Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
I think the best thing will be the fact that everyone will have access to iMessage. None of my friends have it at the moment, so I've never used it.

o0jelly0o

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

One great feature is that you no longer have to have autocorrect on with misspellings, it is so annoying when you type something correct, and it gives you something you didn't want instead.

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
What I love most about iOS 5 is custom SMS ringtones.
I hate when someones iPhone gets a message and I proudly take out my cell, thinking I'm the important guy.

Agreed. It's the #1 request from users of our custom TEXT-TO-SPEECH talking ringtone creation apps. I can't wait.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
iOS 5 has so many new features, that it really is going to be an awesome upgrade. Surely such an upgrade deserves more than just a spec jump, with the same external hardware? :confused:
As satisfied as I am with my iPhone 4, I want to be blown away by the hardware as well as the software, dammit!

bordway

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

One great feature is that you no longer have to have autocorrect on with misspellings, it is so annoying when you type something correct, and it gives you something you didn't want instead.

So will it give you the red dotted line under the word instead of automatically popping up with something that will replace the word if you hit space too fast? So annoying. It would be nice to change the word if you want to, like OS X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.