Yosemite compatibility

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by BigRed1, Jul 31, 2014.

1. BigRed1 macrumors 6502

I'm wondering if anyone has Yosemite yet and if it's causing compatibiility issues. I'm guessing Logic Pro X will work, but I'm curious about Logic Pro 9, the Native Instrument stuff, Reaper, etc. I konw it's early, but I'm curious. I was pleasantly surprised that Logic Pro 9 works with Mavericks - hoping I can squeeze one more OS update without having to buy the update for Logic.

2. groovechild63 macrumors newbie

I've got 2 Mac Mini's, one I use for my full studio which is currently running on Maverick and the other is a back up which I upgraded last night to Yosemite. As suspected it runs Logic Pro X without any issues, and Waves have sent out an email announcing that all Waves Native plugins V9 as well as the Waves License Center are now fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
    I have plenty of 3rd party plugins so I'll be checking various websites regularly for updates.

3. genshi macrumors 6502a

genshi

Someone on this thread claimed there were "lots of issues" with audio in Yosemite, though they have yet to post any sources or evidence.

Still, I haven't updated on my main music computer because I can't afford any downtime in my music production... and yet, I would like to update to take advantage of the continuity/handoff features between my iMac, iPad and iPhone 6. :confused:

The only issue I have heard of so far is an email from Native Instruments saying there is an issue with Avid's Core Audio drivers and NI plugins that require hardware that uses said drivers.

4. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

ProTools 11
    DP 8
    NI Komplete (9)
    Reason (7.1)
    Vienna
    Eastwest
    Pianoteq

All are perfectly fine in Yosemite so far.

(I got the NI email as well, but since I don't use any of their hardware I can't tell)

5. BigRed1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Has anyone tried logic pro 9 yet? The update to lpx is a bit too spendy for me at the moment and doesn't really seem worth it.

6. Fishrrman macrumors G5

Fishrrman

I've been having problems trying to get Cubase to install under Yosemite.

The installer keeps reporting that it needs an OS version "later than 10.4", along that vein.

I'll -guess- that the installer is checking the OS version, and seeing "10.1..." (only the first digit after the period), and rejecting 10.10 for that reason...

7. Mad Mac macrumors regular

I'm seeing one issue with Logic 9 on Yosemite. Not sure if it's related but after a bit of audio recording and deleting (where the audio still stays in the bin) it lags big time (3+ seconds) clicking on different tracks and trying to pan, move faders, etc. as well as hitting play, stop, etc. This didn't happen on Lion or Mountain Lion. Not sure about Mavericks since I went straight from Mountain Lion to Yosemite.

Komplete 8 seems to function fine on Yosemite.

8. darmr macrumors member

darmr

Yosemite is ok on my MacBook Pro (mid 2009). nVidia graphics card.
    Take the time to search the net about your graphics card chip as this seems to be one of the major tripping points.