your critique is appreciated

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by tactical store, Mar 19, 2017.

1. tactical store, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017

tactical store macrumors newbie

tactical store

Hello

I've made some development to my logo. And would like to see your opinion.

TS stand for Tactical Store almost like a shield, with a beret on top of it. The shield is winged.

Thanks in advance.

PS: about me, I'm an online retailer. I sell military, tactical, hunting and outdoor gear and clothes.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. iamgalactic macrumors regular

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Some adjustments I would at least try:
    • Make the feathers of the wings the same thickness as the TS lockup.
    • Make the counters between the feathers the same size as the counters of the TS lockup.
    • Do something with the star. It won't reproduce at small sizes (like how the attached file looks in your post)
    • The S is a little awkward with the varying thickness and the way it wraps to the shape of the shield on the outside, but not the inside
    • Nothing aligns. The tops of the wings don't align with the top of the beret, TACTICAL STORE doesn't align with the edge of the wings, etc.

4. filmbufs macrumors 6502

filmbufs

I really like your logo and I would agree with @tobefirst points. Alignment is a subtle thing that can make a world of difference. I would like to see your logo in color as well. For the B&W version, like the one you're showing, you might consider using different shades of black and gray to help separate elements. The wings could be a medium gray while the TS is full black. The hat could be a different shade of gray or match the wings. For the S, perhaps you could round off the top left corner slightly to give it the S feel inside of the number 5. Nice job!

5. tactical store thread starter macrumors newbie

tactical store

Thanks.
    :)
    --- Post Merged, Mar 22, 2017 ---
    Appreciate it, thanks.
    Will try out.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 22, 2017 ---
    I tried different colors and it was a nightmare for me. After some advice and a little research, I decided to stick with one color only. It's a tone of black.

For the (S feel inside 5) the 5 must represent something, otherwise it would be meaningless.

I'm an online retailer. I sell military, tactical, hunting and outdoor gear and clothes.