You Can Now Check iPhone X Availability at Apple Stores With Limited Same Day In-Store Pickup

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Ncrit macrumors newbie

Hi mate. I have been trying for 2 days ands it’s unavailable since 6am. I was clocking from 555am for 30 mins. What time did you actually click ?

2. JOBS-3:16 Suspended

JOBS-3:16

Withdrawal from the Plus...really? I couldn't get rid of my Plus fast enough for the iPhone X lol.

3. pat500000 macrumors G3

pat500000

Oh yeah...i really love plus version....big screen, but i’m getting used to it with x. Lol

4. JOBS-3:16 Suspended

You have an 8+, and now you're getting an X. Yeah, you should probably seek therapy ;) Or get a new financial advisor!

5. Ayemerica macrumors 65816

Ayemerica

Seek therapy? For what exactly lol. I do well for myself and will give the 8+ to a family member.

6. JOBS-3:16, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017

JOBS-3:16 Suspended

Meh, it's just not worth it.

7. daflowerz macrumors newbie

daflowerz

I placed an order online with expected delivery in mid-November, but after the X started showing availability at stores I cancelled my order and re-ordered for pickup. Worked fine and I really love the new X. Really a huge improvement over my 7 plus in every way. Pricey but I feel like the value is there.

8. JOBS-3:16 Suspended

I agree 100%

9. Jefe's MacAir macrumors 6502

Bought a TMobile version for my wife. Brought it home and unboxed while backing up her iPhone 6s to her iCloud. When finished backing up I removed her AT&T SIM and put it in the new iPhone X after removing the TMobile installed SIM. When I brought her old phone near the new phone, while the new phone had just been turned on, and the X asked me if I wanted to transfer the old phone to the new phone. I began the process and it took minutes to finish. I then updated the X from the iCloud backup I just made. The X updated it's software and all was good to go. Took about 10 minutes start to finish. The longest was waiting for her 6s to finish updating so I could access her notes for her iCloud password.

10. Ayemerica macrumors 65816

Ayemerica

I make my own cold brew coffee thanks though :) your logic is flawed. The fact that you care what people spend their own money is hilarious.

11. JOBS-3:16 Suspended

Only in your eyes my friend, only in your eyes. Keep doing what your doing, big spender ;)

12. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

Is this only for in full, or can I reserve and sign up for Apple upgrade programme in store?

13. menace3 macrumors 6502

menace3

So I cancelled my preorder and tried getting one reserved and I’m in limbo hell wih AT&T. Calling AT&T, they show my order cancelled. Ordering at Apple says that I have a phone on order. Called Apple and they said AT&T is giving them trouble. And neither company can do anything until stupid servers talk to one another which can be 24 - 48 hours. Grrr

14. Jefe's MacAir macrumors 6502

Buy the TMobile, no number needed, put your SIM card in it and you're good to go. Unless you can't buy full price. It you're dependent on an upgrade program, then you're stuck.

15. trssho macrumors 6502

Don’t usually chime in on these mini debates, but I try to never presume someone else financial status or sanity by a forum post. Keep in mind to one person, a 1,000 phone is a huge purchase, while for someone who makes 5 times the first persons salary, it’s the equivalent of a $200 purchase. And maybe someone just one the lottery...., who knows and who cares.

Btw, I am still debating pulling the trigger on this awesome phone. When I bought my 7s I reserved for pick up. Just a timing thing.

16. iName macrumors newbie

This really sucks for people like me trying to do IUP with T-Mobile as everything has to be done instore. So basically my only option would be to go a store every morning and hope they have it in stock. Ridiculous.

17. Mollan macrumors regular

Mollan

Nope, probably they shipped so few iPhones to the stores that all of them were sold immediately to friends/special customers. Still, a 4 weeks shipping time at 9:12 (site opened more or less at 9:05) is insane.

18. JOBS-3:16 Suspended

A persons financial status holds no sway when it comes to making poor financial decisions. Billionaires lose millions on the stock market. Having millions more to lose doesn't change the fact that their investment choices were terrible. I call them like I see them, plain and simple. Anyway back to more important matters, I highly recommend the iPhone X. The 7 Plus was excellent as well, however I'm a big fan of the near bezel-less form factor. It's much more comfortable to pocket.

19. Bolt1982 macrumors member

Why doesn’t Apple deal with all the pre orders that haven’t got to customers yet and already paid for before someone who can just go in and pick one up today... the point of a pre order is you should get it first and I still don’t have mine

20. lenard macrumors 6502

Thats the way it should be, to many judgmental people, just stick to the technology and no personal attacks or judgements...whole heartily agree with your statement...

21. Crayon7 macrumors regular

Crayon7

Yea annoying :/

22. littyboy macrumors 6502a

requires account info though..

23. MisterAndrew macrumors 6502a

MisterAndrew

Yep, it looks like only Apple stores in states that have sales tax and also don't have agreements with sales tax-free states (to allow residents of those states to purchase tax free) allow walk-ins to purchase the Verizon model without a post-paid account.

24. bakerjeri macrumors newbie

Nope just the opposite was bumped up a week sooner.

25. Toddjenson macrumors newbie

I clicked on at 6am this morning with my iPhone on the App Store and my MacBook on the website. Just because sometimes the app can freeze up. Keep quitting the app and starting it back up until the 6am sign has gone down where u can select the iPhone you want. You will find the availability will change very quickly. You can’t afford to be picky if you want a reservation.