YES, You will get your iPhone 4 today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrblack927, Jun 23, 2010.

1. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Sorry to make yet another thread, but I wanted to get the answer in the title rather than just the questions.

So, for those of you who got an email from Apple saying it would be delivered today (6/23), YES, it will be delivered today.

FedEx's tracking system is backed up and out of sync with the trucks and facilities.

If your tracking page says "Estimated delivery: 6/24" Don't worry.

If your tracking page says "At dest sort facility" or "in process" etc... Don't worry.

If you got your confirmation/shipping/whatever notification later than everyone else Don't worry.

EDIT: As others have pointed out, calling FedEx IPD can give you more real-time information on your package. If you call them, they will probably tell you that your iPhone is set for delivery today. :D If not, well, sorry :eek:
    The number is: 1-800-455-4588 Good luck!

As many other threads have confirmed, the iPhone 4s ARE in fact shipping and arriving today even though most tracking info still says "at dest sort facility" or something similar. Please, for the sake of all our sanities, wait until after 5pm before you start freaking out!

Thanks!
    * Disclaimer: Of course, I can't guarantee that you'll get it today. Sh*t happens, the truck could break down, etc... But more than likely if you got the email then yes, it will come today. Most people are freaking out over inaccurate tracking information so I want to ease those minds. :)

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Thread fail.

3. oldschooldude macrumors regular

Dude, can you please provide some FACTS to substantiate your assertions?

4. gdlcjr macrumors regular

We only get one delivery time on our place which is every 9:30 am. No deliveries in the afternoon. So you are wrong. The Fedex delivery van already came and my wife ask if there is a package for us and he said NO.

5. Gadget Chief macrumors member

does this forum really need 20 threads on shipping and tracking?

6. mrblack927 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

You know the people I'm talking about. Everyone who thinks that just because FedEx.com says "delivers Jun 24" that Steve Jobs is a liar and it can't possibly come today.

But of course, I can't say 100% of all iPhones will arrive today because that's unrealistic. Weather, human error, etc will prevent a few from getting there on time but that's not what this thread is about.

7. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Quick FYI: If a FedEx truck breaks down, they're quick to send out another to transfer the load and finish the route. Nine times out of ten you'll still get your shipment.

8. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

I got the e-mail.
    I just called FedEx, though, and they said tomorrow.

Wtf

9. Advil macrumors 6502a

10. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

From another thread:
    Told me mine was on the truck for delivery as well. It's a human and they answer fast. Just provide tracking number.

11. mrblack927 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

When you call FedEx, the CSR on the other side looks at their computer and sees the same screen as you (with delivery est. Jun 24). They don't know about the special circumstances of these Apple shipments.

Haha. That was good. :)

12. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

Try 1800-455-4588

Apparently it is the international line or something.

I got through and was told it was on the truck.

13. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

I called the number someone posted in that other thread and it was a specific department and I was told it's on the van for today.

With this many mixed answers, I am not getting my hopes up.

14. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Would everybody please stop making threads GUARANTEEING something when they in fact have NO official information? That Apple email doesn't mean a thing if FedEx can't get there stuff straight.

Geez your going to be ridiculed just like the guy who said NO ONE WILL GET THERE IPHONE BEFORE THE 24TH

Look what happened...

15. TehReaper macrumors regular

:O i called that number and they said that all my 3 orders are scheduled for delivery today! w00t!:D

16. mrblack927 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

I'm not guaranteeing anything. In fact, I even said I couldn't. Nothing in life is ever a "sure thing", people need to understand that. The point is a lot of people are freaking out because Apple said one thing any FedEx said another. In reality, at least 95% of these people will get their iPhone 4s today, right on time.

17. me2000 macrumors 6502

18. drool6 macrumors newbie

My status states that the package is at the Destination Sort facility since 2:30am. However, calling the FedEX IPD number above, the live person said the tracking system is down right now and that my package is on FedEX vehicle for delivery.

19. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I called the number posted above too and they said it's at the FedEx facility but due for delivery today by 4:30. I don't know, if it's not already on a truck, I'm having a hard time seeing it come today.

20. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

Thank you for the number!

Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!!

I called the general customer service number about an hour ago and they said it hadn't even made it into Lexington yet and would be delivered tomorrow. I just called this number and she said it's on the truck for delivery today by 4:30 pm. :D

21. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

what if it says 'Package not due for delivery'?

22. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I think the issue is that people felt that you were speaking from authority on the subject and unless you work for Fed Ex, you are not.

23. Shorties macrumors 6502a

Mine still says its on its way from oakland from like 3PM yesterday. But I am optimistic.

24. mrblack927 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Well I'm sorry if I came off that way. I was just trying to be helpful. Everyone on this forum seems very anxious and nervous about the conflicting information. This answer has come up in other threads but is quickly buried by the torrent of new posts pouring in. I was simply trying to consolidate the information and tell people that yes, in fact, the ones that are supposed to be arriving today do seem to be arriving today. Fedex's system is off and it's screwing everybody up.