Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ticotoo

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2010
I was having the trouble with 10.11.1 & 10.11.2 beta 1. So far 10.11.2 beta 15c31f is working fine. It also took care of the lagging text in fields/forms that I would try & type into.

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
I have this problem too. 2011 macbook air. Upgraded yesterday. I have vlc and firefox beta 42 running. Maybe it's caused by firefox in full screen mode? That is my only guess. Nothing else running. How can I check the cause?

Stop running or remove whatever you suspect and see if the problem continues. You can boot into safe mode or create a second user account to see if the behaviour is isolated to software loading with your main account.

HannahSeifert

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2016
Australia
since updating to el capitan, my computer keeps restarting and then giving me this black screen that says "your computer restarted because of a problem, press any key".... etc in various languages.

this has happened about 8 times since yesterday afternoon.

any idea what's going on?!??!?

MINE does it too.. not very often but i have to reboot it on start up and it helps

also since updating to as i call it elCRAPitan
i have been unable to play sims 4 at all, upon opening it it just crashes and gives me the report form
prior to having my imac download elCRAPitan it ran absolutely fine, no crashes on anything. i even spoke to apple and the simswhich confirmed it is an elcrapitan problem and they both told me to just wait out the issues and wait for "patches" ...here i am 3 months later, many updates, still happening!! ugh.:mad:

donlab

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2004
USA
MINE does it too.. not very often but i have to reboot it on start up and it helps

also since updating to as i call it elCRAPitan
i have been unable to play sims 4 at all, upon opening it it just crashes and gives me the report form
prior to having my imac download elCRAPitan it ran absolutely fine, no crashes on anything. i even spoke to apple and the simswhich confirmed it is an elcrapitan problem and they both told me to just wait out the issues and wait for "patches" ...here i am 3 months later, many updates, still happening!! ugh.:mad:

is sims 4 supported on el CRAPitan?

cpwatson

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2017
I have High Sierra on 27” iMac 2013. since updating to 11, I have had screen issues when waking up, getting a black screen. Then a month or so it started shutting down & restarting getting reports until it crashed . Took it in because I hit restore (not being able to read the impossibly tiny print...why is that?) & destroyed my hard..erased my hard drive. But a few days later and it’s doing the same thing. All this after putting in OS 11.

donlab

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2004
USA
I have High Sierra on 27” iMac 2013. since updating to 11, I have had screen issues when waking up, getting a black screen. Then a month or so it started shutting down & restarting getting reports until it crashed . Took it in because I hit restore (not being able to read the impossibly tiny print...why is that?) & destroyed my hard..erased my hard drive. But a few days later and it’s doing the same thing. All this after putting in OS 11.
Why are you talking about iOS 11?
This is a necro thread from last year on EL Cap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.