Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
I think you meant they are refusing to Stock HD DVD. Target just announced last week that they are pulling HD DVD completely before the holidays and going Blu-Ray exclusive. Blockbuster did the same, but that was a month or so ago.

Circuit City is planning to pull the plug on HD DVD, but they are thinking to do it in Q1 2008, so i am willing to bet that they are waiting to see holiday numbers.

Ed

Yeah, typo. Thanks.

I really do think it's too early to judge. But Blu-ray has the early lead.

I can easily imagine HD-DVD winning in Europe and Blu-ray in Japan/US though. I think HD-DVD could turn around if it hits $99 first. But Blu-ray is looking to be the victor in the US and Japan for now.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Target just announced last week that they are pulling HD DVD completely before the holidays and going Blu-Ray exclusive. Blockbuster did the same, but that was a month or so ago.

Target said they would stop carrying HD DVD players, but that they would continue carrying the software.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
- It's winning by a huge margin in Europe.
- The EU is going after BluRay for anticompetitive practice
- HD-A2 the #1 DVD player in amazon.com (was even #1 in the whole of Elecronics there during the cash rebate), and the 1st BluRay player comes at #45.

These things I did not know :) Thanks! It'll make my HD video choice a lot easier

Since I don't know which continent I'll be living in next year it's a much better choice to go for HD-DVD. Since it's (apparently) big here and the region-free of it all. And a player for £130 - awesome. 1 or 2 more price drops and it's mine :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.