yellowish screen returns

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by squeeks, Jul 3, 2007.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

are the apple stores pretty good about exchanging a mbp is it has the yellish screen issue? that was the first thing i noticed when i first pulled it out of its box last night and hit the power button was taht the lower 1/3 of the screen was yellow, i thought it was just from being a new display until i started reading on this forum about it being an actual issue

thanks

2. Jestered macrumors 6502

From what most people are saying on the forum is that they will swap it out for another. Just take it in and have them look at it.

3. amitface macrumors regular

If you can convince them that there is a problem, it will be easy.

Go to the huge thread "SR MBP LED LCD yellowish and gradients issue" and go to page 14. Someone posted a test picture. Make it full screen and show it to an Apple Genius. The two white squares at the top and bottom will be different colors.

When I swapped mine out, he gave me a new one with the same problem. We also checked the computers on display, and they all had it too. He submitted the problem to Apple Engineering and said he'll keep in touch with me, but I don't see anything happening so I'm getting a full refund on Friday.

4. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

thanks for your replies, i dont think it will really be an issue for me, i used it for about 4 hours last night and the only time i notice it was when i first turned it on for the first time, so i think it woulnt be a problem...now if i can just keep it from falling asleep when i close the lid...

5. amitface macrumors regular

Do you not notice the yellow any other time? If so, you shouldn't replace it. As for the sleeping, that's what they do. Check out this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=324022