you know your hearts pounding for the iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phonefanman, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Phonefanman Suspended

I don't care what they say, I know you're hearts a pounding for the iPhone 7 the ones who deny it. No matter what you know you wanna get your fingers all over it. You want to touch it flaunt it and get that screen all greasy by over touching it. You want to feel it, keep looking at it and obsess over it cause I know I do!

You can't wait for it, you don't care if it has a headphone jack or not because either way whatever it has will be the best because you will find reasons once it gets in your little hands. I will find reason too! I hope it doesn't have a headphone jack, waterproof. Either way it's going to be a fun device.

2. JackieInCo macrumors 601

There was a time when I bought every iPhone but that changed with the 5 and 6. I did but the 5S and 6S and 6S+ and 6+ but skipped the 5 and 6. I very well will likely do the same thing with the 7.

I just don't get excited over iPhone releases much anymore.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

What's the question/topic again? (though I'm not sure I even want to know)...

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

problem is it's harder to get phones to be so much better each year. Companies will move to a redesign every 3 years or so. It will be minor improvements.

Its how the market is these days. The 7 will still be a fantastic phone and will have features people aren'r aware of but those with the 6s it might not be worth it. From the 6 though it should be a good upgrade.

5. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

I have no doubt that the 7 will be a fantastic phone, but the fact that the rumors point to it being only a small upgrade over the 6s/6s+ combined with the fact that I really enjoy my 6s+ (Best phone I've ever had) just makes me less excited about this one.

I'm almost definitely getting it on launch day, but I'm not "dying to get it", like I would have been in years past.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Will I check it out? Sure. Will I talk myself into loving it? Nope. I made that mistake with the 6 plus. Worst performing iPhone I've ever owned and I didn't tell myself it was awesome, I told myself software updates might fix things. Lesson learned. I won't be in line for this one (either in store or online) unless Apple pulls some serious voodoo.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You just remember that next year when the form factor changes and you get cold comfort from your 7 while everyone else is buying the new iPhone.

Unless you're going to tell me you'll feel the same way about the 7s (or whatever it will be called)? Which if you do tells me just where your values lie.

As for me, I've got enough fugly with my 6s and it's bulging camera and eyesore antenna lines. Not going to add to that if the 7 is just more of the same.

8. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

I've upgraded every year since the original iPhone. This year will be no different. Any update to camera, display, CPU, etc, is something I really look forward to.

This gap between WWDC and early/mid-September (when the next phone is announced) is always a time of anticipation. Can't wait!
    --- Post Merged, Jun 28, 2016 ---
    I'm not the person you responded to, but I'm not sure what you mean by this.

'Values'? Just because some of us upgrade every year isn't an indicator of values. It's an indicator of means coupled with the desire to get something that performs better and has newer features than the phone we've already been carrying for an entire year. No need to try to question someone's values just because they spend a few bucks a year on a device most of us use many, many times throughout the day and for things that are very personal to us; it's money well spent.

And, really, selling/trading in your previous phone mitigates the cost of picking up the new one anyway.

9. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

Don't think the iPhone 7 will be worth it. Next years will be amazing with that Oled screen. Probably going to skip this upgrade. Might get a used 6s+

10. eyoungren, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

OP is lusting after a phone, almost to the point where a room might be suggested.

I love my Macs, I love my iPhones and my iPad. But not to obsession.

Upgrading every year because there is enough of a reason for you is one thing. Wanting to possess a phone to the point of molesting it so you feel good is…I don't know. Whatever you want to call that.

Additionally, this is what OP says he feels now. My sister has those same feelings every time there's a new "X" released. It's a pursuit of consumerism and status. She wants to be seen with or having whatever it is that society says is the "it" thing. All the stuff she felt before that for the now not new 'it' thing makes it just so much garbage and it gets treated as such because it's no longer "new" or the "it" thing.

If I've seriously misjudged the OP then I apologize, but IDK.

EDIT: Oh yeah. We don't sell our phones or devices. We keep them.

11. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Isn't everyone doing the installment plans nowadays ? just sell the old one and finance the new one, no money spending required, am I right?

12. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

T-Mobile wanted $200 up front for each iPhone I leased last year.

Granted they were both 128GB versions but I refuse to buy anything less than the max capacity Apple offers for the model I decide to purchase.

