which could be seen as a wolfish thing to do, at the same time I'm not totally convinced of that. Since he isn't defending himself it makes me wonder if he might be either the hunter or seer, if that was the case he couldn't reveal himself since the wolves would kill him the first night if he did, and if he claimed he was just a villager we might lend his posts less weight if he later points his finger at someone who he knows is a wolf.

Of course he also could be a wolf and Tomorrow could be the other one. In that case what better cover is there for the wolves than to have the first wolf to get caught inexplicably change his vote to someone else. Although as I am thinking about it a bit more if he is the wolf Twietee could be the other one and the inexplicable vote change is to make it look like he was trying to protect Tomorrow by having a wolf vote for him in the hopes that we would see that and all vote for Tomorrow tomorrow.

So at this point I'm contemplating changing my vote away from Plutonius on the off chance that he might be one of the good guys, anyone have any good reasons not to?

Well, @Plutonius has stated that he is not a WW.

That is more than anyone else under the microscope has done, hence I have already switched my vote, which gives @appleguy123 three votes.

Feel free to change; at this stage, I wish to stir responses and see what people have to say for themselves.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Well, @Plutonius has stated that he is not a WW.

That is more than anyone else under the microscope has done, hence I have already switched my vote, which gives @appleguy123 three votes.

Feel free to change; at this stage, I wish to stir responses and see what people have to say for themselves.
I don't feel like giving someone 4 votes by changing to @appleguy123 but I do question my vote for @Plutonius right now I'll wait and see what @appleguy123 says to you and possibly change my vote based on that. Hopefully he gets here soon as we don't have much time left.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I don't feel like giving someone 4 votes by changing to @appleguy123 but I do question my vote for @Plutonius right now I'll wait and see what @appleguy123 says to you and possibly change my vote based on that. Hopefully he gets here soon as we don't have much time left.

Agreed. Mind you, if you thought @Tomorrow merited investigation, I'd contemplate switching.

And - while others may not wish to change votes, I confess that I do find the echoing sound of others' silence quite interesting.

Last edited:

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Hey I'm here nobody think I'm like all harry or something.

I will not be changing my vote, just for your fyi.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Ugh. I'm not a wolf.

But it's the first day. How do you defend yourself on the first day if you don't have a special role?

If you lynch me it won't be good for anyone but the wolves.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Agreed. Mind you, if you thought @Tomorrow merited investigation, I'd contemplate switching.

And - while others may not wish to change votes, I confess that I do find the echoing from others silence quite interesting.
After thinking about it I would like to hear what Tomorrow has to say for himself. Especially now that I saw @appleguy123 has posted while I'm writing this.

I am however worried that if @Scepticalscribe follows me and we are wrong about @Tomorrow I might also fall under suspicion in the morning.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
After thinking about it I would like to hear what Tomorrow has to say for himself. Especially now that I saw @appleguy123 has posted while I'm writing this.

I am however worried that if @Scepticalscribe follows me and we are wrong about @Tomorrow I might also fall under suspicion in the morning.

So be it.

This will be a short game, and, for now, I am more inclined to be a little lenient on those who are posting, and attempting, howsoever feebly, to defend themselves, than on those who lurk and coast.

Right, Tomorrow, it is. Let us see if we can shake someone out of the trees (or from the bottom of the gumbo; someday, in my dreams, - or even better still, in reality - I shall get to taste a real, New Orleans gumbo…)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Well we have just a minute or two left, it doesn't look like @Tomorrow is going to come to defend himself.

I'll be honest.

I get a little tired, sometimes, of these games where people sign up, and don't bother to participate except on the most cursory level.

To be honest, at least, if you offer a defence of yourself, I have a little more time for you - even if you are lying through your teeth.

Sleep walking your way to suicide strikes me as…..well, complacent, or indifferent. Why sign up then?

Reactions: 0007776 and Sythas

Sythas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Québec, Canada
Final Tally

3 - Tomorrow : Plutonius (74), mrkramer (89), scepticalscribe (90)
2 - Melrose : Appleguy123 (48), Ravenvii (50)
2 - Appleguy123 : Moyank24 (47), Melrose (56), scepticalscribe (83)
1 - Plutonius : mrkramer (45), Tomorrow (55), scepticalscribe (72)
1 - Moyank24 : Rack Snagwell (51)
1 - Rick Snagwell : Twietee (52)
0 - Twietee : Plutonius (44)
0 - Ravenvii : Scepticalscribe (53)

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I'll be honest.

I get a little tired, sometimes, of these games where people sign up, and don't bother to participate except on the most cursory level.

To be honest, at least, if you offer a defence of yourself, I have a little more time for you - even if you are lying through your teeth.

Sleep walking your way to suicide strikes me as…..well, complacent, or indifferent. Why sign up then?

Look at the bright side. At least everyone voted :p.

People are afraid to draw attention to themselves since the more you post, the more likely it is that you get killed. Unfortunately, it gives more cover for the WWs. I used to vote for the people who were the least active and it actually caught some WWs :D.

Sythas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Québec, Canada
Tomorrow was a villager!

Ok, night actions, send me a convo with your scan, kill and protection!

you have until tomorrow 7pm est, but please do it earlier so we can resume the game ;)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Sorry about that @Tomorrow.

Candidly, I'll be irked if one of those who escaped the noose tonight turns out to have been a furry, but that is a risk that must be taken. At least, they bestirred themselves sufficiently to post a cursory defence. Silence - predictable silence - from many of the others offered a vast echoing sound of next to nothing.

Well, let us see what the morning brings.

I agree with @Plutonius us that the silent ones merit further scrutiny. And yes, at least everyone voted. Though, if someone didn't, they deserve to be sent off to some sort of fate whereby they are permanently 'missing in the woods'.

Last edited:

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Sorry about that @Tomorrow.

Candidly, I'll be irked if one of those who escaped the noose tonight turns out to have been a furry, but that is a risk that must be taken. At least, they bestirred themselves sufficiently to post a cursory defence. Silence - predictable silence - from many of the others offered a vast echoing sound of next to nothing.

Well, let us see what the morning brings.

I agree with @Plutonius us that the silent ones merit further scrutiny. And yes, at least everyone voted. Though, of someone didn't, they deserve to be sent off to some sort of fate whereby they are permanently 'missing in the woods'.
I also would be annoyed to find out that one of the ones that escaped was a wolf. I am somewhat thinking that one of them may have been though. We will have to see what happens in the morning though. I do have my suspicions and we will see if the events of the night confirm them or make me start to think that I have no idea of who the wolves are.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
"...and the morning shall grant each villager new hope, as sleep brings dreams of werewolves."

Unfortunately, unless the Hunter has struck lucky, and protected someone due to be killed, I rather suspect that the morning shall grant us the unwelcome sight of a freshly slaughtered corpse. One of our own.

However, it may also yield fresh information.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.