Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
I could have told you that. Apple battery life is BAD. Just plain bad. And it's sad. Just plain sad. :confused:

Boy are you lost. It could last a week if you use it for just phone calls, a few email accounts and occasional internet. I did that for 3 days it was still at over 70%. No problem lasting a week. :cool:

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
It should be very good. Maybe your unit is faulty or you have apps in the background that drain the battery ... e.g. Facebook?

Wow, FaceBook breaks the rules and runs in the background? This could be huge! Contact Apple! Apps are not supposed to run in the background.

stasha

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2014
Montréal
Gs5 battery better than the 6 plus??? NO ,but you are not a liar ,because even a liar could not tell such story

Ps:i dont call you liar.

malevolant

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Boston, MA
I routinely end my day at 75% battery. In fact as I type this, my battery is at 93% and it has been unplugged for 7ish hours. Not sure whats wrong with yours.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
Wow, FaceBook breaks the rules and runs in the background? This could be huge! Contact Apple! Apps are not supposed to run in the background.

I think he is referring to apps that are allowed to refresh in the background. The more that are active, the more battery gets used. I noticed a significant improvement in battery life by disabling this.

HotIce

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2014
Clash of Clans is a drug. I just quit my clan to take a break... Now I'm playing Plunder Pirates - it's just like CoC but with a nautical theme. It's my new addiction.

Oh - and I'm happy with my 6+ battery life.

A very strong drug! Make.It.Stop!

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I could have told you that. Apple battery life is BAD. Just plain bad. And it's sad. Just plain sad. :confused:

I guess I'll just leave this right here...

6JXkggN.png

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
I own both a galaxy s5 and just got the iPhone 6. I use both in the same manner. I find that both have equal battery life even with the specs being different. I have no complaints about the battery on either device. Both iOS and Android have their pros and cons. I wish people on both Mac or Android related forums would stop all the bashing and be objective without sounding like they're paid by the respective companies. Fanboys of either are annoying lol.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
Picked up my 6+ and I was eager to see the battery life performance. I expected something spectacular considering all positive comments. Having a note 3 and Galaxy s5 I must say that the 6+ doesn't stand a chance. :(

Any GS5 users here and how is your experience?

Mine seems to be about the same as my 5, maybe a little better. Considering it's a bigger display, and the fact that I think I'm using this phone more throughout the day, I'm pretty happy with that.

I use my phone a fair amount and would probably barely make it through a full day. It's rarely an issue for me though, I have a 1 hour commute in the afternoon so I recharge my phone then.

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014
Having a note 3 and Galaxy s5 I must say that the 6+ doesn't stand a chance. :(

what does "stand a chance" mean? Are you having those three phones competing against themselves rather than using them for what they were made for?

Applefan4

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2013
Picked up my 6+ and I was eager to see the battery life performance. I expected something spectacular considering all positive comments. Having a note 3 and Galaxy s5 I must say that the 6+ doesn't stand a chance. :(

Any GS5 users here and how is your experience?

I switched to 6+ from Note 3 and 6+ battery blows note 3 out of the water. On 6+ I can get 8-10 hours of heavy usage. On note 3, I could get 5-7 hours max

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.