WWDC 2020 Spoiler-Free Video Stream [Update: Video Posted]

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Even though this year's WWDC is a bit different with its all-online format, we're still getting the traditional keynote address, which will be kicking off at 10:00 am Pacific Time today. Some MacRumors readers who can't follow the event live are interested in avoiding all of the announcements and waiting until Apple reposts the video of the event for on-demand viewing so as to experience it without already knowing the outcome.

For those individuals, we've posted this news story, which will be updated with a direct link to the presentation once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

Apple has become quicker about making event videos available for replay over the past several years, and videos are now frequently available within an hour of an event's conclusion. This year's video may be available even more quickly given the unique circumstances of the 2020 conference.

Users waiting for the video to be posted are welcome to gather in the thread associated with this news story, and we ask that those who follow the events as they occur refrain from making any posts about Apple's announcements in this thread.

Update: The full keynote video is available on Apple's website as a direct link to the video file with no spoilers.

Article Link: WWDC 2020 Spoiler-Free Video Stream [Update: Video Posted]

Last edited:
Reactions: niho

xxray

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2013
I dont understand why spoiler free is necessary. This isnt a tV show.
Right... if they don’t want so-called “spoilers” then maybe they should avoid news and rumor sites until they watch it themselves? Why do we have to baby them?
What‘s wrong with giving people the option to not have spoilers? If you don’t want to use it, you don’t have to.

ohbrilliance

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Right... if they don’t want so-called “spoilers” then maybe they should avoid news and rumor sites until they watch it themselves? Why do we have to baby them?
Which is exactly the purpose of this topic. How do you propose people find the video without stumbling upon news sites? Apple TV's events is one way but not everybody has an Apple TV.

az431

Suspended
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
What‘s wrong with giving people the option to not have spoilers? If you don’t want to use it, you don’t have to.
As the OP stated, because it's not a TV show; it is news. Unlike TV shows, news is widely disseminated to the public. Even before WWDC ends, every news outlet, website, blog, forum, etc is going to publish every detail.

Making a major news event "spoiler free" is silly because you would need to lock yourself in an underground bunker to avoid hearing of it until some point in the future when you wanted to take it all in as if it was "new."

• Disagree
Reactions: CanyonLizard

motm95

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
Making a major news event "spoiler free" is silly because you would need to lock yourself in an underground bunker to avoid hearing of it until some point in the future when you wanted to take it all in as if it was "new."
Hardly. I know some people who work at jobs where they do not have their phones on them, or where they cannot access the internet during the workday. For example, construction. These folks would like to be able to knock off work, come home, and enjoy watching the video without knowing what happened, just as if they were watching it live. It's a nice service that Macrumors provides and it is unfortunate that some feel the need to complain about something they won't even use.

jent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2010
Hardly. I know some people who work at jobs where they do not have their phones on them, or where they cannot access the internet during the workday. For example, construction. These folks would like to be able to knock off work, come home, and enjoy watching the video without knowing what happened, just as if they were watching it live. It's a nice service that Macrumors provides and it is unfortunate that some feel the need to complain about something they won't even use.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Even though I normally have constant access to the internet, I like watching Apple keynotes spoiler-free after I've finished work in order to be surprised by the reveals as they happened. Sometimes it's a few hours after the event, sometimes it's the next day, but it's a nice service MacRumors provides that has no downside for those who don't want to use it.

Reactions: CanyonLizard

DeepIn2U

macrumors 604
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Has anyone ever had WWDC withdrawal?
Yes I have ... like no more than 1 WWDC previously listed in the TV App this year. I know in Podcasts I can find them but on AppleTV navigation is not so well laid out.

I think his year will be epic ... now I'm wondering if I should screen record on my Mac.

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
For those complaining about the spoiler-free video feed, this is STANDARD MacRumors procedure for every WWDC event, for as long as I could remember. If you have nothing constructive to contribute there's no need to put a damper on everyone else's excitement. No one is forcing you to watch!

Tozovac

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2014
For those complaining about the spoiler-free video feed, this is STANDARD MacRumors procedure for every WWDC event, for as long as I could remember. If you have nothing constructive to contribute there's no need to put a damper on everyone else's excitement. No one is forcing you to watch!
I have nothing bad to say but I sure was curious why the need for this post -- isn’t it going to be later posted at Apple.com for replay? Couldn’t users wanting to watch a replay “live” and without spoilers just stay away from macrumors/internet and just go straight to Apple’s site tonight?

Maybe Macrumors would have been smart to permit no comments here. After all, what is there to talk about if there’s nothing out yet that should be talked about here? :)

Ar40

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2017
There's a very noticeable line of WWDC clickables in the TV app and on the Apple TV. Very nicely consolidated. I'm def. expecting a lot of Apple TV/TV+ news and I'm excited to see what the future offers. A better UI and improved remote would be amazing.

Tozovac

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2014
the second social issues come up ill be turning it off and i have a feeling that will happen.
I think you just have to accept that type of content imported into a technical presentation or else you’ll shut yourself off from the world of online media.

Accept it as the cost of entry. Just like how men are the incompetent buffoons in most commercials nowadays and the wives or children (or even the family pet) are usually the smart or tricky ones. Or wearing trophy “I voted“ buttons for having performed a civic duty that should be the norm and not be considered a standout accomplishment.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ar40

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68030
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Which is exactly the purpose of this topic. How do you propose people find the video without stumbling upon news sites? Apple TV's events is one way but not everybody has an Apple TV.
And as of the last update at least, Events is no longer on my Apple TV. Nor is it available on the list to be added back to the home screen. In the Apple TV app on the Apple TV, the only event available via searching is the 2019 special, and the 2019 wwdc.

One would think, if you spent a few million preparing only 2 public keynote addresses per year, you’d do the bare minimum to make it available on at least your own content outlets, to enable people to see them.

Ar40

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2017
And as of the last update at least, Events is no longer on my Apple TV. Nor is it available on the list to be added back to the home screen. In the Apple TV app on the Apple TV, the only event available via searching is the 2019 special, and the 2019 wwdc.

One would think, if you spent a few million preparing only 2 public keynote addresses per year, you’d do the bare minimum to make it available on at least your own content outlets, to enable people to see them.
Look again. Apple TV app has a massive and prominent row of WWDC 2020 keynote images with the pre-show music playing already. Its the second banner from the top.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68030
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Look again. Apple TV app has a massive and prominent row of WWDC 2020 keynote images with the pre-show music playing already. Its the second banner from the top.
Oh that’s funny, was all different stuff when I started hunting for it.
- - Post merged: - -

the second social issues come up ill be turning it off and i have a feeling that will happen.
Might as well run away now. Each of those points of light on the globe is prob a protest or covid case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ar40
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.