Yall got me confused as ****!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dextor143, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Dextor143 macrumors 6502

First it was AT&T vs verizon. Ohh AT&T is much better, I am going to get that...No wait Verizon is free hot spot plus they are running with AT&T as well..Then Verizn LTE is faster than AT&T...Then it was over heating...Then it was yellow tint, Bleeding, Retina display...

Calm the hell down. I have been reading all these threads since Friday and trust me, I am about to go return my iPad 3 thinking it is not that big of a deal and iPad 2 can just serve me good.

I mean ....Lets be honest, what is so good about it? I am also an apple fan boy and been using apple products since 2006. This is my first iPad and you know why? Caz I think, I can do just about everything with my iPhone and it is much easier. I bought iPad 1 and returned it thinking about buying iPad 2...When iPad 2 came out people started the same kind of thread that it is not that big of a deal. Same old stuff.......bla bla

Now here is the bigger picture.. I just read that yesterday that the new iPad with 32GB LTE cost apple $360 and they are selling them for 100% profit of $720..........(I always knew they have higher profit margin but never thought of 100%).

In conclusion guys, I really dont know if I should keep my new iPad or return it. I mean I ended up getting the white 32GB LTE verizon but not sure if I really need the LTE. I use straight talk with my iPhone so using AT&T and verizon doesn't really matter to me (although I have read enough of horror stories of AT&T).

2. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

How can we make the decision on wether or not you keep your iPad? Its your money, do what you want with it.

3. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Why are you so concerned with the opinions of others? You have it in-hand right? Judge it for yourself and either keep it or return it.

Don't worry so much about how it makes other people happy or unhappy. It's your product and your use-case.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The "I'm an Apple fan boy" statement used to offset someone's apparent dissatisfaction with an Apple product is similar to someone starting every statement with "Honestly ..."

Really, either you want to keep your new iPad or you don't. It doesn't make you less of a person or a supposed fan boy if you return it. Buyer's remorse sets in for a lot of people. It's a great device (I love my iPad 1) but it's a costly device when compared to the competition's. Some people get caught up in the ordering process and when they've finally had a chance to use it, the cost benefit to them shifts.

If you're letting what you see on these forums be your guide then I seriously suggest you return it and save yourself the headache. These forums do not represent a large percentage of total iPads sold but you're obviously affected by every negative post.

Oh and the sky is falling so wear a hat.

5. deeddawg, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012

deeddawg macrumors 604

Do you seriously think this? Do you understand business cost structures?

By the logic above, software companies are the place to be, since they make infinite % profit! When people download the software, there are no materials costs, so it's nothing but pure profit! :rolleyes:

Even if the parts cost is accurate, where do you suppose the money comes from for the factory tooling, assembly lines, office buildings, stores, employees, advertising, iOS development staff, R&D costs, allocation to fund customer service and warranty replacements, etc. Some magic money tree in the lunchroom at HQ?

I'm sure Apple is making profit on the iPads. But it'll be a small portion of the difference between the materials cost and the sales price and anyone who thinks about it for 30 seconds would realize.

6. hcho3 macrumors 68030

So u want us to tell u which iPad to buy?

Wait until next year. I am sure apple will release iPad 4.

7. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

This is easy...

If you have to ask, return it.

8. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Why would you ask us to make the decision for you. :confused:

9. bobobenobi macrumors regular

I don't understand how people like the OP actually survive. If they have zero foresight when it comes to electronics purchases, one has to assume other parts of their lives are as chaotic. How do they finish school? How do they hold down a job? How do they succeed at anything?

10. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Keep it or return it. We are not affected either way. The amount of profit Apple makes is irrelevent, is it worth the purhase price to you?

11. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

Whatever profit Apple makes on the iPad is their business. As long as I find value in their product, what I'm willing to pay for it is all relative. Apple has always had a premium priced product as the value their devices brings to people lives allows them that option. If their products sucked they couldn't make money and the market would put them out of business.

