Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
i will be around for a few hours by phone until i board, then tomorrow i should be in Milan, italy so i think i should have access to wifi.
but then i am up in the mountains so it remains to be seen what the access will be
I'll also be gone for the weekend. I should be able to get online tomorrow, but if the game goes much beyond that I'm not sure if I'll be able to get internet or not.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
oh nice! good work qos! i was beginning to think one of the twists was there was zero wolves

do we know what wolf she was? obvy not the alpha

edit: i thought the alpha was the one that took out another player, my bad...thats the kami.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
And snagging the Alpha instead of the kami is a nice break for the village. I think we got this.
It'll still be close. Right now we are down to 7, most likely 2 wolves and 5 villagers in the morning unless our guard is successful it will be 4 villagers and 2 wolves. If we go after the other original wolf instead of trying to guess between Tomorrow or dsching as to who the infection was we will get the kamikaze wolf who will take down one villager so it'll be 1 wolf to 3 villagers going into the night, and by morning 1 wolf to 2 villagers. So basically we have to play it perfectly or get lucky with the guard.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
It'll still be close. Right now we are down to 7, most likely 2 wolves and 5 villagers in the morning unless our guard is successful it will be 4 villagers and 2 wolves. If we go after the other original wolf instead of trying to guess between Tomorrow or dsching as to who the infection was we will get the kamikaze wolf who will take down one villager so it'll be 1 wolf to 3 villagers going into the night, and by morning 1 wolf to 2 villagers. So basically we have to play it perfectly or get lucky with the guard.
Essentially correct, except infected could be anyone

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Just back from my private - and exceedingly agreeable - wine tasting.

What an ugly thing to do, to string me up, in such an unedifying way, in my - regrettable - absence.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne

It's close, yeah. That's not news considering we whiffed on every vote until Day 5. :D

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Essentially correct, except infected could be anyone
Yes, but unless it was used at the last minute it most likely was used on someone who was cleared earlier. So I think tomorrow we should go for the kami wolf and after that we try to get the infection.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
Night 5 is over, Don't Panic has been killed.

It's now Day 6

Deadline will be:
Code:
Time (hh:mm m-d-y) Timezone
6:00pm 02-13-2016 Pacific (America/Los_Angeles)
8:00pm 02-13-2016 Central US (America/Mexico_City)
9:00pm 02-13-2016 Eastern US (America/New_York)
2:00am 02-14-2016 GMT (Europe/London)
3:00am 02-14-2016 Central Europe (Europe/Zurich)

Since I don't think anyone left alive is in Europe. If so, I can move the deadline.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Didn't see that coming. I can't remember DP ever lasting this long in a game as a villager.

Who's left?

rick snagwell
Tomorrow (guard)
Dsching (NW)
curmudgeonette
mrkramer
Queen of Spades

Ostensibly two of these are werewolves, assuming the infection took place.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
well im gonna go with qos on this one...she is on fire. in post 312 she suspects mrkramer...

then in post 322 she connects mrkramer to being a wolf if ss was a wolf, and she turned to be the alpha.
[doublepost=1455300900][/doublepost]
Didn't see that coming. I can't remember DP ever lasting this long in a game as a villager.

Who's left?

rick snagwell
Tomorrow (guard)
Dsching (NW)
curmudgeonette
mrkramer
Queen of Spades

Ostensibly two of these are werewolves, assuming the infection took place.

100% infection is in play...we already discussed that.

unless qos is playing us, and sunk ss on purpose to sway us. we should be good.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Well I'm glad I got at least one more day of voting in before I most likely lose cell service for the weekend I'm going with curmudgeonette as the other wolf. She's been quiet and mostly under the radar

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
well im gonna go with qos on this one...she is on fire. in post 312 she suspects mrkramer...

then in post 322 she connects mrkramer to being a wolf if ss was a wolf, and she turned to be the alpha.
[doublepost=1455300900][/doublepost]

100% infection is in play...we already discussed that.

unless qos is playing us, and sunk ss on purpose to sway us. we should be good.

Thanks rick, but our ineptitude from the previous days narrowed it down a whole lot. As for mrkramer, I was only trying to provoke him into divulging more (to no avail). I need to go back through this one more time before I vote, although I have a good idea who it's going to be.
[doublepost=1455305458][/doublepost]Okay. I think it's curmudgeonette. @mrkramer's move to push SS into a tie yesterday, wherein I could be the final vote against her makes him less likely to be a wolf in my opinion. Sure, it could have been an elaborate ploy to throw us off his scent, but they are/were so close to victory at that point, I can't see sticking SS in the fire for a long con. He could have voted DP and that would have been it.

If I'm wrong and that was an elaborate ploy this late in the game, I'll tip my cap.

For now I'll get the voting started with a vote for Queen of Spades. She's mostly been quiet and flying under the radar

I'm going with curmudgeonette as the other wolf. She's been quiet and mostly under the radar

Lol, you're not allowed to use this reasoning ever again.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
Thanks rick, but our ineptitude from the previous days narrowed it down a whole lot. As for mrkramer, I was only trying to provoke him into divulging more (to no avail). I need to go back through this one more time before I vote, although I have a good idea who it's going to be.
[doublepost=1455305458][/doublepost]Okay. I think it's curmudgeonette. @mrkramer's move to push SS into a tie yesterday, wherein I could be the final vote against her makes him less likely to be a wolf in my opinion. Sure, it could have been an elaborate ploy to throw us off his scent, but they are/were so close to victory at that point, I can't see sticking SS in the fire for a long con. He could have voted DP and that would have been it.

If I'm wrong and that was an elaborate ploy this late in the game, I'll tip my cap.

Lol, you're not allowed to use this reasoning ever again.
ok, novote for me right now. do you think curm would be the infected...or maybe tomorrow infected since he is guard. he voted first for don't panic, who turned out to be a villager...

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Nope, I think she'd be the kami if my reasoning is correct. I believe you, so it's either mrkramer or curmudgeonette. Yesterday's actions tipped the vote for me. Again, mrkramer could have voted DP (and defended it easily with the "why is he alive" defense) and essentially ended the game. My late vote would have been either an add-on for DP or a non-locking vote on SS - either way it wouldn't have harmed SS.

As to the infected, Tomorrow stands out, but we'll see.
[doublepost=1455306915][/doublepost]Sequence of events yesterday, let's pick it up with DP voting for SS to bring her to 2 votes. This tied them up, but DP reached 2 votes first:

- SS (wolk) pops in and argues for Tomorrow's innocence, Dsching's likely infection, and uses the "why is he alive/infection" reasoning to vote for DP. DP is now at 3 votes to her 2.

- mrkramer votes for SS to force a tie. 3 to 3 for DP and SS.

This move looms large. Either it was a very risky obfuscation tactic, or he's not a wolf. Why would he endanger SS like that knowing I still had a vote coming? He could have voted DP and no one would have really challenged him (either because of the late time, or because DP becomes more and more suspect the more he hangs around). And yes, DP was still technically "in the lead" since he reached 3 first, but again, he had no idea what I might do.

- I vote for SS, deadline ends and SS is lynched (wolf).

Of note: curmudgeonette voted DP. As did Tomorrow. Again, we're near the end of the game here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.