Xbox 360 Repair Status Question

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by LastLine, Nov 7, 2007.

1. LastLine macrumors 65816

Quick Q for those that have sent their 360 back to MS for repair.

My current status is

"Device received at service status"

Anyone know what this means in real terms? It's been like it sometime (8/9 days), has it just been received, might they be repairing it?

Any thoughts much appreciated!

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I think that means they have it and they are about to service the machine unless they are servicing it now.

Give or take you won't see the machine until another week....maybe.

Bless

3. cyclone84 macrumors regular

I am currently going through this...

I am guessing you meant to type "Device received at service CENTER," in which case they have received it and will either repair or replace it within 10-16 days (XBOX phone rep quote).

Mine took 7 business days to repair (or whatever they did) and now the status says: "Device shipped to customer"

You can call their 800 number and request UPS tracking info once it has been shipped. It claims that I'll get it this Friday, so 3 day shipping.

Note: I'm in Boston, it shipped from Texas.

4. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

Good call, I mistyped.

5. Scott982 macrumors member

Scott982

I sent my 360 in on 9-19-07 and got it back on 10-3-07. The status on the xbox site was always wrong.

6. Shawn Taylor macrumors newbie

Take in consideration that MS might take between 4 and 8 weeks to fix and send your Xbox back (not always) so dont pay attention to that service status a friend of mine told me that its always wrong, just have patience.

7. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    I've gone through 7 360s now. All took about 2 weeks to get a refurb back from shipping mine to M$.

8. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Wow, you must really like the system to keep going through that again and again....I applaud your endurance! :)

9. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Eh, more the fact that all but the last one were RROD's so M$ has taken the hit financially, not me. The last one was the disc drive going out, M$ would not fix it till I asked the customer service lady to see how many systems I have been through. It was then agreed to fix for free once again:rolleyes: I have of course never recieved the same system back, which is a pain as you can only transfer the DLC titles 1x per year to work offline.

Now, the orig Xbox was a workhorse. I still have it, and have wiped the drive several dozen times, installed several hdds, (now with a 500gb hd), gone through half a dozen mod chips, messed up the d0 point via on the mobo...still works, and I must say works wonderfully as my media center. Currently with an X3 chip and faceplate with LCD. I sure wish the 360 was as resilient as the orig...

10. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Not to be mistaken for the average user experience... :p

11. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

I actually know quite a few others that are at least over 3 xboxs now.....:eek:

12. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

Xbox 360 still having problems? I'm thinking of picking one up next month and don't want have to worry when it's going to break down. :/

Hugh

13. xtreme80 macrumors newbie

Modding

Anyone do "Modding" and Resell used Xboxs. Let me know...