Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
ehr, because you claim to be the guard and thus you are by a fair margin the highest value target for the wolves?
i was expecting both last night and tonight, to find you murdered or that the attempt was foiled (if you guarded yourself).

You're assuming (probably correctly) that we no longer have a seer, or that we never did. As such, I don't plan on going anywhere tonight - I don't know of another "special" role we still have that's worth protecting besides the guard. And as it's been pointed out, we have really only one more shot to get a WW.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
i have no clue...was gonna wait to see what you were thinking. should we worry that you are still alive?

ill throw a placeholder vote for mrkramer right now.

if that was addressed to me, you should be worried about me as much as you should be worried about everyone else. especially those who have not been cleared at all, since they could be both original OR infected, while the ones somewhat cleared (tomorrow, dsching) can only be infected.

As i already mentioned, i don't think it is worth to go after the infected yet. mainly because we don't know for sure the infection has been used yet, but also because worrying about the infection now only marginally betters our chances to catch a wolf if it had occurred (but lowering them significantly if it didn't)
assuming the cleared (tomorrow, dsching) and not cleared (don'tpanic, ricksnagwell, queenofspades
curmodgeonette, mrkramer, scepticalscribe) are correct, it would be 3/8 vs 2/6.
if we were considering the infection, however, the most likely candidate at this point would be Tomorrow, since he claims he is the guard and he is still alive two nights after he came out with it. obviously having the guard on your side would be highly valuable for WWs.

of the other six, i already expressed my thinking a couple of times.
nothing that transpired made me change my opinion yet.
i am inclined to vote for SS at the moment, but as mentioned i would like to have some input from others.

and i am still trying to understand why you wouldn't vote to protect yourself yesterday
[doublepost=1455202017][/doublepost]
You're assuming (probably correctly) that we no longer have a seer, or that we never did. As such, I don't plan on going anywhere tonight - I don't know of another "special" role we still have that's worth protecting besides the guard. And as it's been pointed out, we have really only one more shot to get a WW.

i don't understand this.
it is still obvious that you were, for two nights in a row, the best target for the wolves so the most likely to be killed (or attempted to be killed)

which part of:
tomorrow (self-outed guard): "it's looking pretty grim"
dontpanic: "especially for you, unfortunately"​
can possibly look suspicious to you?

and your value as a guard is not just in protecting the seer (or other specials), it is in blocking any kill, and buy us extra-nights. so even if we do not have a seer or any other special, you would still be the best target for WWs

Dsching

Suspended
Sep 11, 2014
I think we have pretty much narrowed it down to either scepticalscribe or don't panic.

I completely agree with @Tomorrow that the timing of moyank's death is more than suspicious.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I think we have pretty much narrowed it down to either scepticalscribe or don't panic.
Why do you say that? While I'm glad to not be on that list there hasn't really been anything to clear me either. Also from the people on Don't Panic's list why would curmodgonnete not be on there anymore?

While it is pretty safe to say that you weren't originally a wolf it does seem a bit odd that you are trying to push the two that have mostly a solid vote on them. Are they both villagers and you're trying to push us to them since you are infected and either one would lead to a wolf win?

For now I'm going to change to a No Vote and see what happens before I move it to another person.

curmudgeonette

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2016
California
based on the posting here is my infamous list (from which my name is notably absent, insert it where you will)

tomorrow, dsching, moyank
rick, queenofspades
curmodgeonette, mrkramer, scepticalscribe

Ah! The much vaunted DP heat map finally appears. But it is day 5 now. It is my understanding that DP rarely lasts this long. This implies that usually heatmaps appear earlier than this. Further, it looks like this heatmap is based just on day 4 with no consideration of prior days.

for infection is basically reversed, but i wouldn't worry about that now.

We shouldn't worry about an infection? So Don't panic, I'll vote directly for the master.

Dsching

Suspended
Sep 11, 2014
Why do you say that? While I'm glad to not be on that list there hasn't really been anything to clear me either. Also from the people on Don't Panic's list why would curmodgonnete not be on there anymore?

While it is pretty safe to say that you weren't originally a wolf it does seem a bit odd that you are trying to push the two that have mostly a solid vote on them. Are they both villagers and you're trying to push us to them since you are infected and either one would lead to a wolf win?

For now I'm going to change to a No Vote and see what happens before I move it to another person.
I get what you are saying, but looking at the voting and arguing behaviour so far, and also Moyank's untimely death, I still strongly suspect scepticalscribe.

PS: I am still not a wolf!

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
Ah! The much vaunted DP heat map finally appears. But it is day 5 now. It is my understanding that DP rarely lasts this long. This implies that usually heatmaps appear earlier than this. Further, it looks like this heatmap is based just on day 4 with no consideration of prior days.
We shouldn't worry about an infection? So Don't panic, I'll vote directly for the master.
no the 'map' is based on all what has transpired so far,
and we shouldn't worry (yet) about the infection because of the reasons above, namely, mostly because we are not sure the infection was used yet, while we are certain both of the original wolves are still around

it seems like you are just looking for an excuse to vote for me

in any case, i am going to put a vote on scepticalscribe for now, for the reasons explained before and as a defensive move (although no doubt SS will now send me to 3 with her own vote)

ok the current tally is

don't panic; 2 (tomorrow, curmudgeonette)
scepticalscribe: 2 (dsching, dontpanic)
mrkramer : 1 (rick)
novote: 1 (mrkramer)

yet to vote: scepticalscribe, queenofspades

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I get what you are saying, but looking at the voting and arguing behaviour so far, and also Moyank's untimely death, I still strongly suspect scepticalscribe.

