Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

curmudgeonette

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2016
California
Wow! Went to see Star Wars, and then had dinner with friends. Then when I finally check in here, I see the entire village has taken up torches and pitchforks against me! It looks like there's no point in pleading my case - no vote.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
End of day 6.

curmudgeonette is dead. A wolf.

Tomorrow is dead. A villager.

Night 6

Deadline will be:
Code:
Time (hh:mm m-d-y) Timezone
6:00pm 02-14-2016 Pacific (America/Los_Angeles)
8:00pm 02-14-2016 Central US (America/Mexico_City)
9:00pm 02-14-2016 Eastern US (America/New_York)
2:00am 02-15-2016 GMT (Europe/London)
3:00am 02-15-2016 Central Europe (Europe/Zurich)

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Well, this is fun now. And I'm pretty glad @Dsching was killed because he was someone I wasn't sure about (sorry!).

I think the infected wolf is rick snagwell. His behavior the last round was weird. He jumped right onto mrkramer out of the gate, using the reasoning that I was awesome (true) and that I connected mrkramer and SS, and SS turned out to be the wolf. Yet when I popped on to say that actually my reasoning pointed toward curmudgeonette, he hesitated. He didn't just go along with me like he professed to do moments before - he no voted. His vote would have been the 3rd vote on curmudgeonette. And with six votes, she would have been pushed to 3 first. Without vote changing, that would damn her to being lynched. So he waited and tried to throw out other theories.

mrkramer, on the other hand (the other suspect, since i'm not the wolf), cast the very first vote for the kami wolf, curmudgeonette. His reasoning was whatevs, but if he were the infected he really did not need to do that. There were no backs against the wall or any such thing. I voted for her as well, and that pushed her into slightly unsteady territory.

What happened next? Tomorrow voted for curmudgeonette. Now she was at 3 votes (out of 6) and theoretically the leader/lynchee, even if Dsching, rick, and curmudgeonette all voted for mrkramer. So rick's subsequent vote for her (and Dsching's) meant nothing. She was already doomed, so why not pretend like he was on board as early as possible?

rick is actually a pretty smart infection pick, he tends to last to the end and is often overlooked. In this case, his "I'll go along with x person" play style bit him in the arse because it made his hesitation so obvious. At least in my opinion. I'm not bolding his name yet, since I'd like to hear from mrkramer as this is the last move of the game.
[doublepost=1455496867][/doublepost](As in, I'd like my reasoning checking against another's thoughts)

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
Well, this is fun now. And I'm pretty glad @Dsching was killed because he was someone I wasn't sure about (sorry!).

I think the infected wolf is rick snagwell. His behavior the last round was weird. He jumped right onto mrkramer out of the gate, using the reasoning that I was awesome (true) and that I connected mrkramer and SS, and SS turned out to be the wolf. Yet when I popped on to say that actually my reasoning pointed toward curmudgeonette, he hesitated. He didn't just go along with me like he professed to do moments before - he no voted. His vote would have been the 3rd vote on curmudgeonette. And with six votes, she would have been pushed to 3 first. Without vote changing, that would damn her to being lynched. So he waited and tried to throw out other theories.

mrkramer, on the other hand (the other suspect, since i'm not the wolf), cast the very first vote for the kami wolf, curmudgeonette. His reasoning was whatevs, but if he were the infected he really did not need to do that. There were no backs against the wall or any such thing. I voted for her as well, and that pushed her into slightly unsteady territory.

What happened next? Tomorrow voted for curmudgeonette. Now she was at 3 votes (out of 6) and theoretically the leader/lynchee, even if Dsching, rick, and curmudgeonette all voted for mrkramer. So rick's subsequent vote for her (and Dsching's) meant nothing. She was already doomed, so why not pretend like he was on board as early as possible?

rick is actually a pretty smart infection pick, he tends to last to the end and is often overlooked. In this case, his "I'll go along with x person" play style bit him in the arse because it made his hesitation so obvious. At least in my opinion. I'm not bolding his name yet, since I'd like to hear from mrkramer as this is the last move of the game.
[doublepost=1455496867][/doublepost](As in, I'd like my reasoning checking against another's thoughts)
wow, im shocked and honored to hear all this! im watching the all star game and have been drinking...ill come back and 'explain' what i need to i guess.

i thought for sure we nailed mrkramer, without you voting for him right away...im thinking that you might be playing a masterful wolf game?

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I'm not likely to get enough time to look through the thread until halfway close to the deadline, so I'm not sure you want to count on being able to follow me.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
You guys stink on ice. @mrkramer I'm not wanting to follow you, I want your opinion of recent events. This is it - if we get the infected, we win. If we don't, we lose. So now is the time. @rick snagwell, based on gameplay alone you know I'm not a wolf. But I'd love to hear you explain things.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca

i did a no vote because i thought 100% tomorrow would be the infected, being the outed guard. so i went back to look at things and see whats up, since in post 318 you said go with my gut and dont follow or trust others!. by the time i came back i just said screw it and voted curm.

i dont belive you are the infected, although a 3 lady wolf team would be something! since you really spearheaded the demise of the alpha and the kami...that leaves mrkramer.

i can promise you im not infected!

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
i did a no vote because i thought 100% tomorrow would be the infected, being the outed guard. so i went back to look at things and see whats up, since in post 318 you said go with my gut and dont follow or trust others!. by the time i came back i just said screw it and voted curm.

i dont belive you are the infected, although a 3 lady wolf team would be something! since you really spearheaded the demise of the alpha and the kami...that leaves mrkramer.

i can promise you im not infected!

What does Tomorrow have to do with your no vote? We weren't going after the infected at that point, we were tracking the final OG wolf.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
my no vote was to look back and see for myself...and i felt more of a gut that tomorrow was an infected wolf...more than going after anything else...thats all. i think you are reading into it too much....

once again, qos. IM NOT YOUR INFECTED WOLF.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
my no vote was to look back and see for myself...and i felt more of a gut that tomorrow was an infected wolf...more than going after anything else...thats all. i think you are reading into it too much....

once again, qos. IM NOT YOUR INFECTED WOLF.

It's not the worst insult considering the game we're playing. And reading into it too much would be thinking that mrkramer was playing a high stakes game with his votes the last couple of rounds. Not out of the realm of possibility, but typically in these games Occam's razor applies. We'll see what mrkramer says. I'm stepping away for a bit, but I'll be back.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
I've read this thread a thousand times. I asked for clarification on the infection from Comeagain? - regarding whether or not the infection could be used AFTER reaching a majority of votes but BEFORE death narration. He said yes, since there is no majority lock.

Oy. That gave me pause because I was afraid SS might have waited until the last possible moment, ie after reaching 4 votes, to infect. mrkramer was an important tying vote on her right before her demise. But if she'd waited until that time to infect, I'd have been a better candidate, since I pushed her over the edge - what better "clear" is that. I'm not infected, so it had to have been used earlier, which diminishes mrkramer as the target in my opinion.

rick snagwell. Just ready for this one to end!

Reactions: twietee

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Well if QOS is a wolf with three of us left, unless I'm missing someone, she should have jumped on Rick Snagwell's vote for me and finished it. Since she didn't I'm guessing she isn't the wolf as it doesn't make sense to risk me voting for her and winning it for the village.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Well I've looked back over the thread since after voting QOS wanting to wait to see how I voted didn't quite sit right, but I think I came to the right decision in my vote for Rick Snagwell. He was hesitant to hvote for curmudgeonette, presumably waiting for a pm to tell him if he should get on board or not. He also was holding back a bit for SS. And his vote today for me seemed to be in the hope that QOS would either go along with him, or get a three way tie in which case I'd get voted off first and the wolves would win.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.