Yellow "blemish" when white color on screen?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rdw154, Nov 12, 2015.

1. rdw154 macrumors member

Picked up the new iPad pro yesterday and there is this yellow "dot" that shows up when white colors are on the screen. Black, it disappears. White, it is a very noticeable yellow.

I have attached a few pics, not sure how well you will see them but question is....

Anyone else have this issue (near left bottom of screen and home button when holding iPad in portrait)? Should I just return and replace it (probably since it is bothering me)?

Thanks

IMG_0924.JPG IMG_0925.JPG IMG_0926.JPG

2. Viva macrumors newbie

It was the first thing I noticed upon switching my new Pro on this morning. I'm going to properly test it out, but will replace or return if it annoys me.

3. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

Get used to it. It's an issue with every single iOS device that has a retina display. Yellowing on various parts of the screen.

4. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Seems like a LCD issue that doesn't go away. Had a similar yellow circle on an old iPhone 4 that was traded in towards a Note 5 with SAMOLED so no longer an issue. For the premium you paid surely exchange it for another and hope the LCD lottery works in your favor.

5. klover macrumors 6502a

Have seen this on Ipad Air before. Welcome to the Apple Display Lottery. Definitely return that.

6. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

I ran the human anatomy app and a few games and bam, look at this picture. Never happened on my iPad Air 2, I know it's probably the glue heating up but that is ridiculous.

Attached Files:

7. chabig macrumors 68040

8. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

Still, I didn't push it that hard at all! It shouldn't happen

9. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

Everyone should run the human anatomy for a few minutes, could be the gpu heating up too much and melting the display glue

10. chabig macrumors 68040

Huh? Push it in? What do you mean?

11. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

I wasn't gaming for hours, "pushing" the hardware. I just ran a few games to see how they were running in the iPad pro, then I tried out human anatomy and while running it I saw a bright yellow dot in the corner of the screen, at first I thought it was part of the app, unfortunately it wasnt

12. chabig macrumors 68040

Ok. I thought you meant you were pushing in the screen.

13. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

No, lol, I made a Genius Bar appointment for tommorow , let's see what they say.

14. makotoisle macrumors 6502

The top 1/4 of my display developed a yellow tint sometime last night. It's quite noticable when half my keyboard is yellow, and the other half white.

I've read stories that it could be the glue curing, so I'll give it a few days and see what happens.

15. klover macrumors 6502a

There isn't any glue, these are optically bonded displays. That's a panel/backlight defect.

16. klover macrumors 6502a

The curing glue hypothesis has been disproven for years, these are optically bonded displays and there is no glue layer. It won't improve with time, I've seen the very same thing for years on IPS displays.

17. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

It disappeared when the iPad Pro cooled down.

18. jonstatt1 macrumors regular

And will it come back again after another workout? I suspect so unfortunately. What app/game did you run to give it such a workout? I guess I should check mine!

19. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Agreed. Mine never went away. The BS explanation is just to get you to go away and get stuck with it past your return period.

20. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

Just exchange it.. Mine is perfect, no blemishes. Don't just live with something bothering you, it's a device costing an upwards of 1100 dollars.. you deserve to be happy with it.

21. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

Im gonna run the iPad hot while waiting for the genius at my appointment.

22. cmjars macrumors 6502

which human anatomy app is that? can someone post a link?

Thank you!

23. cmjars macrumors 6502