yet another new iPhone 4S issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aeaglex07, Oct 24, 2011.

1. aeaglex07 macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

on top of the crappy battery life i discovered a newly emerging issue with my 4S.

When i squeeze the bottom left corner the back panel makes a popping sound, like its not attached to the phone. This started today and is very annoying.

I was going to wait for an iOS update for the battery issue but Im going to call Apple for a replacement. I would be over it if the back panel popped off and I dont want to be stuck with a defective phone.

Im really beginning to question the build quality of these things and the QC practices employed. I love Apple but this iPhone 4S debacle is tempting me to switch up and get a Galaxy S2. THere have been too many issues with this phone in the one week I've had it. Its apparently falling apart already :(

2. Young Spade macrumors 68020

You don't Like the battery life (which I think is amazing on my 4S) and you have a loose back plate.

It isn't the end of the world; just get the back fixed and micro:eek:manage your phone better.

3. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

I would take it to the Apple Store and get it exchanged, you may had just gotten a defective one.

Good luck

4. aeaglex07 thread starter macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

called Apple and was told to go to an Apple store, however the nearest one in 2 1/2 hours away. She then told me to wait for the 14 day return period to expire before they could ship me a new one, which makes no sense to me.

I will be returning this phone to Best Buy and getting the Galaxy S2, which is sad because I've had every iPhone model since 2007. I hate to leave the iOS ecosystem but I'd really hate being stuck with a phone that has too many problems.

5. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sounds like your mind was really made up before u got it. I'm disappointed with it too. But the only thing I dislike is that fact that I use the same case and people can't tell I upgraded from the 4 to the 4S. Even tho the GS2 is fast, the 4S is faster, better camera, only thing GS2 has is ram. Best of luck! Hate to see u leave!!

6. Jody macrumors regular

Ugh... this is sickening

7. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sounds like your mind was really made up before u got it. I'm disappointed with it too. But the only thing I dislike is that fact that I use the same case and people can't tell I upgraded from the 4 to the 4S. Even tho the GS2 is fast, the 4S is faster, better camera, only thing GS2 has is ram. Best of luck! Hate to see u leave!!

8. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Sickening? Why? Because I'm not having problems or that's not what u wanted to hear? And so what if I want people to know a difference. U wouldnt mind a compliment on a new purchase would you? Sorry for being proud that I work hard to own nice things. Some people's lack of respect for things like that is sickening.

9. Jody macrumors regular

The fact that you need some kind of validation from others because you bought a "nice thing" is gross, dude.

10. jjlannoo Suspended

It is sickening but You have a right to your opinion

11. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

[​IMG]

12. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Why is it so hard to wait a few more days?

13. CandyCane23049 macrumors regular

I don't understand why it's such an important thing, I could careless that people notice I upgraded from a 3GS to a 4S. :rolleyes:

14. aeaglex07 thread starter macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

I absolutely must have my phone for work. Its a bit of a challenge waiting especially when it is literally falling apart.
    Its already bad enough having to charge this phone twice a day when my iPhone 4 had great battery life. Now its falling apart too and I have been waiting long enough.

My breaking point with all this has been Apple's customer service. After several phone conversations i basically received several different solutions. Im starting to think Apple just doesn't want to acknowledge the problem which is really sad.

Obviously this year quality wasn't too much of a concern. Just crank them out and sell as many as you can.

Very unApple if you ask me.

15. Jest3r macrumors regular

Attitude makes all the difference when it comes to customer service... I can't imagine why you would be having a problem.

16. marcovortex macrumors member

marcovortex

This is one of the best examples I have seen of someone making a mountain out of an ant hill. Your phones not falling apart, a back panel makes a noise when you push it. You are either trolling or had made up your mind to return it, so just go in peace..

17. knck out macrumors member

lol its the same build quality as the IP4 an the issues that ur having is either due to ur carelessness or stupidity

and for the batterly life...its not that hard to fix

1. there is a drop down menu with 2 widgets running...turn them off

2. there is siri which has a proximity sensor ALWAYS turned on.....turn it off by going to Settings > General > Settings > Raise to speak to "off"

3. there are constant location services running with iADs.....turn them off by Settings > Location Services > System Services > Location Based iAds to "off"

4. apps that u open always remained paused upon exit, its part of the multi tasking feature...so close them by double clicking the home button, holding down one of the icons that appear and then closing them

the iPhone 4S also has 2 processors that take more juice, if u want more battery life get a phone that has less features....and dont tell me ur going to get a SII cause the battery life on the 4S sucks, the SII makes the iPhone battery seem like its eternal, Androids have **** battery

18. aeaglex07 thread starter macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

actually i have been very polite, thats just my nature. Im also a very frustrated customer.

19. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Another "screw Apple I'm going for Samsung" thread.

"Sighs"

20. aeaglex07 thread starter macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

funny the Apple rep told me the same thing, don't use the features that lured me into upgrading. LOL great logic.

21. knck out macrumors member

so whats ur solution to ur problem, buy another phone that has even crappier battery life? LOL great logic.

22. aeaglex07 thread starter macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

actually im not too sure about the Galaxy S2, i just hear good things about it. I would have to play with one for a while.

no matter what Apple wants you to believe they aren't the only company that makes decent products. and they obviously don't always get that part right.

I understand that in the business of mass production there will always be defects, but they could at least acknowledge it so they can also correct the problem.

and if you read through some of the threads you will see Im clearly not the only person experiencing less than par battery performance

23. knck out macrumors member

+ i never said to not use any of the features i just said to simply turn a few things off the siri proximity sensor and and the location iADs dont really affect anything

please use your brain

24. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Lol. To nearly half the iPhone owners. maybe he should just yell at siri every where he goes. People would know then.

25. knck out macrumors member

guess what happens to things you dont care of?