iPhone 11 Pro X vs. XS vs. 11 Pro Speed Test

Tsepz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
This is quite an interesting video, the X is of course a bit older now and starting to show its age, but the XS and 11 Pro seem to trade blows between them, very close. He does mention that the 11 Pro was heating up a lot and there was a weird sound it was making, anyone else had that experience with their 11 Pro?

Anyway, nice to see the difference in performance between them, I think after a few updates and more developers optimising apps for A13 Bionic the 11 Pro will eventually be quite a bit ahead:

Reactions: arfbsantoso

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
Or maybe the 11 pro will become the new 6 plus, crippled with low ram due to different memory requirements because of new camera system.
11 Pro is supposed to have increased RAM compared to the Xs.

lympero

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Arta, Greece
Unfortunately for everyone, an update can’t add more ram. Tjey
Depends, might be a bug for the new iPhones but for me the phone is very quick...these speeds are irreverent for real world usage.
Main problem will be, constant app reloading, tab reloading etc which appears to be the case with 11 pro compared to xs max.

Reactions: Drew1204

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Unfortunately for everyone, an update can’t add more ram. Tjey

Main problem will be, constant app reloading, tab reloading etc which appears to be the case with 11 pro compared to xs max.
app management seems about the same to me but i don’t use alot in the background. Maybe when texting and watching YouTube videos. 6GB would be better of course but thats something I’m sure will be coming next year.

lympero

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Arta, Greece
what about when the camera isn’t in use?
My old MacBook Pro 2015 for example had 8gb of ram with 1.5gb ram dedicated to internal video card. I'm assuming we have a similar scenario here, xs max with 4gb and x amount of ram dedicated for camera usage and 11 pro with 2x (or more) ram dedicated to camera.
11 pro will be low on memory quicker, thus slower as it will need to reload more apps, tabs etc

CreeptoLoser

Suspended
Jul 28, 2018
Birmingham, Alabama
This is quite an interesting video, the X is of course a bit older now and starting to show its age, but the XS and 11 Pro seem to trade blows between them, very close. He does mention that the 11 Pro was heating up a lot and there was a weird sound it was making, anyone else had that experience with their 11 Pro?

Anyway, nice to see the difference in performance between them, I think after a few updates and more developers optimising apps for A13 Bionic the 11 Pro will eventually be quite a bit ahead:

That isn't a hardware test. It's a GUI and OS test. Having newer hardware doesn't mean the OS will be fully optimized for yet and in some examples like booting up it can be slower because it is loading hardware drivers and frameworks that aren't used by the older iPhones.

Youtubers of this generation around 30 years old very often they don't have experience to understand these things or they deliberately create click bait because if they don't make money spamming onine then they have to deliver pizza for life.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Wasn’t the reason for more ram on the 7 plus due to the new two camera system in 2016.

if that’s the case. It could present a problem with the 3 camera system in the pro series now.
- - Post merged: - -

Would have seen a hint of that in the Xs/Xs Max.
No. Xs/max had increase in ram from 3 to 4gb and no increase in camera.

Stuart6

Suspended
Jan 30, 2017
Wow, the RAM management is quite bad on the iphone 11. I was secretly wishing for apple to include more RAM, but they stuck with 4GB RAM. Usually android phones require more RAM, but I feel that we are at a point where more RAM is needed on iphones as the optimisations on IOS is not enough. I feel that ever since IOS 11, more RAM is needed as my old iphone 7 started to run into RAM management issues since IOS 11, and iphone 8/8 plus/X at that time also had apps reloading a lot, and Iphone Xs never quite solved that issue even with 1 GB more RAM.

Reactions: Drew1204

Waterman316

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2018

Wow! Who would have thought a new iPhone is slower than an older one by such a huge margin!
Cool story. Obviously not a huge margin though. How many people actually notice it being slower? Is it actually slower? Because it feels slightly faster to me than my Xs max was. And in the end that’s what matters, to me at least. The user experience. I could careless what the numbers are.

Reactions: Bethanie21

0-0

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
i think with iOS 13.1 the results will be very different. Theres a reason why Apple is pushing 13.1 out so soon after the iPhone 11 pro launch. This test should be re-done after 13.1 is released with all phones on iOS 13.1 unlike the test where the iPhone x is on iOS11, xs is on iOS 12 and iPhone 11 is on 13.0.

jamezr

macrumors G5
Aug 7, 2011
US
Personally I think speed test are one of the most useless comparisons around.
In real life when using a phone...you will never notice the differences.
They just do not relate to real world usage.