Xbox 360 RPG game recomendation

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by shevans, Dec 27, 2009.

1. shevans macrumors member

I'm rater out of my depth here, but my son is looking to find an RPG game fro his xbox 360. He's looking for something similar to Runescape/nostales/wow in other words a n on-line games that goes on and on and on....

He recent purchase Assassins Creed lasted three days before he completed the main game so a bit cheese off at the cost for such a sort game.

Any recommendations please for use on his Xbox 360? We are in the Uk and he has a Gold live account.

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

1. Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion- I liked a lot!
    2. Dragon Age: Origins- I like it a lot!
    3. Fable- ok game, some people like it a lot.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oblivion GOTY edition. There are many hours of gameplay in that. Many many many.
    And yea Fable 2. Setting wise its more of the same really - just a really big open ended adventure game.
    There's also Fallout 3 which is a more post-apocalyptic kind of environment.

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I second Fallout 3 GOTY, lots of content like Oblivion but with guns. May not appeal if he likes fantasy setting but worth a shot (har har).

Oblivion is also a lot of fun, but the leveling system annoys me to no end. PC mods ftw <3

5. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

I'd suggest all those that have already been stated, and add Blue Dragon. Also, tell your son to do more than just the bare minimum to reach the endgame and he'll get much more use out the titles he has. Oblivion and Fallout 3 *can* be completed in around 20 hours each, but I spent well over 100 hours on each.

6. shevans thread starter macrumors member

Many thanks for all the suggestions, I'll pass then onto my son.

7. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I'd have to go with Fable II, it's a great game (nearly 1 months on and I am still getting plenty of playing hours out of it).

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The difference between a Fable and an Oblivion is Fable is more scripted, but has tight alley-like levels with basically no open-world exploration to speak of, while Oblivion has wide open spaces begging to be explored! I prefer the latter. :D

9. shevans thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, we have ordered a copy of Oblivion, sound like just what he is after.

10. robj macrumors regular

I'm currently playing Borderlands and it's a great RPG.
    If you find a friend to play with it's simply superb :D