But yeah, if I wanted the smallest capacity available it wouldn't cost me anything.

13. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I really like the HTC 10 and I'm excited about the new Nexus or Google branded phone that should come out later this year. iPhones, at this point, seem to be more of the same.

I do like my 6+ though.

14. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

15. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

I need to take a cold shower after reading this.

16. Phonefanman thread starter Suspended

If you think about it though Android is doing more of the same also. I'm glad the iPhone finally got bigger and in two new flavors 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch.

The iPhone is going to be pretty much the same for a long while just like everything else. It has got bigger, faster, better though. Improved processors and little better cameras and with more options now.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 28, 2016 ---
    iShower hmm, that gives me funny ideas lol

17. Savor Suspended

Savor

K

Speak for yourself, OP. :p

Haven't been excited about an iPhone release since 2010. In fact, most flagships don't excite me that anymore much knowing how much they depreciate in value. I get more excited when I see a bargain and iPhones whether 5c or SE are no bargains. Silly to pay over $500 over any phone knowing it will be worth less than half that in less than two years. Buy a beautiful HTC One M7 for $600 in 2013. See it go for less $100 second hand. Sold an iPhone 5 for $200 last year. See it sell for $100-$120 now.

Maybe 2017 looks more promising with perhaps a Google-made phone if they don't make it in time this year, foldable displays to bring the clamshell form factor back, and Project Ara. The iPhone 7 seems like a passable release. But who knows? If the HTC Nexus or Note7 don't impress me much, I might go pick up a 4.7 iPhone 7. Need to jailbreak the thing to make things more interesting. Currently using an iOS9 launcher for one of my Androids. All feels the same to me.

Might end up rotating between 7-8 different phones by the end of the year, all customized to my liking. Five or six Androids, one WP, one iPhone. If you see my Retrogamer post in the Community section, people should be aware I'm a multi-platform user. I like them all. No complete allegiance to one platform. Having only one smartphone or sticking to one platform would bore me anyway, let alone, have the same exact phone everyone else has. Mixture of phone connoisseur/contrarian and value shopper here.

18. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

This thread was a very efficient way to creep me out hard enough to turn me off of the idea of buying the 7.

19. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Mature adult. My heart is not pounding for a phone. Females ? Yes. Not a phone. I'm waiting for the iPhone 8 next year

20. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

LOL,
    I'm 51 years old. My heart does not pound for a phone, woman, most definitely, watching my kids play certainly. Seeing a thinner iPhone without a phone jack, nope, sorry that just doesn't really get me all tingly like that

21. bufffilm, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016

bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

I'm laughing.

Heart pounding for the ip7?!

Before getting the 6s last Oct, I was using a flip phone for 11 years prior. My friends were almost bowled over when I told them was finally getting a smartphone and my family wasn't far behind. My first cell phone wasn't till I was well past 30.

There are many things to get passionate about in life. My phone isn't even remotely one of them.

It's just a tool. I appreciate its utility...other than that, that's it.

22. JackieInCo macrumors 601

There was only one phone in the last few years where I was seriously excited about getting and that was the S7 Edge. I liked it so much I have two of them. Since It's just about been four months now since I got those phones, one of them is sitting in a drawer and the other is still in use but I just use it at home.

My take with me phone is either a Note Edge, Note 4 or either the 6+ or 6S+.

The last iPhone that I actually had to have on day one in which I stood in a very long line was the iPhone 4. Ever since then, the ones I did buy, I bought in December, January or February. The iPhone is no longer a must have on day one phone, no phone is.

I have many phones simply because I get bored with them and switching between them daily/weekly makes it more fun. The next phone that I am actually looking forward to is the Note 7. I'll likely get that before the next iPhone.

23. I7guy macrumors G5

There's a common thread in these two posts.

Yet this is MR and smartphone usage is a fabric of life for a lot of folks. I won't be honest if I said I am not anticipating the release of the next iPhone and what surprises iOS 10 has in store.

24. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yup, I agree 100%

When people get so wrapped up with such a "thing" it will definitely disappoint them at some point. There's a richness in life, and experiences, that pale in comparison to a new phone.

25. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

You and I are pretty close in age, NTIM.

The funny thing about all this is that I work in IT...certainly know my way around tech, but when it comes to my phone, it's the one thing I'm not wrapped up in.

In that respect, I'm "anti-tech".

/ grin/