You need an appointment!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RealEyes, Aug 19, 2012.

1. RealEyes macrumors regular

I went to the apple store to use their screw driver in order to tighten up the bottom plate of my rMBP and you know what they said? You need an appointment. Terrible customer service! Eff that! So displeased with their unwillingness to accommodate...

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. gentlefury macrumors 68030

yes, they should help you immediately ahead of the 30 other people that made an appointment. That makes sense. So what would you say if you had an appointment and they helped someone that just walked in ahead of you...probably "eff them, i had an appointment! Horrible customer service!!"

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Doing this is the equivalent of cutting in line to buy tickets. There is a queue, you are not in it, go and make it like everyone else.

5. Ryukouki macrumors regular

I find it ridiculous the things people think that they're entitled to these days. Sadly, even if you paid top dollar you still gotta wait like everyone else. :p

6. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

What makes you think you can barge into an apple store and just feel like they will help you without making an appointment like EVERYONE ELSE.

:rolleyes:

7. theBostonian Suspended

Once they made an exception to see me for an emergency problem with my MBP at the genius bar... The AppleCare people have also been good to me.

I've also, of course, had terrible experiences at this same Apple Store but generally the people who work there are pretty fun and easy going so I remain an Apple customer (tho not devotee :p)

8. RealEyes thread starter macrumors regular

9. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

Just go buy one. They aren't expensive.

10. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

OP didn't mention which Apple Store it was.

11. RealEyes thread starter macrumors regular

Mission Viejo.

12. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

It's funny that you mention this. I did the exact same thing today with my rMBP, but I made an appointment first. :D

13. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Buy a set of of screwdrivers for computers.

It will save future frustrations.

14. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Apple has an excellent system in place, that assures they are able to serve as many people at the genius bar as possible on any given day.

They've made it easier to setup a last minute appointment than any other retail sales & service facility. If you go to Apple.com from your computer you can see their schedule on any given day including the day you log in, and using your Apple ID, make an appointment.

They also have an app so we can make appointments from our iPhone. No one else has this level of convenience, and organization.

It's up to the owner of Apple products to take a few minutes and learn about these conveniences. If one just assumes, they have an experience as you did.

Being the successful busy company they are, the system they use is ideal.

I understand you wanted priority attention, but they have more things to do, than to work on a random basis. Next time you'll know.

15. theBostonian Suspended

Thank you for being vigilant and on the ball iRobby; however, I never wrote, nor is it implied, in my post that I was referring to the same Apple Store as the OP.

Are you deliberately trying to derail the thread? I'm not castigating you, I'm just genuinely curious what compels people to make silly comments such as yours. :confused:

16. iLikeTurtles! macrumors 6502

so what gives u the right to get help first infront of 30 other people?

17. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

Did I miss something?

18. theBostonian Suspended

Yeah, you missed the first paragraph and instead read the second paragraph as though it were in a vacuum and thus linked it to the OP.

Admittedly I could have been clearer but I didn't think my meaning was that opaque that people would assume I was referring to the OP's specific Apple Store/Genius Bar.

19. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Of course you need an appointment. Why do you take priority over people who have already made their appointment?

20. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

21. RealEyes thread starter macrumors regular

22. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

You could have just went to Radio Shack and ask if they had any that fit.. then use theirs lol

X3 on getting a set of screwdrivers. Saves time and gas just to have one around.

23. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Funny thing is I went to Apple store and did not have an appointment or make an appointment I asked them to take off iPhone sim card and they did take the sim card out. Cool Apple Store anyway. :apple:

24. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

Come on, he wasn't trying to get them to deoxidise his MacBook Pro. He just wanted to borrow a screwdriver.