Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Appleinsider posts another possible photo of the 3G iPhone, this time in black again. Appleinsider does not believe this represents a true leak and simply another mockup. As stated before, these purported photos are rarely accurate:

204540-iphone3gphoto-20080506_300.jpg

Article Link

Orng

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2007
These are getting tiresome, aren't they?

If somebody wants to generate a bit of shock and awe on the net, they should leak out how much Rogers is going to charge me for the privilege of toting one of these bad boys around Canada.

I'm sure it will outrage even those who are unaffected.

I like the iPhone, but I choose groceries!

why does the bottom button look off center?

odd.

Good catch! The artist missed that class where they discussed alignment in their photoshop nightschool class.

michaelsviews

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2007
New England
I wish June was here so that all the BS rumors and hoaxs would stop. This is getting ridiculous.

Luckily the only one I believe is the real phone when released and in the apple store

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Can you say LG Vu. Don't know if this is fake, but looks just like the LG Vu.

aarond12

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
Ugh...

Why do people even bother making fakes? Get a freakin' hobby people... and NOT making crappy Photoshops of iPhones! :D

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Looks pretty good... But, also looks fake. Bacaramac hit it right on the head, it's an LG Vu photoshop.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Very obviously fake.

The photo is from an angle "below" the phone, yet it has a "reflection" of a camera. If you were to actually take a picture from the angle shown, you would not see your own reflection in it.

Not to mention the camera is backward. The general design shows that it is a Sony Cybershot T9, which, when you look at the front of, has the lens on the right side. Which means that in a photograph of it in a mirror, the mirrored image should make the lens look like it's on the left. This "mirrored reflection" has the lens appearing on the right; which means the actual camera would have its lens on the left. Backward from a real Sony camera. (And I can't find any similar compact cameras that have their lens on the left.)

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Colorado
Tomorrow's image... NOW.

Legit! Steve's face is in it! And now the 3G iPhone has 3 home buttons! WOW!

204540iphone3gphoto2008ds3.jpg

hahahahhaahaha

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
Is it even worth posting the fake pics anymore? The problem is that every rumor site wants to be the first to say they posted the leaked pics, but I am pretty sure a redesigned iPhone is something that isn't going to be having any leaks like we have seen with iPods and whatnot. It's pretty obvious that everything iPhone has been kept very secretive, I don't understand why people think it would be so much different with the second gen iPhone.

beez1717

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2007
Earth
what if

Here's what the new 3G iphone will look like: the old iphone with a little 3G bit of text on the back and THAT'S IT!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.