Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black&Tan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2004
anrake said:
Babylon 5

How could I forget Babylon 5. Ah Babylon, you are sorely missed in the wasteland of tv sci-fi. Crusade was never given the chance it deserved...

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Black&Tan said:
How could I forget Babylon 5. Ah Babylon, you are sorely missed in the wasteland of tv sci-fi.
"The Coming of Shadows". What an episode. All the way through you were screaming "Nooooo" at the screen, hoping the characters would change their courses of action. Brilliantly done.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
josh.thomas said:
I LOVED CHICAGO HOPE! :D

Looooooove this show!
It was a fantastic show and I wish they'd release a dvd box set. It made me want to be a doctor for a very long time. I used to have such a crush on Chritine Lahti who played Kate Austin. :eek: :p

And Kath and Kim is just the best. I've watched it so much I probably know just about every line by heart. I'm surprised it's become so popular in the UK considering there are a lot of "in jokes".

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Lost
Prison Break
The Office

24 used to be on there until it went sooo downhill after the 3rd season.

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
Not much of a tv fan here so I only have two:

1) Seinfeld
2) Curb Your Enthusiasm

"Charles in Charge" and "Golden Girls" come in third and fourth. Sarcasm!

mulletman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2004
Los Angeles.
It changes up every couple months, but I'll try to throw out my top 10 even though it says 3.... this list includes one notable that many people may have forgotten :)

1. Futurama
2. Seinfeld
3. Curb Your Enthusiasm
4. The Office [US version, I enjoyed the British one, but this one is taking on an entity of its own]
5. House, M.D.
6. Mythbusters
7. Twin Peaks
8. Full House (yes, I know... sad)
9. Arrested Developement
10. Rocko's Modern Life

Edit.... OH! And throw in there 'MAX-EX'.... I absolutely love that show.

iTwitch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
East of the Mississippi
Turned off cable a few weeks ago and I'm not aware of anything on broadcast tv worth watching. Although I may check out a few of the shows in this thread. Probably not.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
iTwitch said:
Turned off cable a few weeks ago and I'm not aware of anything on broadcast tv worth watching. Although I may check out a few of the shows in this thread. Probably not.

Many of the shows in this thread show up on the main networks...CBS/NBC/ABC etc, which are usually broadcast.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Ruling out shows that have been discontinued - namely Xena Warrior Princess :):

1. Alias
2. Battlestar Gallactica
3. The Daily Show!

e

_Matt

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2005
In order...

1. ENTOURAGE
2. THE SOPRANOS
3. DANE COOK'S TOURGASM

all on HBO.

D0ct0rteeth

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2002
Franklin, TN
scem0 said:
Ruling out shows that have been discontinued - namely Xena Warrior Princess :):

1. Alias
2. Battlestar Gallactica
3. The Daily Show!

e

I find it amusing that Alias (Your first choice) has been discontinued :)

As for mine:

1. The West Wing
2. Six Feet Under
3. TBD.. I really can't think of one. I have Deadwood and Carnivale on DVD but I havent watched them yet. It may even be Lost (have to wait on the season 2 DVD), but really I don't know as SFU and The classic sorkin West Wing episodes are unlike anything else I have seen. they truly rise above anything else on TV in comparison.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Hmm, only 3 is a difficult one, but I guess they'd have to be (in no particular order):

Doctor Who
Battlestar Galactica
Family Guy

Honorable mention to Harvey Birdman, Chappelle's Show, CSI: Las Vegas and Robot Chicken as well. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.