Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Wow. :eek:

9253-763-Screen-Shot-2014-05-15-at-84325-AM-l.png

25qyvio.jpg

jg2pfq.jpg

sammieboy

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
It would be really funny if Apple decided to release new ipad mini's based on the mi pad's design, which of course is a combination rip off of apple and the 5c lol.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Despite whether or not you think Apple is a little over zealous in their lawsuits, maybe now people can see why.....

Shameless rip off of the iPad, iPhone 5C and even website. Lol, its ridiculous and proof Chinese companies couldn't care less about intellectual property.

I can see it now - "Uhh, your honor - I know you guys usually think we're grasping at straws in our normal patent lawsuits....but...uhh...seriously?"

Stick with the original, kids.

----------

from the looks of it...Haven't used one but just from the aesthetics....yes....
Why what is wrong with it?

That doesn't look better than the iPad mini....aesthetically or otherwise.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
from the looks of it...Haven't used one but just from the aesthetics....yes....
Why what is wrong with it?

Ah so just a personal preference then (colored plastic vs aluminum).

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
It would be really funny if Apple decided to release new ipad mini's based on the mi pad's design, which of course is a combination rip off of apple and the 5c lol.

Then they would be releasing an iPad mini based on their own designs - not this knock-off....lol. Nothing about this tablet is original. Heck - even MIUI looks like iOS 7.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Despite whether or not you think Apple is a little over zealous in their lawsuits, maybe now people can see why.....

Shameless rip off of the iPad, iPhone 5C and even website. Lol, its ridiculous and proof Chinese companies couldn't care less about intellectual property.

Stick with the original kids.

You can't get much more blatant than this. 5C case with iPad mini size/aspect ratio. Software that looks an awful lot like iOS. I didn't think Xiamoi would be that blatant in ripping off a competitor.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Ah so just a personal preference then (colored plastic vs aluminum).
No..i prefer the aluminum...I love my iPad Air. I just think choices....whatever they may be is never a bad thing.....But at the end of the day....Apple does not make a tablet with those colors and plastic design.....

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Reminds me more of the Lumia, actually.

Of course it does.....:rolleyes:

Despite the facts that the position of camera, dimensions of device, curve of the plastic and even the specific hues of each color all match the 5C and mini nearly exactly....this is a thinner iPhone 5C/iPad mini hybrid.

Attachments

• Nokia_Lumia_520.jpg
    Nokia_Lumia_520.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 94
  • NUSA-Lumia-2520-PP-6-Colors-jpg.jpg
    NUSA-Lumia-2520-PP-6-Colors-jpg.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
  • 7.9-inch 2048x1536 display
  • Tegra K1 processor with 192 graphic processing cores
  • 2GB RAM
  • 64GB storage, microSD card slot
  • 8MP rear camera, 5MP front (both f/2.0 aperture)
  • MIUI
  • Six color option: black, white, green, blue, yellow, and pink
  • Price $200

The 64GB version is $272 USD I believe. Pricing starts at $240 for the 16 GB, though on a "beta test" basis in China only at this point. No confirmation on actual release in China or globally.

You forgot to add "Apple 'inspired' design" to your list of features. ;)

Too bad they had to go and outright copy the form factor - looks like a nice, cheap tablet otherwise. Heard Xiaomi is doing some cool things in China - shooting up the marketshare boards.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I will when they are available in the US.....My guess is they would sell very well with their current form and specs....

I doubt we will see these in the states.

Personally, I have no interest in any of these Chinese brands.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I doubt we will see these in the states.

Personally, I have no interest in any of these Chinese brands.

That's my guess too - doubt the prices would stay there even if they made it to the states....

Maybe you can pick one up on eBay or something eventually.

I'm sure by the time these are available though, the Apple A8 will have closed the performance gap.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
I will when they are available in the US.....My guess is they would sell very well with their current form and specs....

Good I'll be curious to know what the user experience is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.