Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2005

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Huh, that's weird... Why would Apple plan to make the BMW feature available in iOS 13? They'd want as many users to upgrade, and there will be no devices left behind anyway.
You’ll upgrade anyway, and this way people can start using it sooner? (And once you use it, your next phone will be an iphone when it’s time to upgrade phones)

farewelwilliams

Suspended
Jun 18, 2014
He was wrong about iphoneOS what else was he really wrong about? Hardware? Well he said it was pulled day before...which does happen

I replied to you about iPhone OS and you said "He’s still not wrong though". Now you're saying he's wrong about iPhone OS.

You think every leaker is 100% correct on everything? He got duped on the last report but most stuff his accuracy has been pretty good as good as most

And for the record at the time he was not wrong. Where did I say he would never get something wrong?

Where did I say every leaker is 100% correct? The thing you're accusing me of falsely saying is something you're doing.

Reactions: KeithBN

KeithBN

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2017
Prosser got slaughtered this time. That's what happens when you don't have supply chain sources and rely on leaks from marketing folks working at Apple. The guy even tried to pass around a fake image of AirPower as his own.
Indeed.
Now that Prosser was shown to be wrong about pretty much everything, can we ignore him and stop reporting his nonsense in future, I wonder?

Reactions: nachodorito

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I replied to you about iPhone OS and you said "He’s still not wrong though". Now you're saying he's wrong about iPhone OS.

Where did I say every leaker is 100% correct? The thing you're accusing me of falsely saying is something you're doing.

He was wrong about iPhoneOS and hardware being released but for all we know it was pulled last minute which tends to happen.

At the time why would people doubt him as before this he was spot on with a good amount of leaks. His software guy got caught but he still has other sources he seems to say but wether they still give him info now after this who knows

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
XCode on iPad Pro is one that was floating around that did not happen.

That was said to arrive within a year don’t think it was rumoured for WWDC for sure. The keynote gave enough hints with that X code running on A12Z so no doubt it arrives when ARM is on new macs

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Indeed.
Now that Prosser was shown to be wrong about pretty much everything, can we ignore him and stop reporting his nonsense in future, I wonder?

Only if he gets more things wrong, as right now his accuracy is still up there with the best leakers. If he gets iPhone 12 specs wrong then sure but if it’s correct then no....

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
The high end gaming laptop rumour is kind of correct, since they did just release an upgraded MBP with AMD 5600 graphics. While it isn’t specifically for gaming, it does have a lot faster graphics.

Your Royal Highness

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2020
EC42379B-72A9-4CE8-8189-A7FB76C43CAE.jpeg

Reactions: Katiebm

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
He was wrong about iPhoneOS and hardware being released but for all we know it was pulled last minute which tends to happen.

At the time why would people doubt him as before this he was spot on with a good amount of leaks. His software guy got caught but he still has other sources he seems to say but wether they still give him info now after this who knows

Given how everything was pre-recorded, and very elaborately I might add, nothing was “pulled last minute.”

And even if it was, he’s still wrong. You don’t win a football game by having the high score up until the last play of the game.
[automerge]1593269862[/automerge]
Nothing

the source though is fired though and who knows what else.

They could be sued for trade secret misappropriation.
[automerge]1593269899[/automerge]
Patentlyapple is the worst - they don’t even understand the difference between patent claims and a patent specification.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Given how everything was pre-recorded, and very elaborately I might add, nothing was “pulled last minute.”

And even if it was, he’s still wrong. You don’t win a football game by having the high score up until the last play of the game.
[automerge]1593269862[/automerge]

They could be sued for trade secret misappropriation.
[automerge]1593269899[/automerge]

Patentlyapple is the worst - they don’t even understand the difference between patent claims and a patent specification.
Actually they can’t, the only way a guy on twitter who can get in legal trouble is if it was proved he paid for those sources/leaks. It’s always the source that will come off badly and this is what has likely happened here.

