You know what else October 4th means right?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tsuchiya, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

We will get a solid release date for iOS5 :D

Hardware speculation aside, who else is looking forward to the next iOS?

So many seemingly small additions, but additions I genuinely can't wait for; iMessage, Notification centre, WiFi sync, camera update (lock screen access and use of volume key to take snap).

Oh and gestures for the iPad :)

Whatever the next iPhone turns out to be, and whether you get it or not, this update for existing products is going to be pretty good.

2. JCCL macrumors 6502a

3. shadrap macrumors 6502

You will play with iOS 5 for a couple of days tops. It's not really that different. Better yes, but not groundbreaking.

4. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

yeah hopefully we will have it that day or within the week. I have been looking forward to it for a while as well- haven't seen the beta first hand.

5. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I'm just excited for all my friends to get iMessage. I'll practically be able to eliminate my text messaging plan

6. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

Reciting this fact is the only way to keep myself from forking over the developer fee to download the beta. The newness will wear off quick. I remember how excited I was for Lion. I downloaded the GM cause I couldn't wait and by the time it went live in the App Store, all the magic Christmasiness of the OS had already worn away. :(

7. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Really? Has any IOS release been ground breaking:confused:

Don't think people are looking for "Ground Breaking".....Just keep the IOS from getting stale:D

----------

Lol expecting the feeling to last forever? Sounds like you need an android......

8. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I know what else Oct. 4th means.

Sputnik 1 was launched in 1957 ;)

9. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Above all else, I'm looking forward to the Notifications thing. I can't believe it took Apple this long to solve a problem that's been very conspicuous since iOS 2. But at least it's here now!

10. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

It means we're one day closer to iPhone 6. Now that's the one I'm ready for. I am a very patient waiter, I don't care how long it takes, that's going to be a very significant model. If for some reason it's not I'm still confident the phone will be improved and will perform far better than my Antennagate model.

If there's one observation to share about Apple, it's that while it may take them a year or two, eventually they sort it out.

As so many say, Apple does it their way.

11. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Absolutely can't wait for iOS 5. It'll be a major upgrade for me, since i've been stuck at iOS 3.1.3 for a while..

So excited to hear about iOS 5, Assistant, more on iCloud, and of course the next generation iPhone.

12. wratran macrumors regular

All of these features are on android, win7, and jb iPhone...nothing groun dbreaking...apple is just catching up. I just hope they figure out how to do multi tasking correctly

13. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Lion king blu ray pack :rolleyes:

14. batting1000 macrumors 604

This. I'm very excited for Tuesday and iOS 5.

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You know what else October 4th means right?

Yes, its also my sons birthday:)

16. msavwah macrumors 6502

17. chuffman15 macrumors regular

i was thinking RAGE for ps3 and xbox360, but yeah iPhone 5 and ios5 announcements are cools too.

18. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

I'm not sure people care if the waiter is patient. Waiters should be concerned if the hungry customers are patient.

19. Cougarcat macrumors 604

20. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

While you're right that Apple is usually never first to the "new features" party, they're implementation of whatever feature is usually the best. Notification Center for example so far looks a million times better than the Notification tray on Android. Wi-Fi syncing also isn't the best, always makes me end up just plugging it in.

And as far as multitasking, I actually think Apple's way is the better way to do it: freezing apps except for certain tasks (task completion) and then resuming them. I always seem to have to be fully conscious about what I am running on my phone so that I don't burn through my batter and I don't want to have to do that.

21. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Real tabbed browsing in Safari, Reading list, Twitter integration, etc, etc. I purposely refrained from getting hold of betas, just so I can see iOS 5 for the first time, as intended.
    The only ios5 feature I've had for some months now, is the multitouch gestures, which I enabled long before WWDC, via a plist hack. The code stays in the backup, so even when I restored to stock firmware and used the backup, the gestures were preserved.
    The 4-5 finger pinch to get to the home screen and slide up for the multitasking bar is so wonderful. I use that way more than the four finger app switching.
    It's been a struggle, but the wait will soon be over.

EDIT: I forgot I was in the iPhone and not the iPad forum. :eek::D

22. skyton macrumors 6502

I am more excited about iOS5 than iPhone 5 at the moment.
    All the little touches in the software make a huge difference, and are available to older devices too. Not to mention some new iPad software features as well :D

23. Surrylic macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I can agree with this. having an iPhone 4 I'm not desperate for an upgrade. Doesn't sound like major redesigns of hardware are happening, and my 4 runs great, unlike when I had the 3G.. I was dying for an upgrade since it ran so slowly. iOS 5 has several features I've been dying for tho. Now THAT is exciting :)

24. The Poet macrumors member

What I love most about iOS 5 is custom SMS ringtones.
    I hate when someones iPhone gets a message and I proudly take out my cell, thinking I'm the important guy.

25. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

seriously? thats pretty cool. I wonder if Apple planned that intentionally, that would be pretty cool.

They should also announce all their new mac pros and macbook pros on January 10th for the master of lightnings birthday :)