Your favorite board game....

spacemanps

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
New Jersey
So ive been wanting to get a good board game for me and a friend to play.. just looking for what games all of you have/do play and you think are good...

I think i enjoyed the following from when i was young:

Operation
CrossFire

PS sorry for the spelling mistake in the title!! BOARD GAME!!! (brain isnt working right today, case of the mondays)

[Fixed by moderator]

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
When I am bored I like to count pine needles.

My favorite board game is Rummikub.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
My favorite bored game is masturbating.

My favorite board game is Monopoly.

Mousse

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
I love those old Avalon Hill games. My favorite is PanzerBlitz.:cool: Finding someone to play against/with is a bit of a challenge.:(

When I had my first kid, my favorite board game was Candyland.:rolleyes: I played that for hours with my daughter. We've worked our way up to Monopoly now.:)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
PS sorry for the spelling mistake in the title!! BOARD GAME!!! (brain isnt working right today, case of the mondays)
Mods can you by any chance change it...
Change it? I thought it was a brilliant, clever title until you admitted that it was a mistake. :p

Have you seen or heard of Monopoly playing cards? It's the most fun I had playing any sort of game in quite awhile. I forget exactly what it's called, but I'm sure it's on the official website.

Instead of playing with a complete board, dice, money, etc, you have a deck of cards that represent all these things. The games take 30 minutes to finish. :)

benbondu

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2004
If you're looking for a two player game, I'd recommend The Settlers of Catan Card Game (not the board game).

Lost Cities also comes to mind as a decent 2 player game. It's a little lighter than Settlers, I think. Faster too.

Here's a good site to find reviews for board games

BoardGameGeek