XcelCase for the iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lgreenberg, Dec 6, 2010.

1. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

2. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

Nice review. The case looks decent but looks just like any other plastic slider cases, nothing unique about it. I wouldn't spend a hundred for it.

3. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I'll have to agree. Good review though!

4. Spoolin414 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Great review also have to agree looks like an Incase Slider that has screws to hold it together. Nice case but would not be something I would be interested in at $99

5. ccfreedom36 macrumors newbie

It looks pretty sturdy and seemed to get a lock with a screw.

6. Venno199 macrumors newbie

Check out the site, www.xcelcase.com I think you will see this is much more than your normal case. Plus it is not plastic. It is 95% anodized aluminum, which is very very durable and will not chip or flake like plastic.

7. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

Hey Larry started a thread after viewing ur vid....i actually like the case...but wont cop due to the price.

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Not bad for an iWebsite

9. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Nice case. Not for $100 though. $30 and I'm game.

10. enemi macrumors regular

enemi

Agree with opinions of other posters.
    It's certainly not attractive for $90.
    Would definitely buy it for $30-40.

11. scelzifan macrumors 6502

Good review but like I said in the other thread about this case. I honestly thought it was plastic. It looked just like the slider to me. If it works then that is great. But $100 dollars is pretty steep in my opinion. Glad its American made though. I think it would sell at 50 dollars or so, but 100 is pretty high.

12. bullseyetech macrumors member

bullseyetech

I love it but $99! not even I would be that crazy for a case...

13. JASApplications macrumors 65816

14. adg81231 macrumors newbie

In hand pics of the XcelCase

Great review on the case Larry...

I have had the case in hand for a few days and was looking for other reviews when I stumbled on this thread. Thought I would post some in hand pics for others to see.

Pics taken with a old iphone 3gs...

I can tell you this case is super cool. Very solid design like Larry talks about. The color is fantastic in person. I have the Orange color which they call Melon. My wife has the Purple and they are very vibrant and bright and have a very cool look to them.

The price might be $99 but in my eyes the phone is $500 if you drop it or ruin it. This case for sure gives you a chance at saving it. I have had lots of different ones. Being into gadgets I have tried them all from the Vaja cases and the bamboo etc...

I recommend the case. I think once you get it in hand you will agree!

Attached Files:

15. enemi macrumors regular

enemi

Hi Xcelcase rep ;)

16. XcelCase Guest

Thank you all for taking an interest in our case. While searching google for reviews today I came across this forum. For the record, as of right now, we have no "REPS" The only place to buy one if from our site xcelcase.com

I would be happy to answer all and any questions regarding our new case. We have only been live since December 1st so there are not too many out in the wild yet. There are samples that were sent out to reviewers and for product testing as well as a few early adopters who bought our case right away after finding our site.

Any and all reviews you read are from customers, or are unbiased reviewers like Larry.

Feel free to ask away!

Thanks so much,
    Xcel Case Staff
    info@xcelcase.com

17. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

$99 for an aluminum case that actually works! Hmmmmmm....better then spending $79, plus $20 for carbon back and doesn't work quite as well for many. Wait, that's still $99!!! Lol
    So to spend the same amount on something that supposedly does not degrade the signal should be money well spent. Unless this degrades the signal as well. I'll wait for more reviews.

18. NancyZ macrumors member

19. JASApplications macrumors 65816

looks awesome!

20. scelzifan macrumors 6502

I really like those pictures of the orange case that the person posted. The case looks much better in person. I am also glad the the product is made in the usa but I still think 100 bucks its kind of steep. I am waiting on my e13ctron case and I know its not much cheaper but I really like that look of it too. This is a nice case also and I am sure alot of people will but it because it really does look better in person or the pictures posted I mean. But I think I will wait on a few more reviews to see if it is really worth the money.

21. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

I have to say that while I don't have one, I'm in love with this case, it looks amazing and it's at the top of my wish list. If it was not so expensive I would get one, but no mater how good it is I could never justify $99 on a case :(

22. xraytech macrumors 68020

I like what they did to get around the reception issues. I can see other Aluminum case companies following their lead.

23. xraytech macrumors 68020

I'm close to pulling the trigger on this one but I have one question.

The Keyhole style opening for the lens and flash more often than not, case Flash Wash. Have you taken any test shots with flash in a dim room yet?

24. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

Wow...I haven't seen this case until just now. I really like this case, and may pull the trigger on it, despite the price. I didn't realize Robert Bettinardi was into making iPhone cases. This guy has been making high end milled putters (golf clubs) for years, and has made putters for PGA pros. Always of the highest quality, and more like works of art than golf clubs! He developed a "honeycomb" finish for the face of the putters that's amazing looking.

Here's an example of some of the work he's capable of:

[​IMG]

25. shadowarachh macrumors member

any chance of a giveaway NOT associated with facebook?

i'm really on the fence between this case and a mophie. the extended battery would be nice and i had one on my 3gs, but for some reason this case is just calling to me.

out of all the aluminum cases ive researched so far(been following since the first mention of the vapor) the xcel looks to be the one i would finally pull the trigger on.

beautiful anodized aluminum, no reception issues and rear protection(twice the material as the bumpers).

decisions, decisions!

ryan