You get what you pay for, Sprint is Proof.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Booju16, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Booju16, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  2. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I hear ya on that. Siri is not even usable on Sprints 3G. All I heard all day was "I'm sorry, I am having trouble finding the network". So annoying.

3. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Other than Friday night, I haven't had any problems with Siri :shrug:

4. MacBootyDaddy macrumors newbie

I hope this is just temporary. There are times of the day when the data speed is ok and then out of nowhere it stops working altogether.

5. Millionin20s macrumors regular

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

7. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Well it depends on your area, I had sprint AT&T and Verizon, the cheaper one is sprint , and it doesn't get as lower speeds as Verizon does sometimes and AT&T latency sucks where I live in las Vegas but the speeds are faster, I had sprint for a year and so now and after reading so many bad stuff about sprint this weekend I was afraid that sprint was failing all over the us , well I didn't have any problems , pandora and YouTube work great and watching the regular sites that I visit often as well I have active evo 3d and the iPhone actually perform better that probably the OS tho , so I'm guessing is just your area the actually sucks on sprint and you might need another carrier :D

8. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Funny, I remember when everyone based AT&T but then no one had the iPhone but AT&T, now Sprint can not keep up, Verizon limited their data bandwidth and reduced their data plans, had VZ or Sprint had the iPhone in 2007, AT&T would be like a glorious answer to V or Sprint's issues.

I have to say I was on VZ in 2008 and not impressed with their network before switching to AT&T, and I can tell you now I will never leave AT&T it works well and their plans are priced well, and I have service everywhere I have been.

9. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I'm in Tampa and have yet to get that. Not once.

10. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

11. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

You are very lucky then my friend. Or you are using it over wifi.

12. dragula53 macrumors regular

Poo

I just returned my 2 Sprint iPhone 4S's today. I am not taking a chance with a 2 year commitment with 0.12MB/s upload/download.

13. brian2220 macrumors member

brian2220

i agree with you
    i had sprint from 2009 until march of this year and hated it most of the time i was there and the day i switched to att everything seemed better and i will never leave att either

14. ercsliberty macrumors 6502

i am very happy with my siri on sprint, and 3G rocks in L.A

15. JoeHemi macrumors member

Yeah the unlimited data thing kinda blows considering I'll be lucky to get 200mb of data a month out of their system here in Seattle. Siri wouldn't work at all today. HBO Go wouldn't work. Pandora wouldn't work. I did manage to squeeze out a couple iMessages, an email reply of "Yes", and the Google homepage. At least it makes phone calls.

16. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I'm outside of Tampa and this has happened quite often. I'm even thinking about switching back to AT&T. Sprint has great voice coverage by me but the data connection I can't take.

17. docgerrard macrumors 6502

App store takes forever to load, websites load at a decent time, youtube videos take a while to load but don't lag at all, and pandora works flawlessly

plus siri also works just as fast, regardless of getting miserable speedtest.net results

i don't know what to think.. but i do know i'm on wifi a majority of the time, so i can make it work

18. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Sounds kind of like using your iPhone on t-mobiles EDGE network.

19. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Here in the D/FW area sprint absolutely blows. They drop signals like no tomorrow in buildings, have poor data speeds, and provided me with the most horrid customer service experience in history. That was in 2006 and looks like nothing has changed at all.

20. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I knew this was gonna happen. I warned people. Sprint's CDMA network is EXTREMELY SLOW. T-Mobile's EDGE network is at times faster. No point of unlimited data when you can't even get past 512kbps. Have fun Sprint users.

21. JoeHemi macrumors member

According to the phone it always displays the 3G icon. On the sprint coverage map it shows the address as being in the 3G area. I work directly next to this Att tower and I think T-mobil has a few sticks on there too. Not sure where the Sprint tower is but my signal strength goes from 1 bar to full bars at random throughout the day.
    [​IMG]

22. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I'm actually in Holiday, Pasco County. Not once not been able to use Siri.

23. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

In Trinity it works pretty well but in most parts of New Port Richey and Tarpon it won't work.

24. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

Sprint bashing isn't new. Since a couple of months after the Evo came out the network went to crap. Even if everything does settle down don't expect for most ppl to see more then .50Mbps. Leave while you can or be stuck with dropped calls and late text messages. Sprint use to be good for me but it is crap now and been crap for almost a year.

25. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced