Yes, Yourtube 2 is out for iOS4.0

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Applejuiced, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I been waiting for this for a while now so giving the rest of you folks the heads up to go grab it if you want.
    YourTube has been updated to let you watch and save HD YouTube videos to your iPhone or iPad's iPod library.

We’re proud to announce that YourTube has the ability to import downloaded videos directly into your iPod app! We call this new feature “Gremlin” and you will start seeing this in many of our tweaks on Cydia, including Safari Download Manager and Attachment Saver.

YourTube 2.0 is newly re-designed for iOS4. It includes a host of stability fixes, improved memory management, improved download speeds, and fixes for the nasty iOS4 sandbox. And don’t forget the ability to import your downloaded videos into the iPod library ;)

You can purchase YourTube HD for the iPad or iphone from the Cydia Store for $5.

2. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

LMAO :D
    Thats the face I made when I saw it too.

3. Dberhane macrumors member

Whats the difference?

Is there a big difference between YourTube and MxTube?

4. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good question, I never used MxTube before.
    I know yourtube is very simple and its built into the native Youtube app and now even transfers the videos to your ipod library.

5. Che Castro macrumors 603

well yourtube is integrated right in the youtube app

i dont know if mxtube is too?

6. hidefguy macrumors 6502

Title of thread kind of misleading since yourtube wasn't updated for 4.0. I already purchased yourtube, now I have to buy yourtube2???

7. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh, sorry about that.
    No wonder it wasnt letting me install and wasnt recognizing my facebook login.:D
    I just paid for it anyway since its only $5 and pretty usefull IMO.
    Im going to edit the title.

8. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

nice been waiting for this! too bad i'm on 4.0.2 on my iphone 4 haha

9. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

i got mitube while it was availablem but gremlin is awesome. Being able to import directly to ipod videos is a great feature

10. elwood2 macrumors member

WOOT! This was the last app i was waiting for after going from 3GS to iP4! :D:D

11. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

its beyond buggy unfortunately...

I've had to reinstall it twice, videos crash, download and then disappear, some dont even download (just show a 'cancel' option when clicking 'download video' - edit : seems videos 'not available on iPhone' show this)

anyone know the download storage location?

12. 2pak macrumors member

If you go into the Downloads section of Youtube, then click on the vidoe - you can save it to the iPod library and view it through "Videos" (this way you can watch the video without having to be on Youtube.)

13. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Beyond buggy? This installed and worked flawlessly for me. I had this on my 3GS and it was just as if it were part if youtube as a native function.

Only $1 if you had purchased the original!

14. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Or just view it in YouTube after downloading whether you have an internet connection or not. I'm not sure what you are telling us here.

15. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

/var/mobile/Media/YourTube

16. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I loved YouRtube on the 3G & 3GS.
    Now that there's an updated HTML5 version of the mobile site, I've been using that exclusively, as it's miles better than the native app, so this woun't be required by me and I 'll stick with MiTube for downloads.

Not meant as a slight on YouRtube, more on the native app. Apple need to update it.

17. 2pak macrumors member

Calm down no need to get excited. You're acting like I **** in your cereal or something.

The reason I mentioned about the internet connection is on my phone, If I don't have Wifi or 3G and try to access downloaded youtube videos - they won't play, I get the error: "YouTube videos require a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection"

Must be an issue with my iPhone.

18. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

cheers!

After my 3rd install it seems to be working well....dear knows :rolleyes:

Edit - spoke too soon...videos still being deleted after exit or phone reboot....pos!

My mp4's are all in the media folder but don't show up in YouTube,

Could someone reboot their phone after downloading a few and tell me if they're still there after reboot!

19. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Excellent!

Does anyone else have a hell of a time getting their payment to go through in Cydia? Jeezus, no matter what I choose to pay with it just hangs on that spinning wheel forever. :rolleyes:

20. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

I bought a bunch of apps on Cydia, and although none of my info has changed,
    there's no indication that these apps were purchased. My email went unanswered,
    so I will no longer be purchasing any apps from Cydia, unless I decide I'm OK with
    them being one-off purchases that can't transfer to a new or restored phone. [ /rant]

I was fortunate enough to download MX Tube during the few hours it was on the App Store, and discovered a really cool feature:
    With the phone connected to iTunes and you click on apps, scroll down and you see MX Tube and the videos saved. You can transfer them to wherever you want.

Attached Files:

21. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Works fine here.

22. labman macrumors 604

labman

nope worked perfect for me saurik likes my money just fine. :D I paid the upgrade fee toady and bought another app via paypal. my only issue would be I wish i could make my paypal screen larger. my eyes aren't what they used to be. I need to buy new glasses instead of apps!

23. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Yes.

You obviously don't know me; It takes more than text in a forum to get me excited. I was simply trying to point out that once you have downloaded a video via YourTube there is no need for an internet connection to watch the videos. The file is resident on your phone and accessible via YouTube or iFile, etc. Enjoy!

24. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

That non-stretchable PayPal page is awful! I can't buy an app without my readers!