Xbox 360 Repair Status Question

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Quick Q for those that have sent their 360 back to MS for repair.

My current status is

"Device received at service status"

Anyone know what this means in real terms? It's been like it sometime (8/9 days), has it just been received, might they be repairing it?

Any thoughts much appreciated!

cyclone84

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2006
I am currently going through this...

I am guessing you meant to type "Device received at service CENTER," in which case they have received it and will either repair or replace it within 10-16 days (XBOX phone rep quote).

Mine took 7 business days to repair (or whatever they did) and now the status says: "Device shipped to customer"

You can call their 800 number and request UPS tracking info once it has been shipped. It claims that I'll get it this Friday, so 3 day shipping.

Note: I'm in Boston, it shipped from Texas.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
I am currently going through this...

I am guessing you meant to type "Device received at service CENTER," in which case they have received it and will either repair or replace it within 10-16 days (XBOX phone rep quote).
Good call, I mistyped.

Shawn Taylor

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2010
Quick Q for those that have sent their 360 back to MS for repair.

My current status is

"Device received at service status"

Anyone know what this means in real terms? It's been like it sometime (8/9 days), has it just been received, might they be repairing it?

Any thoughts much appreciated!
Take in consideration that MS might take between 4 and 8 weeks to fix and send your Xbox back (not always) so dont pay attention to that service status a friend of mine told me that its always wrong, just have patience.

Eh, more the fact that all but the last one were RROD's so M$ has taken the hit financially, not me. The last one was the disc drive going out, M$ would not fix it till I asked the customer service lady to see how many systems I have been through. It was then agreed to fix for free once again:rolleyes: I have of course never recieved the same system back, which is a pain as you can only transfer the DLC titles 1x per year to work offline.

Now, the orig Xbox was a workhorse. I still have it, and have wiped the drive several dozen times, installed several hdds, (now with a 500gb hd), gone through half a dozen mod chips, messed up the d0 point via on the mobo...still works, and I must say works wonderfully as my media center. Currently with an X3 chip and faceplate with LCD. I sure wish the 360 was as resilient as the orig...

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Xbox 360 still having problems? I'm thinking of picking one up next month and don't want have to worry when it's going to break down. :/

Hugh