PS: I am still not a wolf!

Well, at least something other than a one word post (even if it were to take the unwelcome form of my nom-de-plume, lit up and highlighted in bolded letters).

Yes, I agree that @Dsching is relatively unlikely, given the phalanx of experienced and excellent individuals who are still around, and who might - from an infection perspective - offer more promising pickings.

However, I still maintain that he is a perfect target to infect - the NW has no powers, - least of all of self-protection - serves to clear someone (relatively early) and thus offers superb cover for infection.

Candidly, from a WW perspective (and I have lived with the consequences of this in earlier incarnations with infected partners), the NW is an ideal source of infection, and a hell of a lot easier - if less immediately useful - than successfully infecting one of the other specials. My point simply is that Dsching - once outed as a member of the NW - has presented a very tempting target for infection.

And, to be honest, at this stage, I have to say that I have questions as to why DP is still alive.

Re Tomorrow, let us take him at his word that he is the Hunter. Of course, he could well be an infected Hunter, but - given that Hunters have powers of self-preservation and protection not vouchsafed to mere morals here, I deem that relatively unlikely. From a WW perspective, a failed infection (and that happened to me once, ages ago) is the ultimate nightmare.

And since votes from earlier days seem to have been coming under scrutiny, I will point to the fact that on Day 2, when he came close to being lynched, I was instrumental in ensuring that Tomorrow (whom we did not know at the time was a Hunter, but he had mentioned that someone else was in a position to support his contention that he was a villager) was not lynched, when I stressed - twice - that we ought to consider taking him at his word.

I am torn between voting for someone whom I believe is as close to a perfect candidate for infection as exists here, Dsching, and - at this stage suspicion of his bona fides and a defensive vote combined - Don't panic.

Indeed, it is increasingly ironical that I find myself unable - for reasons of self-preservation - to vote for the individual I would have wished to cast a ballot for on the past two days, namely, Dsching.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Scepticalscribe.
[doublepost=1455215454][/doublepost]Dsching still hasn't voted, has he? This a tough one. I strongly suspect mrkramer, and he's now swapped to Scepticalscribe. no vote.
[doublepost=1455215544][/doublepost]@Don't panic, look me in the eye and say "lamb chop, lamb chop, I am not a wolf.

Last edited:
Reactions: Don't panic

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
Scepticalscribe.
[doublepost=1455215454][/doublepost]Dsching still hasn't voted, has he? This a tough one. I strongly suspect mrkramer, and he's now swapped to Scepticalscribe. no vote.
[doublepost=1455215544][/doublepost]@Don't panic, look me in the eye and say "lamb chop, lamb chop, I am not a wolf.
i was thinking he is doing it because SS is an easy target, being she almost got voted off last night...

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Nevermind, he voted. Welp, guess it's my last vote.
[doublepost=1455216460][/doublepost]I'm going with Scepticalscribe. I have observed something that tips it toward her. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
Scepticalscribe.
:D I am not a wolf.
why do you suspect of mrkramer specifically?

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
scepticalscribe: 4 (dsching, dontpanic, mrkramer, queenofspades)
don't panic; 3 (tomorrow, curmudgeonette, scepticalscribe)

is this right? i am following this on my phone

also on an unrelated topic, i am about to go off to a skiing trip, so in the next several days i will be not very active. i will try to find the time to vote as a minimum (provided i find a wireless somewhere)

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
now im confused. werent you the one that suspected mrkramer? that partly why i jumped on it...

We can't just trust him, you need to make your own conclusions. He's still alive in the game this late - that should make you a little suspicious, at minimum. At least if you're wrong on your own, you can live with it.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
We can't just trust him, you need to make your own conclusions. He's still alive in the game this late - that should make you a little suspicious, at minimum. At least if you're wrong on your own, you can live with it.

thats true, and the reason i was thinking about switching to him from my useless mrkramer vote. he is still alive...
[doublepost=1455217703][/doublepost]...continued, sorry about double post.

but i dont see my vote against dp doing anything since it will be tied with ss going first.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
@Don't panic my suspicion of mrkramer kind of ties in with if I think SS is a wolf. Kind of don't buy that he forgot Tomorrow was the guard, and his vote on Day 1 can be seen as a way to distance himself from SS. It's not much, but I'm not very familiar with 2 of the 5 remaining suspects.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
scepticalscribe: 4 (dsching, dontpanic, mrkramer, queenofspades)
don't panic; 3 (tomorrow, curmudgeonette, scepticalscribe)

is this right? i am following this on my phone

also on an unrelated topic, i am about to go off to a skiing trip, so in the next several days i will be not very active. i will try to find the time to vote as a minimum (provided i find a wireless somewhere)

how you going to play the D&D game then?

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
@Don't panic my suspicion of mrkramer kind of ties in with if I think SS is a wolf. Kind of don't buy that he forgot Tomorrow was the guard, and his vote on Day 1 can be seen as a way to distance himself from SS. It's not much, but I'm not very familiar with 2 of the 5 remaining suspects.

well if both or them are wolves, he can just switch at the last minute and they would win, unless tomorrow blocks the killing tonight
[doublepost=1455218212][/doublepost]
how you going to play the D&D game then?

good question, i think i can "go for a ride" somewhere, or subrent the character to someone else for the time being :D
it really is up to ravenvii.

i will be around for a few hours by phone until i board, then tomorrow i should be in Milan, italy so i think i should have access to wifi.
but then i am up in the mountains so it remains to be seen what the access will be

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.