Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whiteshadoww

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Santa Monica, CA
Anyone venture to guess when we will receive our iPhone X? I'm assuming we are all up at 12 AM Cupertino time to place the order and we finalize it in the first 4-5 minutes.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Take this with a grain of salt, but it seems that the iPhone X's production begins next week. Some have already anticipated that some buyers will be waiting until Jan/Feb or possibly March. The same situation occurred with the Jet Black. I was not able to get my hands on a Jet Black until the second week of January. Mind you, the 7/7Plus launched in Sept.

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Anyone venture to guess when we will receive our iPhone X? I'm assuming we are all up at 12 AM Cupertino time to place the order and we finalize it in the first 4-5 minutes.

Everyone thinks they're getting theirs on Nov 3. You're getting yours in December...

Wreckus

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Take this with a grain of salt, but it seems that the iPhone X's production begins next week. Some have already anticipated that some buyers will be waiting until Jan/Feb or possibly March. The same situation occurred with the Jet Black. I was not able to get my hands on a Jet Black until the second week of January. Mind you, the 7/7Plus launched in Sept.

Search online and all I get is either production is delayed, hasn't started yet/will start in mid October, or production estimated to be under 10,000 units per day....

Since I'm not getting the Iphone X (EDIT: got the iPhone 8+ yesterday), i'm going to enjoy the iPhone forum on iPhone X preorder & release day.

Last edited:

TravisPNW

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2017
Renton, WA
Search online and all I get is either production is delayed, hasn't started yet/will start in mid October, or production estimated to be under 10,000 units per day....

Since I'm not getting the IPhone X, i'm going to enjoy the IPhone forum on IPhone X preorder & release day.

Same here... I'm enjoying the 8 Plus. Amazing phone.

I'll be here with popcorn on X preorder/release day.

Reactions: dsmill

BillyBobT

Suspended
Sep 22, 2017

By then Samsung galaxy x foldable phone will be out

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
When did you order it. Never heard of a 6 month wait.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona

Ya, I got my Jet black 7+ on launch day. If its going to be as hard as it was to get a Jet Black 7 then it won't be too bad. If you kept looking on istocknow it won't be hard.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
If one does not order the iPhone X within the first 5 minutes they may not even see their phone in November.

I would agree. I would also be willing to believe it will be Around three minutes before dates slip 4-6 weeks as an estimate.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016

A major launch 6 weeks away and the phone isn't even in production yet? Doubt it. Wasn't it Ming-Chi Kuo who, while he revised his numbers, still expects 40m units shipped by the end of the year? That isn't going to be anywhere near close if you believe it's not in production and only making 10k a day rumours.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
40m by the end of the year doesn't sound too bad. If you place your order as soon as they go live, surely having one by the end if November is fairly realistic for the majority if people.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
January-December for most preorders, November only for the lucky few who get in the first 30 seconds or so.

yanksfan114

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2011
You must have been extremely late on that preorder them because I got my JB 7+ 2 weeks after launch. Think it was first week of oct or last week of sept. No shot you should’ve waited that long if you were ready at midnight.

Reactions: MsRandall
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.