Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Ahead of next Monday's keynote kicking off its annual Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple has begun preparations at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. As part of the preparations, banners are beginning to go up in the lobby of Moscone West, including one with the event's tagline of "Write the Code. Change the World."

wwdc_2014_banner.jpg
More banners will undoubtedly continue to appear inside the lobby, some of which may tease hints of Apple's announcement plans. Banners advertising specific details on keynote announcements will remain covered until after the keynote.

Apple's WWDC keynote kicks off on Monday at 10:00 AM Pacific Time, and the company will be providing a live video stream of the event.

Thanks @KielO

Article Link: WWDC Banners Begin Going Up at Moscone Center Ahead of Monday's Keynote

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2010
Let the deciphering begin!

But before all that... if you look closely, it says, "Write the code. Change the world".
Could this be some self-effacing irony?
Could the coloured dots represent television pixels??
Could the Apple logo-looking apple be representative of a health product???
Could the banner a representation of our highly mediated world????

!!!

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
I see all the colour in the banner. That must mean those are the colours related to Healthbook app. Ok now it is confirmed. Health book will arrive with iOS 8.

Source: I'm a professional banner decipherer (is that a word?)

aprofetto8

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
W R I T E T H E C O D E. C H A N G E T H E W O R L D.

W R I T E T H E C O D E. C H A N G E T H E W O R L D.

I T H C A W

I W A T C H

iWatch.

You're welcome.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Let the deciphering begin!

But before all that... if you look closely, it says, "Write the code. Change the world".
Could this be some self-effacing irony?
Could the coloured dots represent television pixels??
Could the Apple logo-looking apple be representative of a health product???
Could the banner a representation of our highly mediated world????

!!!

OS X on ARM.:cool:

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
Really looking forward to the OS X and iOS banners.

I remember everyone being stumped by the wave-themed OS X banner last year.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
In regards to the inevitable 'covered' banners, do you think the guys putting them up know what's on them? Or is it a case of, "here's a banner covered in black cloth...attach it to the roof without looking at it please?"

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
Ever since the latest episode of Silicon Valley, I giggle every time I hear a tech company talking about changing the world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.