Yellowing problem? Yay or nay?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by starfruit4463, Apr 6, 2008.

1. starfruit4463 macrumors newbie

Is that what this is? or am I simply imagining an issue?

Attached Files:

2. EMAGDNIM macrumors member

EMAGDNIM

3. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

i don't see anything either!:)
    enjoy your MBP.. don't let this ruin your purchase

4. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Same here. Although I'm not exactly sure what it is that we are supposed to be looking for :confused:

5. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

I definately see that its more yellow at the bottom than the top. But its not nearly as bad as others.

6. spooky mulder macrumors regular

def more yellow on bottom but what does that mean?

7. kashik macrumors regular

8. starfruit4463 thread starter macrumors newbie

haha now im not sure what to do!

what would people recommend?

thanks!

9. astrosyt macrumors member

you machine have yellow issue. you should get a n new one

10. PDE macrumors 68020

In the picture at the bottom, it is very clear that the lower part of the display is yellowish (for what it's worth,I've seen much worse). In the one above that it looks like slight yellowing, but not too bad. I would definitely have it replaced if it bothers you. Whites should be the same top and bottom.

11. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Just for reference, the word is "yea," and pronounced "yay," not spelt yay, though.

12. PDE macrumors 68020

13. kashik macrumors regular

Call up Apple or stop by a store, if there is one near you. No reason they can't fix this issue for you.

Glad to see your contribution to this discussion neglected the entire reason for the thread. Time well spent.

14. skiffx macrumors 6502a

Definitely replace it, even if it doesnt bother you much now, lets say you want to resell it at some point? Are you positive your buyer will be as lenient as you are?

15. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

16. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Seriously, in the second and especially the third picture you don't see that the bottom white strip is much yellower than the top white strip?

17. greenmeanie macrumors 6502a

greenmeanie

Hard to tell from pictures but the bottom looks yellow.

18. PDE macrumors 68020

THIS goes a long way in explaining why Apple can continue to put defective LCDs in their laptops without too many protests: for whatever reason, many people don't see it! These pictures clearly show the problem and yet there are still people who say it looks fine. It's exceedingly obvious to me, especially in the last picture.

19. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

It's a bit yellow . OTOH, if I were the Genious inspecting this mbp, I'd recommend you take something for your OCD.

20. PDE macrumors 68020

And if you were a genius and told me to get medication, I'd tell you something too! Come on, WHY would you accept that after paying all that money? Doesn't it bother you that Apple is counting on customers not caring because it's too much hassle, that Apple is cost-cutting but not either passing on some of the savings to you with lower prices, OR making sure that you get the best quality for your money? Instead, they charge a helluva lot AND give you mediocre quality.

As a customer, I find it really insulting. And I'm surprised that anybody would suggest that somehow the customer is crazy or OCD for demanding better.

21. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

Its called viewing angles. 2/3 pics look completely fine. The last is a angle issue

22. PDE macrumors 68020

You may be right - there seems to be lens distortion too and it's always hard to see with pictures unless the environment, white balance and everything is done properly and in a controlled way. However, if it is an angle issue, it's still a problem that colors would be distorted with such a small angle change. In any case, only the OP can determine if it's a problem - even if this particular case is an angle issue, the yellowing problem is still real.

23. greenmeanie macrumors 6502a

greenmeanie

I have returned two yellow screens it is not viewing angles.
    I suppose all those people returning theirs for the same issue have no clue :rolleyes:

24. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Make sure its not the viewing angle. (sorry if someone already suggested this I didnt read all the posts). Notebooks all have a color shift on the screen when viewed in anything but straight on.