WWDC20 Rumor Report Card: Leaked iOS 14 Features, Arm-Based Macs, and More

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

WWDC was held online this year, but it was still packed with announcements, including iOS 14, iPadOS 14, macOS Big Sur, watchOS 7, tvOS 14, and Apple confirming its long-rumored plans to transition to its own custom-designed processors for future Macs. Sadly, there was no sight of a redesigned iMac, but that is still on the table for later this year.

With so many rumors shared every week, it can be hard to remember exactly what was leaked ahead of a particular Apple event. For that reason, we have put together a list of accurate and inaccurate rumors in relation to everything announced this week. The list is not comprehensive, but it covers many of the biggest leaks and rumors that surfaced.

Accurate Rumors
Inaccurate Rumors
Looking ahead, there are still some rumors that remain to be seen, such as blood oxygen monitoring on Apple Watch Series 6 models in the fall and what proved to be a controversial claim that Xcode is coming to the iPad Pro by next year.

Article Link: WWDC20 Rumor Report Card: Leaked iOS 14 Features, Arm-Based Macs, and More

Last edited:

moabal

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
I am really curious what Apple is going to do with the iPad Pro over the next few years. How will they bridge the gap between Mac OS and iPadOS? I highly doubt they would let consumers run Mac OS on their iPads. However, what is the alternative other than proper external monitor support and/or some sort of “Samsung Dex” mode. Curious what other people think of this.

At work I have an iMac. However, at home I find myself 90% of the time using my iPad Pro with the Magic Keyboard. I would love to hook it up to my external monitor but its not a good experience.

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
@The Game 161 well, you still think Prosser is "not wrong"?
He was wrong about iphoneOS what else was he really wrong about? Hardware? Well he said it was pulled day before...which does happen

You think every leaker is 100% correct on everything? He got duped on the last report but most stuff his accuracy has been pretty good as good as most

And for the record at the time he was not wrong. Where did I say he would never get something wrong?

We will see if his leaks about iPhone pricing comes true or not later on in the year. Whether he leaks more now after his software source got caught who knows...

Last edited:

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
I think the headphones and tag will be released in a press release rather than an event. Both are in production IIRC, so I would expect them in either July or August (leaning towards July personally just because I want it sooner than later, lol).

I don't think there's much innovation in either for it to warrant time in an event.

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I think the headphones and tag will be released in a press release rather than an event. Both are in production IIRC, so I would expect them in either July or August (leaning towards July personally just because I want it sooner than later, lol).

I don't think there's much innovation in either for it to warrant time in an event.
Think the hardware is being saved for fall/October

now i see it

macrumors 603
Jan 2, 2002
since it's well known that  has internal spies who's job it is to detect spies, it would be the oldest trick in the book to find leakers by intentionally seeding wrong information.
I suspect that most of the accurate "leaks" are actually intentionally doled out by ap to trusted sources (Gurman) to be presented as a "leak" just to keep the hype train going.

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Prosser seems to be the big loser here. Gurman will be happy.
Prosser got slaughtered this time. That's what happens when you don't have supply chain sources and rely on leaks from marketing folks working at Apple. The guy even tried to pass around a fake image of AirPower as his own.
he seems to have gone quiet, too? He promised to show some more information about his alleged airpower scoop when challenged by gurman, but i've seen nothing.
yeah, Prosser took a huge bath on this one. He challenged Gurman who has a decade on him with leaks. When he and Gurman contradicted, someone was going to be the big loser. We saw that with Prosser and WWDC. His software source got caught too so he’s roasted.

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014
Prosser also said a lot of the things that ended up being accurate. Granted they were on podcasts and things but stuff like sleep tracking etc he did correctly report prior to 9to5mac

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Prosser also said a lot of the things that ended up being accurate. Granted they were on podcasts and things but stuff like sleep tracking etc he did correctly report prior to 9to5mac
Would be interesting to see his complete list - i only followed his tweets. (Also, sleep tracking wasn’t exactly a stretch, given that they bought a sleep tracking company)

Reactions: Premium1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.