And yeah he was wrong no arguments about that. We will never know when it was pulled in terms of hardware as many other leakers also said there would be hardware at WWDC. So he wasn’t the only one who was wrong with that. We will never know the truth behind that. Even though it was recorded the leaks weren’t out until the day before about certain features.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Actually they can’t, the only way a guy on twitter who can get in legal trouble is if it was proved he paid for those sources/leaks. It’s always the source that will come off badly and this is what has likely happened here.

And yeah he was wrong no arguments about that. We will never know when it was pulled in terms of hardware as many other leakers also said there would be hardware at WWDC. So he wasn’t the only one who was wrong with that. We will never know the truth behind that. Even though it was recorded the leaks weren’t out until the day before about certain features.

No, you don’t have to pay in Order to be sued:

”Trade secret infringement is called “misappropriation.” It occurs when someone improperly acquires a trade secret or improperly discloses or uses a trade secret without consent or with having reason to know that knowledge of the trade secret was acquired through a mistake or accident. Misappropriation need not be intentional. It can happen inadvertently or through negligence”

Reactions: KeithBN and Katiebm

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
No, you don’t have to pay in Order to be sued:

”Trade secret infringement is called “misappropriation.” It occurs when someone improperly acquires a trade secret or improperly discloses or uses a trade secret without consent or with having reason to know that knowledge of the trade secret was acquired through a mistake or accident. Misappropriation need not be intentional. It can happen inadvertently or through negligence”

There are ways you can get into legal trouble if you don’t go through the correct measurements. He has stated that he has had a legal team to make sure this doesn’t happen. Be foolish if he didn’t as last thing he wants is both him and his source gets into legal trouble.

It’s certainly a dangerous game if a source does get caught.

Where he got this wrong was leaking so much and the extent of the leaks. The fact apple were chasing him shows that his previous leaks were all correct.

Does this mean no more leaks? Who knows. Depends if his other sources want to risk it. If it was me? I would cut ties

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
There are ways you can get into legal trouble if you don’t go through the correct measurements. He has stated that he has had a legal team to make sure this doesn’t happen. Be foolish if he didn’t as last thing he wants is both him and his source gets into legal trouble.

It’s certainly a dangerous game if a source does get caught.

Where he got this wrong was leaking so much and the extent of the leaks. The fact apple were chasing him shows that his previous leaks were all correct.

Does this mean no more leaks? Who knows. Depends if his other sources want to risk it. If it was me? I would cut ties

don’t know what legal advice he is getting, but the law seems pretty clear.

(5)the term “misappropriation” means—
(A)
acquisition of a trade secret of another by a person who knows or has reason to know that the trade secret was acquired by improper means; or
(B)disclosure or use of a trade secretof another without express or implied consent by a person who—
(i)
used improper means to acquire knowledge of the trade secret;
(ii)at the time of disclosure or use, knew or had reason to know that the knowledge of the trade secretwas—
(I)
derived from or through a person who had used improper means to acquire thetrade secret;
(II)
acquired under circumstances giving rise to a duty to maintain the secrecy of the trade secret or limit the use of the trade secret; or
(III)
derived from or through a person who owed a duty to the person seeking relief to maintain the secrecy of the trade secret or limit the use of the trade secret; or
(iii)before a material change of the position of the person, knew or had reason to know that—
(I)
the trade secret was a trade secret; and
(II)
knowledge of the trade secret had been acquired by accident or mistake;

So, I think we agree that these are trade secrets, and Prosser knows that. He didn’t have consent to disclose them. And if he got them from an Apple employee, that person had a duty to maintain the secrecy of the trade secret.

This is the federal law, but california and other states have similar laws. He may have some theory why what he’s doing is ok, but if Apple wants to sue him, how much do you think apple will spend on lawyers, versus how much is prosser’s legal team going to get paid?

Apple will never sue, of course, because that just brings attention to him, but it’s wrong to say that there is no legal risk for people like him.

Reactions: Katiebm
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.