Your 4S will arrive on the 14th...relax

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GraphicsGeek, Oct 10, 2011.

1. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Guys, I've seen tons of threads about people panicking over what UPS or a Verizon/AT&T/Sprint/Apple CSR says about their tracking info. Has anyone ever ordered an Apple For launch day before? If so, then you would know that the shipping info will be wrong almost up until launch day. Stop panicking. If you got your order in on time for a 14th delivery date, there is a 99.998% chance you will receive it on Friday. Apple has deals with ups and other carriers to make sure it arrives on time REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU LIVE and REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOUR TRACKING INFO SAYS. I haven't had correct info on any iPhone or iPad I've ordered for a launch day delivery. If you do miss your delivery, simply call UPS with your InfoNotice number and they will hold it for you at the hub when the driver gets back. You can pick it up that night. For those that ordered through Apple you can pre-sign for it and tape a form to your door and they'll leave it. Otherwise, SOMEONE WILL NEED TO SIGN FOR IT.

For those that skipped the above paragraph, in conclusion, your tracking info will not be right all week. It will probably be wrong up until it says out for delivery. So relax and stop worrying.

2. coasterswim macrumors 6502

3. macbd macrumors regular

Relax about people not relaxing about people not relaxing.

4. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

5. iTouchIt macrumors regular

I refuse to relax. My iPhone should have been here two weeks ago! Damnit UPS/FedEx/DHL, etc....

6. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

But what time? Exactly? To the millisecond? What if I blink when it arrives? What if I'm making toast and the ding of the toaster blocks out the sound of FedEx ringing the bell? What if? What if? What if?

7. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

8. ectlu93 macrumors member

ectlu93

Well Said

9. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Very true, and to add one more thing -

Whatever is happening to your order, it's already happening. You will get it on the 14th, or you won't. Either way there is nothing you can do now that will get the phone there any sooner (though you can, of course, muck it up enough to delay it further if you try).

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

All everyone needs to do it go back and look at the old threads a few days before the iPhone 4 arrived. It is just the same!

11. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

[​IMG]

12. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

13. Si1en7 macrumors member

It's actually really hard to just relax. New technology/devices are very exciting to me. Especially since I'm making the jump from a stuttering, slowing down 3GS to the 4S. I couldn't be happier.

14. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

This is very true. Last year with my iPhone, which arrived a day early.

When it was placed in my hands by Fedex, it still said it was in Alaska I believe. I'm in Miami.

15. bellaisa macrumors regular

16. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

Relaxing is not an option. I just quit smoking, and I've had far too much coffee today :)

17. truthiness macrumors regular

18. GraphicsGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

Because I haven't missed a launch day since the original iPhone and iPad and they've all been the same. The 4S shouldn't be any different.

19. Iphone4Sara macrumors newbie

Haha, I actually did that today to calm myself down.

20. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah! Precisely! God forbid my synapses should catch a minute of downtime, I might forget how to freak out.

Attached Files:

21. Prelude2elude, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

Prelude2elude macrumors member

Prelude2elude

[​IMG]

22. ChimpNamedEnid macrumors member

"For those that skipped the above paragraph, in conclusion, your tracking info will not be right all week. It will probably be wrong up until it says out for delivery. So relax and stop worrying."

Like.

23. yodayoda macrumors regular

Same...the only reason I am paranoid is because I cancelled my Verizon order and put in an Apple Order at 9pm on October 7th since it was still showing for an Oct 14th delivery, but I am thinking due to the overwhelming demand the people on the tail end of the Oct 14th cutoff are gonna get pushed back. I guess I'll have to wait and see!

24. rmlred macrumors regular

25. omgwut macrumors 6502

[​IMG]