You guys tricked me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kruso2, Nov 5, 2014.

1. kruso2 macrumors regular

Picked up my 6+ and I was eager to see the battery life performance. I expected something spectacular considering all positive comments. Having a note 3 and Galaxy s5 I must say that the 6+ doesn't stand a chance. :(

Any GS5 users here and how is your experience?

2. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Not happy with it? Take it back then.

3. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

It should be very good. Maybe your unit is faulty or you have apps in the background that drain the battery ... e.g. Facebook?

4. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

I've had my 6+ for a month, and I go 5-7 days without a charge. It depends on how you use it. As the previous poster said, if you are not happy, take it back.

5. lotzosushi macrumors 6502

lotzosushi

How many hours and what kind of usage are you putting on each of these devices?

I'm a pretty avid texter and constantly checking Facebook/e-mail/playing games and listening to music throughout the day and my 6+ still has around 30% by the end of the day.

Maybe try calibrating the battery? :confused:

6. HerdJC macrumors member

HerdJC

Coming from a Note 3, my 6+ beats it every day of the week. I used to leave work at about 50-60% battery on the Note 3. Same usage with the 6+ I leave with 80-85%. My 6+ made it 31 hours before getting down to 1% battery. With the Note 3, I would be below 10% by bedtime. Its night and day difference for me.

7. Radiating macrumors 65816

Ok. It's an objective fact that the iPhone 6 has better battery life than either of those phones. It's not an opinion.

It literally has the most efficient processor in it's segment (the processor is twice as efficient as the competiton), with the same battery size (around 3000 mah).

One does not get worse battery life with the same size battery and a significantly more efficient device.

The problem is either user error, or a defect.

8. Arcade macrumors regular

Arcade

I get 7 1/2 hours on my 6 :) I know I can get even more out of it if I turn off a few features that I don't use.

9. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

I could have told you that. Apple battery life is BAD. Just plain bad. And it's sad. Just plain sad. :confused:

10. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Just goes to show you how much more Usefull ios is than android, now you have a great phone and your actually using it rather than it just sitting there:D.

11. GmDude66 macrumors 6502

I can go two days with fairly heavy use on my 6+. (Clash of Clans anyone?)

12. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Same here I can get about 2-3 days with heavy usage (COC)

13. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

With Apple, it is all about the experience, the emotion and your belief. Don't time anything. If you can't do that, return the phone as others have suggested.

14. HotIce macrumors regular

I just started a couple days ago. It's kind of addicting!

15. iceperson macrumors 6502

It boggles the mind that people who don't need a smart phone buy one. You literally can't be using the phone at all for it to go a week without a charge. Why exactly did you buy the 6+? Is it a status thing?

16. cynics macrumors G3

Goto settings > general > usage and see what's using up the battery. Post back usage and standby times.

You shouldn't have noticed much of a difference with similar usage patterns that you had before. And if you did it should have been for the better.

Something could be wrong with the device.

I'll give it some time but I doubt we'll hear back from the OP lol

17. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Maybe his iPhone 6 Plus died and he's unable to see these comments? How dare we trick him.
    But yeah, I doubt we will ever see him again.

18. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Clash of Clans is a drug. I just quit my clan to take a break... Now I'm playing Plunder Pirates - it's just like CoC but with a nautical theme. It's my new addiction.

Oh - and I'm happy with my 6+ battery life.

19. WilliamLondon macrumors 68000

WilliamLondon

Hey, another opportunity to spread some FUD around. Thanks MacRumors!

20. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Came from a GS5 and the Plus gets noticeably better battery life then what my GS5 ever got and it was tweaked(running in ART mode) and what not aswell

21. *KID* macrumors regular

I have background app refresh off & yet they all still update automatically without me having to do so... annoying.

Also - stocks has used 7% of my battery updating & I don't even use it nor do I want to - can't delete it - any way to shut this off?

22. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Close the app (if you ever opened it) and take the widget off the notification screen.

23. solodogg macrumors 6502

this fkn guy...seriously, i'll never understand an Android user coming in an Apple forum to complain. If you don't like it, thankfully for you, there is another choice. But sorry, I don't believe for a second your GS5 comes anywhere close to the battery life of the 6+. My 6 gets better battery life than the GS5 in real world use.

Comparing a phone sitting idle to one streaming netflix doesn't count either.

24. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

I'm not a heavy phone user, that doesn't mean I don't use or appreciate the features the 6+ provides, including the larger screen which is great if one's eyesight is going. I also have an iPad, so much of my data use is on that.

I don't mind explaining this to you, but you could have asked in a nicer manner.