If the OP does not perceive that value it's simple, don't buy it. Their are other options out there. Only you can make that choice, not a forum full of tech geeks.

12. aka777 macrumors 6502a

I find that once I used a cellular Ipad, the iphone became practically useless, considering how small the 3.5 inch screen really is.

13. itommyboy, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012

itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

I heard the black one is faster and gets you laid more...you may want to return it. ;) Dude you have been sucked into the marketing hype vortex. It's what Apple really does the best. Macrumors and the fanboys on these boards pile it on even more. You're not all fanboys, just many of you - you know who you are. Yeah yeah let the flaming begin I don't really care about this stuff anymore - like I used to - and so glad I don't.

OP in all seriousness the one thing many of the legit posters around here will constantly drop - and is so true - still rings through and through. If you need it, buy it now. If you don't, don't. Sounds to me like the iPad 1 or 2 would suit your needs just fine, but in the end it only really does come down to what YOU want and what YOU need, nobody else.

14. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

One small thing: they don't make a 100% profit. Their profits are definitely extremely high, but you are forgetting about Research & Developement costs (even the smallest adjustment to a product costs money), shipping, packaging, etc.

15. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

How some of you people make it through daily life is beyond me.

Dude man up and make a decision and live with it, who cares what other people think or what they prefer.

Oh but I need some real help.
    I'm going to take a dump and don't know if I should use the white or blue toilet paper? What do you think I should do?

16. deeddawg macrumors 604

Imagine their agony buying a car and deciding on colors and options?

Or better yet, buying a house!

:rolleyes:

17. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

No Doubt!

18. Dextor143 thread starter macrumors 6502

It has nothing to do with how I work, how I live and etc.

When I know something, I really know it. iPad as I mentioned, I never owned one therefore came to this thread to see how people are doing. There are many people who called themselves tech guru and did the same thing of returning the iPad of AT&T and replacing it with Verizon.

My main concern was,

* Does the retina really make the difference? to be honest, while I was waiting for my new iPad, I played with iPad 2 and trust me, it looked really good. I do photography as well...just for fun. Do post editing on my Mac and love. When I saw the keynote and saw the way they edited photos using iPhoto. That was the key feature that got me into it.

* As far as keeping or returning....I am still not sure.

19. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

He can't, because he admitted it himself:

20. bobobenobi macrumors regular

I have to get dressed to go to work. Should I wear my blue pants or my black ones? If I wear the blue ones can I also wear black shoes? Oh no, what should I do about socks? I see people talking about socks online so I bought a lot of them without knowing what to do with them.

After I get dressed, which route should I take to get to work? There's a lot of traffic on the highway so I might want to go that way. I've heard there's a more direct route though, so maybe that way would be better? Someone said there might be construction on a street near here, so I'm not sure what to do.

I'm so confused!

21. Dextor143 thread starter macrumors 6502

You got jokes!

22. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

For most people especially ones that are coming from an ipad 1st gen or are 1st time buyers its worth it, for the 2nd gen its not as much difference but still worth it.

I would keep it or you could send it to me for free if you feel like it my birthday is coming up soonish. :D

23. taipan61 macrumors 6502

2006? Fanboy? far from it, a real "fanboy" has been using apple since "Lisa" or the IIe.
    although in reality at that age that would make them a "fanman"...LOL (i started with IIe)

on the point of your post, if you're happy with your purchase keep it,
    if it has a "yellow" issue, an "overheating" issue, or the visible sidelights i would return it for a new unit as it actually has a fault that apple does recognize, if it's just buyers remorse-return it and repurchase when you feel more comfortable with it

ps i went with ATT for what it matters

my .02

24. taedouni macrumors 65816

Apple's tablets sell at much better prices than its competition.

25. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Someone is just mad that Apple made enough iPads to go around, so it's not as special of a feeling to own something everybody else can get their hands on...

Yes, go return it.