Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Chris Rogers, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Anyone know where I can get a cheap xbox 360 in new condition? Amazon and Craigslist aren't low enought.

Not trying to buy from anyone off of here since it's not the market place. :D

Thanks

2. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

your only hope is ebay but by the looks of it you are looking for the impossible.

Well not completely impossible. There always is the 5 finger discount but that can put a nice black market on your record.

4. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

The OP did say new. But if you really need cheaper, new is going to be very hard to come by. I would suggest eBay. Yes it will be used, but I seen them as little as $60-80.

~Steven

5. Chris Rogers thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

wow 60-80 I will definitely give it a try. I mean I don't need new but that seems to be the only way to find something reliable. Everything used seems to have red ring issues that were fixed. A reliable used xbox would be cool too.

6. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

When looking for something on the cheap, always remember that if it seems to good to be true then it probably is!

7. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

The reason you cant find one at that price is because it doesnt exist.

The market for 360s is still alive and people pay handsomely for working units...especially on eBay. Where most bidders want to either get a good deal, or cant find one locally.

Under $100 is going to be quite difficult. And if you do find one, make sure you know it works and has NO issues...360s are known for those! :rolleyes:

8. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Yes, I also should note. That the ones for $60-80 are first gens with out HDMI and are modified. There for haves no warranty, but my brother bought one and has been working perfectly going on a month now.

Just trying to give you some options, but I remember reading somewhere that it's hard to get updates and play XBL if your system is modified. My brother is yet to come across any of the issues.

9. evan g macrumors regular

10. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Hmm, I'm looking for a good suggestion as the best place to steal an xbox? ;)

11. yrsonicdeath macrumors 6502

If it makes a difference, everyone on I know who has bought an 360 that wasn't new has had serious problems so far. My brother who bought his new has had none.

12. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Conversely, I bought a new one, and it red ringed out of the box, as did the 2 replacements that followed it. They are just a generally unreliable system...

...but super cool unreliable systems nonetheless!

13. yrsonicdeath macrumors 6502

Totally, I was just stating from my experience. My roomate's 360 red ringed then the replacement from MS red ringed out of the box.

14. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

It really amazes me how a company can be satisfied with sending out products that often don't work from day one. I'm not a MS hater, I just really have trouble with this concept.

I guess by that standard I should scorn apple for all the iPhone 3G issues. Maybe this kind of thing doesn't depend on the company, but the product.

</off topic>

15. yrsonicdeath macrumors 6502

As sad as it is people will buy them anyway, myself included. I own both a iphone 3G and an Xbox 360 and the troubles with both of them worry me, but to me there is no better alternative. I understand that I'm just telling the companies that I don't care and will buy flawed products, but its a tough decision.