Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
I have a full time research job and go to school for 18 credit hours so I've been super busy. But I'm mentally great because not having free time is good for me. :)

Was hoping it would be this week where I don't have classes, but I'll try to make it work next week too.
we can just vote ya off first night, welcome back!

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
First night, rick snagWWell? Bit rusty or what? :)

Sythas - maybe put a "ONE LAST SPOT" or something similar into the headline?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
First night, rick snagWWell? Bit rusty or what? :)

Sythas - maybe put a "ONE LAST SPOT" or something similar into the headline?

To be honest, I doubt we will see much further interest until the delights (and possible hangovers) of Thanksgiving have worn off. Maybe by Saturday and/or Sunday, people may begin to bestir themselves.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
class game_status {
public $feels;
public function __construct ( $feels = false ) {

return $this->feels = $feels;
}
}
$feeling = new game_status();
$feeling->feels = 'boring';
echo $feeling;

Last edited:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
To be honest, I doubt we will see much further interest until the delights (and possible hangovers) of Thanksgiving have worn off. Maybe by Saturday and/or Sunday, people may begin to bestir themselves.

That may be true. Thanksgiving is a tradition which I'm almost completely unaware of.

All I know about it is what I saw in Hannah and Her Sisters and Twin Peaks - lots of drama and conflict with everybody pretending to be innocent and one big happy family? Sounds almost like a WW game.. ;)

..especially since somthing gets sliced up and feasted on. :eek:

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
That may be true. Thanksgiving is a tradition which I'm almost completely unaware of.

All I know about it is what I saw in Hannah and Her Sisters and Twin Peaks - lots of drama and conflict with everybody pretending to be innocent and one big happy family? Sounds almost like a WW game.. ;)

..especially since somthing gets sliced up and feasted on. :eek:

Well, as a European who has never once set foot on US soil, I have to say that to me, too, Thanksgiving is a tradition with which I am not all that familiar.

Indeed, it is only membership of these fora which have made me realise just how important this tradition is to Our Cousins Across the Pond.

Reactions: JamesMike

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
Well, as a European who has never once set foot on US soil, I have to say that to me, too, Thanksgiving is a tradition with which I am not all that familiar.

Indeed, it is only membership of these fora which have made me realise just how important this tradition is to Our Cousins Across the Pond.

Yes, it a great tradition here, but I must say one of the best Thanksgivings I had was in Somalia, while working with the United Nations. We treated our fellow UN civilians from 70 countries to a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. It was a large undertaking, but well worth it, many people had not seen a turkey, let alone tasting one. This was back in 1994 and I still have people emailing me on Thanksgiving from many countries, wishing me a happy Thanksgiving.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Sythas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Québec, Canada
Yes, it a great tradition here, but I must say one of the best Thanksgivings I had was in Somalia, while working with the United Nations. We treated our fellow UN civilians from 70 countries to a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. It was a large undertaking, but well worth it, many people had not seen a turkey, let alone tasting one. This was back in 1994 and I still have people emailing me on Thanksgiving from many countries, wishing me a happy Thanksgiving.

Hey JamesMike, you look like a good fellow for this game ! wanna join ?

Reactions: JamesMike

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007

Thanksgiving, as with every other holiday, has become hideously commercialized. It is a shell of it's origins, the emotional attachments simply being more or less puppets of Big Business.

....actually, I'm just a little POd that "Black Friday" is getting dumbed down; I've seen several stores this year not do Black Friday proper, instead over promoting "Black Friday Week" where instead of 50% off on Friday you have 15% off all week. Wow.

Reactions: Plutonius

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
....actually, I'm just a little POd that "Black Friday" is getting dumbed down; I've seen several stores this year not do Black Friday proper, instead over promoting "Black Friday Week" where instead of 50% off on Friday you have 15% off all week. Wow.

I have to agree.

And what's up with Amazon lately. Everything I was looking for with the exception of one item was cheaper elsewhere :(.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I have to agree.

And what's up with Amazon lately. Everything I was looking for with the exception of one item was cheaper elsewhere :(.
Amazon's deals weren't that great this year, they were hard to find/not promoted well enough (not like I had anything I was actively looking for, but hey), and MOST of their homepage real estate for Friday deals were taken up with that stupid. god. damn. Amazon Echo/Kindle banner. Like, I've never looked at those monstrosities ONCE my whole time buying on Amazon but nooooooo I have to have them shoved in my face every single time...

Last year I bought a couple things on Amazon... this year I didn't see one thing I wanted bad enough to be inconvenienced enough to even click on it.

And now a lot of stores are whining how Black Friday revenue is down from last year. Yeah, no sh*t, sherlock.

...now if the Porsche dealership had run some sweet 20% off deals I'd have been all over that like a cheap suit. :D

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Amazon's deals weren't that great this year, they were hard to find/not promoted well enough (not like I had anything I was actively looking for, but hey), and MOST of their homepage real estate for Friday deals were taken up with that stupid. god. damn. Amazon Echo/Kindle banner. Like, I've never looked at those monstrosities ONCE my whole time buying on Amazon but nooooooo I have to have them shoved in my face every single time...

Last year I bought a couple things on Amazon... this year I didn't see one thing I wanted bad enough to be inconvenienced enough to even click on it.

And now a lot of stores are whining how Black Friday revenue is down from last year. Yeah, no sh*t, sherlock.

...now if the Porsche dealership had run some sweet 20% off deals I'd have been all over that like a cheap suit. :D

I'm looking to buy a "My Passport" 3TB drive and it was going for $109 at both Amazon and Best Buy last week. I waited till black Friday and the price went up at Amazon so I decided to wait till cyber Monday. This morning it was still the higher price at Amazon but this afternoon it was advertised for $99 . I immediately tried to add it to my cart but I couldn't and when I refreshed the page, it showed even higher price :(.

Amazon must be sure people will continue to shop there even with the higher prices since people enrolled in Prime will only shop online there.

Sythas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Québec, Canada
Start of day 1 !!!!

Deadline is tomorrow 7PM east coast (New York) Midnight for GMT so a bit less than 24 hours.

Everyone should have received a conversation with the role they have

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.