iPhone XR Xr is the perfect size

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TreRep, Dec 15, 2018.

1. TreRep macrumors regular

TreRep

Xr is simply the perfect size
    Who agree with me?

2. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

I think XS is the perfect size. I went XS to XR and I prefer the XR overall but in-hand feel the XS wins for me. XR is damn close.

3. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Other than a few occasions, I don’t find my Xs max any difficult than my 8 plus used to be.

4. Emtbill macrumors newbie

Emtbill

For me it is, so far like everything about the Xr.

5. Calebtt macrumors member

I like the size of the XR too. I have the X now waiting for next years releases to see what they offer in the XR before I get a new iPhone

6. cub4bearin macrumors regular

XR without a case was almost the sweet spot. With case that’s a whole another story.

Currently have XS and with caudabe sheath case is perfect size for me.

7. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Very true. Out of the case the XR is grippy and nice.

8. PhilC67, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018

PhilC67 macrumors newbie

XR is pretty much perfect in every way.
    Display is outstanding no complaints from me but would of been mint if Apple went 1080p.
    Doing so would of kept speck junkies a little happier lol
    I’m hopeful XR series has future 2019 releases with minor tweak here & there staying with LCD display technology

9. Broadus macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure--I may have been perfectly satisfied with the XR in a X/XS size. As has been noted, putting a case on it makes obviously for a different size feel. The X/XS size in a fairly typical-sized case, such as a Spigen Neo Hybrid (which I have on my XR) would be perfect, I think.

That said, the XR in the Spigen doesn't feel too large, maybe almost perfect.

10. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

I like the Spigen Liquid Air for the XR.

11. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

XS in an Apple leather case is the perfect size, as was the X in same last year.

I tried the XR for a few days before exchanging. Probably would have gotten used to it but one-handed typing wasn’t nearly as nice and that wouldn’t have changed.

All personal opinion, of course.

12. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

My Xr in red was perfect and beautiful, then a spawn of satan allowed me to use his XsMax for a couple of days. I can't unsee the difference in the screens. FML, Still in Holiday return period so now I have a Max. My rationalization is I paid cash for sim free Xr, used Phone upgrade program for Max. See how 5G plays out next year, assuming we aren't smoldering radioactive ash ;) Not sure how resale will be on current phones in a year, I feel the old days of almost breaking even every upgrade is over.

13. nordique macrumors 65816

I have a XR, I think it’s a great phone but would never describe it as having the perfect size. It’s big and bulky, chunky and heavy, and has a bit of a thick bezel.

Price to pay for the incredible battery life though, and it’s less bulky than a smaller iPhone with a battery case

14. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The bezels don’t even factor with me, it is thick[er], yes. But I’m willing to believe the majority who purchase this phone, likely think of the weight first than they do the thickness. Maybe it depends on what phone they are upgrading from.

15. nordique macrumors 65816

I agree

I notice the bezels purely from using a X concurrently (personal line) And it stands out for me

XR battery life in undeniably excellent. Best ive ever experienced in a phone, personally. But it’s definitely a beefy, hefty phone lol

16. phido macrumors newbie

phido

A 6.1 inch screen without bezels might be perfect. Now it’s just a bit too wide for one-hand use.

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

For you perhaps, not me.

18. satchmo macrumors 68020

I’m having a difficulty getting past this. It’s just a tad thicker than the X, but to me it looks cheap.
    I’m still on an iPhone 6 and while there is a frame, the inset black bezel is thin and refined.
    It’s subjective and many say you’ll get use to it just like the notch.

19. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Are the XR bezels like a few mm more than XS? I can be pretty damn OCD but the XR bezels are something I never notice.

20. kerplunknet macrumors 6502

I like my XR, but it is just a little bit too big with a case... even with a minimal case.

XS is perfect in every way except for... dun dun dun... PWM.

21. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Agree that XR is just slightly on the big side. XS in Apple Leather case is perfect to me. Keeping XR as benefits worth it for me.

22. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Probably one of the most unnecessary points/arguments made about the XR, is the bezels. Remember, forums like this, dissect down every little detail about the XR, that the average ‘non-tech’ Consumer will never care or seemingly notice the bezels being an issue.

It always baffles me when those complain about the bezels on the XR compared to what the iPhone was with the previous Gen design, some will always find a way to over-analyze the iPhone beyond reason.

23. JPack macrumors 601

JPack

Given the XR is Apple's most popular iPhone, you can bet Apple considered the size carefully. They could have used a 5.8" if they thought most consumers wanted a small display.

The XR bezel is literally 1.1 mm thicker than XS.

24. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

People on here are literally complaining over this?

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 3.41.57 PM.png

From this?

[​IMG]

However, with all that being said, it is subjective. What you might find silly, the next person might care about. Even if its a small increase in bezel.