[WW] Game Queue

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ravenvii, Nov 12, 2010.

1. ravenvii, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011

ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Basically I created this thread because all along it was only me and chrmjenkins running games. I've seen several posts by players who wants to give it a shot running a game.

I think the maximum this forum could "swallow" is two games, so I've set up a queue here. You guys who wants to run a game can sign up here.

GAME QUEUE:

1. jav6454

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'd take a try at a Simple game. The regular/advanced game is a bit too much for me. However, I do like chrmjenkins' narratives and sadly I will not be able to make mine as nice as his (if I make them at all).

3. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

No problem - my narratives pale in comparison as well, so I had to hide in the complex tower :D

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I would like to give it a try with the Complex one. Ater all, I've always wanted to know what it feels like being above in the clouds seeing all the background and foreground action.

5. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Can you keep yourself from posting when inappropriate? :p

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Yes... :p My fun is in watching people tear themself apart trying to find out who is who. Thats sorta like a nice fun I have when I'm a wolf, but I know it gets better when you know everything around.

Seriously, I am serious when need be. Besides, if I screw up a game, it's like I will be auto-hated by people and won't be allowed even to play. So, thats more of a reason (besides spoiling my fun) not to do stupid stuff.

7. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I'd trust you to run one. You seem to have one of the better grasps of the game.

8. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I'd like to try, but have you check with chris to see if he's okay with giving up his exclusive simple games?

9. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

Agreed.

10. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yep, he says he's cool with it.

11. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Oh good. Not only do we have werewolvs to worry about but now we have crocobirdisaurs to contend with. :p

12. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

13. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

Humid. Annoyingly bone-soaking humid. and forget about using any electronics.

you's do a good game-master. you also get to really see different people' s strategies. i bet ravenvii and chris can read most of the experienced very well.

14. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Is Ravenvii actually going to play in a game? That would be awesome, to see what he's learned from all of this.

15. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Have the overlord become a player? I think I've read that somewhere before. Anyways, it sounds like it'd be neat to observe.

16. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

He'll learn that iBlue's cookies taste amazing... first. ;)

17. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

chrmjenkins' game is over, and my game's signups are closed, so Intell - you're up. Open a new thread and get signups. It's your game - rules are whatever you want. Can be simple as Seer + 2 wolves + 10 players.

18. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

The PMs don't really help as far as learning strategy. It's merely seeing the choices and how they post in real time. Anyone can look back at the choices and posts in retrospect, but it's pretty tiring to do so (and it's just a game, after all).

19. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

yes, that's what i meant: you know what people are and can see how/what they post under various 'duress' conditions, so you would learn how to 'read' their game behaviour, to some extent, and what works best.

20. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

But anyone else is free to do so in retrospect. So, there's not necessarily an advantage no one else has, it's just that it's easier for us to do so given our position.

21. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

of course, i am not implying in any way that you get an unfair advantage, just that it is something that comes together with the experience of running the game.

and going back to read hundreds of posts after the game is over, double check with who knew what at that time and what was made public? :D no thanks

22. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Moving forward, I'll let popular opinion determine whether I run further simple games. My type of narration takes time to write (although most of it is invented on the spot) and my schedule doesn't always allow for timely updates. My insistence on long posts also precludes me from doing updates from my iPhone. While there is some fun in reading narrations for the players, I think the core thing that makes these games interesting is that they're fun to play, and anyone can run one to meet that end.

23. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I think that we should allow other's to try as sort of a test phase, then see whose games we like better, and decide wafter that. Your narration is quite amazing though, and maybe you could use the free time to write that wildly requested book.

24. Intell, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010

Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I think I'll be starting sign-ups with in an 12 hours. I just need some time to get everything setup. And who should I PM if I have any Noob-God questions?

Next game: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1049308

25. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii