[WW] Spies vs. Spies - GAME OVER - KGB WINS

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ravenvii, Aug 22, 2012.

1. ravenvii, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

This is a new kind of a WW game. With a twist.

Some of you might remember a game I ran a while ago, called WW Team Fortress. This game is somewhat similar. Many of you have also played Clue, which this game borrows concepts from.

The setting is the world at the time of the Cold War. The teams are the Soviet KGB and the United States CIA, who are frantically looking for a hidden cache of nuclear weapons.

Let’s deal with the WW-like rules first.

As mentioned, there are two ‘main’ teams, the KGB and the CIA. However, within each faction, there are teams of two players, isolated from each other. The teams do not know which faction the other players belong to. Players in the same team can PM each other.

There will be specials -- thieves, espionage, and saboteurs. They will be semi-randomly assigned -- a team of two players can only be assigned one special ability. Each faction will have all 3 specials.

During the ‘daytime’, the game is the most WW-like -- players vote who to assassinate. Can’t get any simpler than that.

The ‘daytime’ is also where the team can announce where they think the nuclear weapon cache is. More on that below.

And now to the Clue-like side of the game.

During the ‘nighttime’, each team have two ‘actions’ they could take (one for each player). The actions include:

Get a clue - this is where I will give the team a clue to where the nuclear weapon cache is located.

Finger another player - if the other player is part of a team that’s part of the same faction, the two teams become one. If not, a random player on the team doing the fingering gets killed, and the player getting fingered will be informed.

Use a special ability:
    Thieves can steal a clue from the other team as they request it. If the team did not request a clue, the thievery fails and a random team member is killed.

Espionage can look at a random clue that another team has, if any.

Saboteurs can destroy a clue that’s about to be delivered to a team. Unlike the thieves, the saboteur do not die if the team did not request a clue.

In the thread, anyone can announce (in BOLDED AND CAPITALIZED text) where the player thinks the nuclear weapon is located. If the player is correct, his team/faction wins. If not, the player who made the announcement instantly dies.

Conditions for winning the game:
    1) Killing all members of the opposing faction, OR
    2) Announcing the correct location of the nuclear weapons.

A minimum of 12 players are needed to play this game.

Players:
    1. Moyank24
    2. Koodauw
    3. twietee DEAD
    4. WoodNUFC
    5. abijnk
    6. chrmjenkins DEAD
    7. Plutonius
    8. Sythas DEAD
    9. Tomorrow DEAD
    10. Don't panic
    11. Queen of Spades DEAD
    12. rick_snagwell DEAD

MAP:

The nuclear weapon cache is hidden in one of the blocks. To declare which block you think it's in, just say the coordinates of that block (for example, for the block on the upper left, say a8).

[​IMG]

2. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I'm IN....

Now everyone else can start signing up. :D

3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

4. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

I'm spying, too!

Attached Files:

5. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Revenvii, with reluctance, I'll pass on this as I can't guarantee that I will be able to participate actively or consistently, and I have no idea of what sort of internet access I'll be able to obtain while abroad. As it happens, I'm flying out to the Caucasus on Sunday, and will be busy there for six-seven weeks, until mid October approximately.

Meanwhile, the very best of luck with it, and I'll keep a watchful eye on proceedings from afar. ;)

Needless to say, when I'm back home again, I will be more than happy to participate in whatever WW or EM universes have been carefully crafted and constructed.....

7. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Have a good trip then!

Ravenvii, sorry but I have some dumb questions about the rules: Does the assassination work exactly like the lynching (tie-rule, no-vote/no-lynch possible,lost in the woods, etc)?

Nighttime actions - ("During the ‘nighttime’, each team have two ‘actions’ they could take (one for each player)" that refers to the "Buddies"-Teams not KGB-CIA..so they can do both during one night? Does each partner have to PM you her/his request separately? What if one of them dies, is there only one action left? I assume yes.

Fingering - what is the information like which the fingered person receives? That s/he got fingered? That s/he got fingered by Agent xyz (the team-member randomly killed) or that Team X fingered him/her (both member)?

I have no clue what those clues will be like (surprise,surprise!) but does every buddy-team gets the same clues, or are they completely different?

Besides that, I'm really looking forward to this game. I was born in West-Berlin during the cold war so this should be a home run! :cool:

8. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I'll play. I like the team games.

All bets are off though if I end up on the same team as Moyank :p. All that Red Sox taunting I'll get in the PMs :D.

What are the odds that Chris and Abbie will end up on the same team :D ?

9. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

5:6. Or if you want probability, 5/11.

10. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yes, same. There won't be any time limits, so there won't be any tie rules. As for the lost in the woods thing, I don't think I'll incorporate that in my game (I never had that rule in any of my games), so no-votes won't mean anything.

If desired. One partner can also PM me both actions if the team prefers that. Doesn't matter.

Yes, it's one action per person, so if one person dies, the team will only be able to do one action.

Hmm, I'm seriously reconsidering the 'fingering' term... anyone have a better one?

To answer your question, it'll basically be "You were fingered by (dead player name)."

There's a pool of clues that I'll draw from. Every clue is a one-of-a-kind.

11. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

First I thought those fingering lurkers are going to be killed for sexual harassment.

Thank's for clarification. But what does "There won't be any time limits" mean? Is day- / nighttime relative within the game?

12. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

I mean a lynching occurs as soon as a majority is reached.

13. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I've read the game description four times and I can't figure out how the hell it's played.

14. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Couldn't get past fingered? ;)

15. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

I actually like the term. It's a perpetual freebee for all sorts of ambiguous remarks. And one thing I figured which is not mentioned: we have to have an even number of players. :)

16. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

In this quote, a factual statement has been made.

17. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Hasn't stopped you from playing any of the other games ;)

18. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Butt sex. See, now you want to play. Tomorrow is in!

19. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

I somehow miss, but please take this solely as a remark and not a request as I have absolutely no clue about these game-mechanisms like you people anyway and think this one is complex enough already, something like a Double Agent or Agent Provocateur (read: carrier or infected) as a special. I understand that with 6vs6 or so it's much too powerful but, just theoretically, could imagine
    it would be interesting having one on each team with 10vs10 or so.

I'm saying this rather to learn more about the mechanism instead of anything else. It just crossed my mind within the given cold-war setting.

20. Sythas macrumors 6502a

Sythas

If I understand correctly (the big picture): with 12 peoples :

3 teams of 2 person CIA
    3 teams of 2 person KGB

So If I'm a KGB

We have to find the 2 other KGB teams and kill the CIA and/or find where the nuclear weapon of the CIA are..

21. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

That depends - pitching, or catching? :eek:

22. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

1 - Moyank24
    2 - Koodauw
    3 - twietee
    4 - WoodNUFC
    5 - abijnk
    6 - chrmjenkins
    7 - Plutonius
    8 - Tomorrow (? - confirmed by abijnk)
    9 - Sythas

23. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

3 (or 4 if Tomorrow decides to defy abijnk ;)) to go before we can start!